[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was pre-9/11 america like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: Home-Alone-1-v3.png (684 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Home-Alone-1-v3.png
684 KB, 500x750
What was pre-9/11 america like?
>>
>>63146989
this
I'm only 20 so I don't remember
>>
>>63146989
It was the 9/11 of countries

Now it's the 9/12 of countries
>>
Mexicans shitted up only California. Now they're shitting up the rest of the country.
>>
File: 1389854558336.jpg (67 KB, 320x278) Image search: [Google]
1389854558336.jpg
67 KB, 320x278
It was true freedom... Now nothing but oppression.
>>
File: 1433782516202.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1433782516202.gif
1 MB, 320x240
it was innocent and magical. The most we had to be afraid of was edgy music, and there were 150 Pokemon and good shows on Nickelodeon.
>>
Bring it On is the quintessential pre 9/11 film. That is how the 00's were supposed to be.
>>
Kind of eerie when Buzz literally says
>We live in America, nothing bad will ever happen there
>>
White as snow
>>
File: bryan cranston about to cry.gif (1 MB, 430x261) Image search: [Google]
bryan cranston about to cry.gif
1 MB, 430x261
>>63146989

I never been to pre-9/11 america.
>>
>>63146989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
>>
You want the 90s? Watch X files
>>
Fool of positivity, fun and weird as shit music. Eurpoor thou.
>>
>>63146989
Even less humble.
>>
File: 1445794611419.jpg (23 KB, 462x579) Image search: [Google]
1445794611419.jpg
23 KB, 462x579
>you will never live in a late80s/early90s comfy american movie

Life is suffering
>>
1999 was the peak of civilization.
>>
>>63146989

Not American but I remember pre-9/11 era being so much fun, post-9/11 now we can't have fun things anymore, everything and anything has to be a fucking political statement for the sake of being one. 9/11 was the final nail in the coffin for fun things and culture, 2007 was when it was official put into the ground and had the dirt thrown over the coffin.
>>
>>63146989
It was a dying republic. The usurper had been appointed by the supreme court coup of 2001, but he was considered a laughingstock. There was even a comedy series making fun of him and his whole idiotic family.

Prior to the usurper, the nation struggled under the burden of conservative idiocy, but it had not yet succumbed thereunto.
>>
>>63153158
cringe comment
>>
>>63153170
>I don't remember "That's My Bush!"
>>
>>63146989
>economy was pretty good, sans dotcom bubble
>biggest issues in elections was tertiary shit like the death penalty
>foreign policy was weird because no USSR anymore
>nobody knew dick about the middle east beyond Gaddafi and Saddam
>51 votes would pass a bill in the senate
>>
>>63151048
>smoking indoors
>smoking in a workplace
>smoking while at work indoors in front of customers

A golden fucking age, lost.
>>
>>63153314
>Wanting to be a cancer riddled individual
>>
maybe it's just nostalgia but it felt whimsical

everything was so light hearted

the politics, the internet wasn't as serious, people went outside and actually talked to each other face to face
>>
>>63153412
Cancer wasn't a thing back then

t. born 1989
>>
>>63147181
Fucking this
>>
>>63146989
There was a lot of optimism, it was basically two decades of uninterrupted economic growth. That's not to say people didn't bitch and moan, and bad things didn't happen (often), but people generally didn't question that next year was gonna be better than the last and that their kids were going to grow up in a better world. The wall fell and the computers were making everyone rich, it was pretty cool.

Now shit is like the 70's, when my dad grew up, everyone is kinda skeptical of everything and people do a shitload of drugs because they're miserable.
>>
>>63153487
Yeah it was senpai

t. born 1985
>>
>>63148630
He said their neighborhood is the most boring place in the US and nothing would happen to Kevin.
>>
>>63153487
>>63153579
what the hell does this "t." thing mean?
>>
>>63153615
its people outing themselves as redditors who don't belong here
>>
>>63146989
You could get on a plane with within 10 minutes, no one gave a shit if you were muslim or not, you could do what you wanted without worrying someone was watching, and people were proud of being americans, just not in the annoying MURRICA KICK THEIR ASS TAKE THEIR GAS FREEDOM ISN'T FREE bullshit.

>mfw the American reaction to 9/11 was exactly what bin Laden wanted
>>
>americans fuck around in the middle east for 30 years destabilizing democratically elected governments in favor of anti soviet puppets states and oil discounts
>directly leads to hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths over that time period
>get attacked for it, 3k body count
>10 years later they're still mad about it and still fucking around in the middle east

Deserved it desu senpai.
>>
>>63153615
It's a Finnish imageboard meme. t.=regards.

It's also used in Casey but I doubt Bernds go on here.
>>
>>63153680
this
>>
>>63153455
Blame social networking and cellphones. I remember 1990 to 1999 well and it truly was a fun decade. We weren't overrun by MUH FEELINGS and people knew how to take a joke.
>>
>>63153309
Getting a job after college was easy compared to today. It's depressing that college grads can't get hired because they lack experience since nobody is hiring.
>>
>>63153833
>social networking

MSN messenger was the beginning of the end.

