[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he drop off the face of the earth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: warren-beattyjpg__140220161833.jpg (23 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
warren-beattyjpg__140220161833.jpg
23 KB, 320x320
Why did he drop off the face of the earth?
>>
File: Bulworth.jpg (184 KB, 1050x817) Image search: [Google]
Bulworth.jpg
184 KB, 1050x817
He showed people too much of the truth.
>>
>>63152690
that movie is great, but the production itself is more interesting.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (29 KB, 611x255) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
29 KB, 611x255
He's making a movie where he gets to bang Phil Collins's daughter
>>
>>63152690
Great movie, but seems to have killed his career.

>>63152717
how's that?
>>
>>63152419
He's never been very prolific and routinely takes years between projects. His next film about Howard Hughes is finished and looking for a distributor.
>>
>>63152964
Warren basically had to make three films he didn't want to make in order to get a whiff of studio funding for Bulworth. Dick Tracy was one and Bugsy was another. Then he painstakingly kept the production a secret from his bosses so they didn't know the subject matter other than it being a political movie. They didn't find out what it was about until the movie wrapped and they gave it little to no distribution.
>>
>>63153434
Didn't he work on Dick Tracy for years? Hard to believe he didn't want to make it
>>
>>63153434
There's no way Beatty didn't want to do Dick Tracy with all of the work he put into the aesthetics of that film.
>>
>>63153484
I'm sure he had a good time developing it but Ishtar was such a dud and Beatty really had to make careful choices if he wanted to make Bulworth, hence Dick Tracy and Bugsy which both made him a shitload of money.
>>
Bullworth is a bit of a tonal mess. Especially the ending. Should have been more of a straight comedy/satire imo.
>>
>>63153568
You should just watch Bob Roberts with Tim Robbins. Bulworth is a lot darker.
>>
Is Ishtar worth watching? I know it was a notorious flop, but is it bad?
>>
>>63153434
>>63153484
>>63153564
Yeah, this is bullshit about Beatty not wanting to make Dick Tracy even in recent years he has fought to keep the rights for future films.
>>
>>63153674
Okay I misspoke about him "not wanting to do Dick Tracy" but you can bet he wouldn't have been able to make Bulworth if he didn't make the huge success that is Dick Tracy.
>>
Got too close to the edge.
>>
Carly Simon wrote her biggest hit about him
>>
File: philadelphia_collins.jpg (112 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
philadelphia_collins.jpg
112 KB, 500x375
>>63152759
R.I.P. Phil Collins
>>
Too much fucking 40 decades makes you exhausted so he need to stop.
>>
>>63153838
Is it safe to assume Beatty has the highest record of all time in slamming quality pussy?
>>
>>63153870

Julio Iglesias has a good run too.
>>
>>63152419
Who the hell is he?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.