[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Jennifer does not share the same sense of humor as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: kevin_smith_1579031c.jpg (23 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
kevin_smith_1579031c.jpg
23 KB, 460x288
>"Jennifer does not share the same sense of humor as me — she did not like my jokes," Smith said, according to the New York Daily News. "I was picking on Ben Affleck making fun of him because I've known him for a really long time — I was talking smack — and Jennifer goes, 'You know, if you keep saying stuff about him, I'm going to kick your a--.' And she could — I've seen Alias. She has a real girly sense of humor and didn't understand that I was kidding.

Kevin Smith doesn't sound like a very nice friend. That just sounds like bullying
>>
Its just banter m8. She cant handle the bantz.
>>
It's called being a bro

Maybe now they can finally be friends again since he's divorcing that goblin cunt. Or Affleck has probably forgotten smith exists. Bet on the latter.
>>
Women don't have a sense of humor.
>>
>>63146141
Smith did piss off Weinstein
>>
>tfw Smith completely stopped trying after Jersey Girl
To think this guy was once writing huge IPs on assignment for studios like Superman, Green Hornet, etc. Not to mention all the other shit like Fletch Lives and Outer Limits. Why did he just give up and start making le fun movies that if you don't like, you dislike fun?
>>
>>63146262Seth Rogan didn't help. He peer pressured him into smoking weed. And then Smith got some complex into him being that: "I don't fucking care anymore, I'm going to eat what I want and smoke as much weed as I want'. Each to their own, indeed; but it kinda fucked him.
>>
>>63146361
I really would like to see what Smith could do film-wise if he stopped smoking weed. He keeps going on about how much it helps him being productive and creative but anyone who listens to his podcasts can tell that he's become extremely boring compared to when he didn't smoke.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51ld-scMI8

What an annoying, stuck up retard
>>
File: 1387713305322 (1).png (124 KB, 373x344) Image search: [Google]
1387713305322 (1).png
124 KB, 373x344
Why are women incapable of being funny /tv/?

Is it because they face no adversity in their sheltered lives and thus develop no personality?
>>
kevin smith is the ultimate kek
>>
>>63146115
Glad Affleck dropped this narcisstic piece of shit.
>>
>>63146491
I think the reason Smith's old stoner movies worked so well vs his post-DUDE WEED LMAO output is exactly because he didn't smoke weed.

Much of the humour in those films derived from him being an outsider observing and reporting on his stoner friend's habits. Observational comedy, where everyone is in on the joke.

Since he started smoking weed himself, everything he does is now effectively an inside joke, that only he really gets. Hence shit like Tusk.
>>
>>63146588
I thought Tusk was pretty fun
>>
>>63146588
Except for Mewes he didn't really have stoner friends though. I just would like to see him do a movie sober with no references to weed or any dick humour just to see what he'd come up with.
>>
>>63146520
Maybe. But Conan's turned into a annoying and arrogant prick himself.
>>
>>63146262
im gonna say it i fucking loved tusk and red state was fine

stuff like jersey girls and cop put i think are the result of him getting fucked by the studio so many times his soul broke
>>
>>63146680
Mewes was a heroin addict which I believe is a different class altogether. For example,weed's cheap enough that stoners don't tend to rob their Grandma's purses to fund their habit.
>>
>>63146680
Did Chasing Amy or Dogma have weed and dick jokes?
>>
>>63146716
He didn't start out as a heroin-addict though. Since his earlier filsm had some sort of autobiographical sense to them it would have been really interesting if he made a drama in the style of Chasing Amy about some NJ-schlub that makes it big somehow and brings along his friend as a sidekick, slowly watching him become a heroin addict and trying to help him out of it. Smith's stories on it are really interesting.

>>63146740
Dogma did have a shitmonster.
>>
>>63146520
No worse than the average Kevin Smith podcast.

I don't understand the hardon you guys have for Smith. His 90s output is bad. He has proven time and again that he is thin skinned in the face of the slightest criticism. Do people like him because they're fat and it gives them hope to see another fattie make it?

>>63146588
Tusk was par for the course. Guy has always sucked.
>>
>>63146262
Smith never had any talent. His much feted "masterwork" Clerks is a total unmitigated piece of worthless shit, made by a man without wit, wisdom, or talent. A mess.
>>
If you can't jokingly talk shit to a guy whose your friend, he's not really your friend. Women don't know shit.
>>
Clerks was a classic, shot in B&W on a shoestring and capuring the ethos of a generation.

All other movies going forward were just mildly fun or just straight up bad.

Some people only have one good film. Kevin Smith is one of those.
>>
>>63146833
Your shitposting can also be described thusly.
>>
>>63146833
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was his best comedic work. Chasing Amy was his best dramatic work. Clerk merely was the premier vehicle to get him noticed by Hollywood.
>>
>>63146842
Yeah, but there is a line where shit talking just becomes ridicule, and I doubt an insecure whiney baby like Smith knows where that line is. Affleck dropped the guy completely. You can blame his wife, now ex-wife, but a bro would keep in touch.
>>
>>63146917
Both those films suck. Like, Adam Sandler has better movies than that shit.
>>63146892
Clerks was like a good student film. Shit by any other standard. It wasn't the voice of a generation. It just followed the trends of the time - lousy overcooked dialogue and the 90s slacker aesthetic. At this point it's nothing more than a nostalgia piece.
>>
>>63147047
Do you like any Kevin Smith film?
>>
>>63146115
>can't handle the bantz

confirmed for NEVER having male friends
>>
>>63146141
kevin smith is divorcing her? i can't find it in the news
>>
>>63147076
Not really. Did when I was growing up though.

Smith filled a niche back in the 90s, which has since gone mainstream. Movies that play on DUDE WEED/nerds argue about Star Wars/vulgar humor is something that would only seem special pre-2002 or so. It's part of why he never made the transition.
>>
>>63147259
I think he means Affleck is getting divorced
>>
>>63146799
>I don't understand the hardon you guys have for Smith.
this

he was in the last cinemasins and it was like watching a cinemasins with your unfunny friend thinking he got what it was about and trying to do it too
>>
>>63146210
in the world of women, one little bitchy comment is a declaration of war. so women do not understand how men can say horrible things to each other and not care
>>
>>63147650
CinemaSins in general is terrible.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.