Remember when you had to call somebody and have an actual conversation with them to find out what they were doing? Remember going over to someones house and knocking on their door just to speak to them and it not seeming weird and intrusive?
>>
>>63152081

Yeah, that's why I watch anime and read manga. American media always has an agenda or political statement. Probably because these networks support political parties financially. I fucking hate it.
>>
Actually, everything up until late 2002 was good. From then on, downhill.
>>
>>63147114
>150
Triggered
>>
>>63153903
College grads in the next 1-5 years will be okay, as the economy stretches its legs. The ones that are really fucked are the classes from '08-'13 who didn't get jobs right after graduation, and now they're going to get overlooked as companies want people in their 30's-40's with experience and grads fresh out of school.
>>
>>63151391
I've noticed a lot of awesome things came out of that year. I wish I had been a bit older then.
>>
File: 1444077990645.jpg (39 KB, 454x427) Image search: [Google]
1444077990645.jpg
39 KB, 454x427
>>63147114
>150
>he didn't look under the truck
>>
>>63153909
I remember getting nudes from dumb chicks in the yahoo pool lobby
>>
File: 1448670779294.jpg (20 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1448670779294.jpg
20 KB, 400x296
>>63154055
>>
>>63153909
Or calling a girl and the dad picks up first? This is why private lines were a must pre-cellphone.

MSN Messenger and AIM were easy and fun to communicate with friends. But now it's become a pissing contest over how many "friends" you have on Facebook and announcing to the world on Twitter about every damned thing on your mind.

In fact, I sorta miss the 56k dial-up. DL'ing stuff made you actually anticipate for it. Even those old Geocities webpages had a certain charm.
>>
Worse thing about the 00s was all the wiggers, and that trashy guido culture strarted by the growing up Gotti show.
>>
>>63154195
>In fact, I sorta miss the 56k dial-up.

Just computers back then were different, you had to go to some effort to get things to work and you couldn't just google for answers. Fucking normies ruining everything.
>>
>>63153912

>Yeah, that's why I watch anime and read manga

Are you me? I watch a lot more Japanese media than I do American or British shows, mostly because for the reasons I stated but I just can't stand how forced the political messages are. I understand Japan is primarily a male dominated country and movements like feminism, SJW nonsense, etc. Aren't really all that huge over there so maybe that's why I'm in favour of them. I also have a love for early 00s TV shows because they don't have smartphones or social media arse licking forced into them. LOST was the last true and great show I genuinely enjoyed from America because there felt like real hype behind it from word of mouth. Combining social media with television among other things has practically ruined everything.
>>
>>63154229

>the wiggers

Oh god, I forgot about the wiggers.
>>
>>63154246
I do admit that Youtube and Wikihow are invaluable instructionals. I learned so much about car maintenance.
>>
>>63154296
Late 90's/early 00's shows and movies were comfy as fuck. I just watched Popular, a series that was on the defunct-WB from 99-01 and it really is jarring how a couple years can really change things.

2015 kids never went to a video rental store for movies and games. And people weren't self-absorbed as much with chronicling their daily routine.
>>
File: 90s_kid_by_alexandradal-d529g1d.png (279 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
90s_kid_by_alexandradal-d529g1d.png
279 KB, 600x589
I am 35, so here is my take on the 90s.

We listened to early 90s music only, grunge, and started the whole coffee culture thing. There were computers around, but nobody could afford them and on dial up only. People got along without cellphones fine, except it was bitch to disconnect your internet when the phones rang. We never thought international terrorism as a new threat, were only foncused on domestic terrorism like unabomber and fringe militias.

Forum thing only became popular till the end of 90s and nobody ever posted something personal about himself. If anybody ever did, they were prank called on mercilessly. There was no social networking or media.

Politics wise, clinton was da best president we ever had. However, evangelicals came out of the woodshed to demonize him because of his affair, and that eventually led to bush jr. winning the white house. If it wasn't for the affair, al gore would of stayed in the white house, and avoided the middle east altogether.

Seinfeld, dragonball z, and x files pretty much dominated 90s airwaves; there were few reality tv shows like realworld but were considered to be small time, not like it is now.

If you played video games, you were considered to be a nerd and outcast. It was a negative thing to do, opposite from it playing football or hockey was consider to be "cool."

*There were weird dance crazes in the 90s, dunno no why. It seemed like every year there was some new dance coming out.
>>
>>63154446

>2015 kids never went to a video rental store for movies and games. And people weren't self-absorbed as much with chronicling their daily routine.

I miss going to those and just selecting a random film and not being sure whether or not it was going to turn out good. 2015 kids have it easier, while I do enjoy the the convenience of modern technology for example being an anime and manga fan is so much easier than it was back in the day since you have a lot more accessibility and choice at your finger tips and the click of a button.

People seemed way more good hearted back in the day but not as stupid as they are now. Thanks to social media and smart phones sinking their claws into everyone, people are now way more retarded, gullible and just as more vain and shallow than they used to be. Maybe they always were like this or that they weren't as aware on things now with people watching other people via phones and social media it's opened up a whole lot of nasty shit.

>>63154572

>If you played video games, you were considered to be a nerd and outcast. It was a negative thing to do, opposite from it playing football or hockey was consider to be "cool."
I hate how the polarities have now shifted a little, nerd culture become hollow and monopolized as it is now are one of the things I absolutely loathe about the late 00s and early 10s.
>>
>>63151048
not accurate at all, being recorded on a camcorder in the 1980's was an uncommon experience, they were all just glad to be on camera
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.