[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: JUST.png (158 KB, 272x427) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
158 KB, 272x427
What went wrong?
>>
harry pottah
>>
is it Max Landis' fault again?
>>
>>63146062

Shit marketing.

Nothing wrong with the movie desu it was fun as fuck.
>>
>let's try and make a movie like the Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies but without the structure

The trailers were pain-inducing.
>>
>>63146062
>Frankenstein

Most people think it's the monster, that's what.
>>
Remember the last Frankenstein movie? Exactly.
>>
>Frankenstein prequel

That's what.
>>
>>63146062
poor diversity (esp. white main character)
>>
releasing in the same decade as I, frankenstein
>>
Didn't even know this was out, haven't seen so much as a trailer and I remember being hype years ago when it was first announced.
>>
It's another Frankenstein movie, that's what.
>>
2bh there was no marketing.
>>
Shit advertising and it being a movie that nobody asked for. Sucks too, because you can tell that McAvoy is having a lot of fun in his over-the-top performance.
>>
>>63146103
It's always Max "Helicopter parents" Landis' fault.
>>
>>63146140
>Sherlock Holmes
>Victor Frankenstein
>Both movie titles use full names as opposed to being hip/edgy and only being called "Sherlock" or "Frankenstein".

Fuck, I see it. The guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies were amazing though, I'm still fucking waiting for the third one.
>>
>>63146062

This might just be the blandest poster I've ever seen. Nothing about it looks intriguing. I have no idea what "Meet Your Makers" is supposed to tell me, the blue font is weird, the costumes look boring, who are those people, what the hell were they thinking.

Maybe I'm just being autistic but this poster actually makes me mad.
>>
>>63146062
Wasted the budget on expensive actor even though its obviously a total B movie
Yes these guys still rank somewhat in the A movie realm at lest for how much you still have to pay them.
Imagine making this movie with the new Bruce Cambell, it would make more sense.
>>
File: image.png (728 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
728 KB, 1136x640
>>63147519
>Just rewatched A Game Of Shadows
>realized how much better these movies are than Sherlock with Bnblblblbbldict Cumnumbersnotch at structuring a followable, plausible sequence of events and setting an atmosphere
>yfw you realize that the absurdity and lack of causality and weirdly few minor characters in the Sherlock series make it the Ed Edd n Eddy of the modern age
>>
I met filmmaker Oliver Stone in 1992 at a conference. The one thing he told me that resonates to this day, is this.

"You can make a bad film from a good script... but you can NEVER make a good film from a bad script."
>>
>>63148727
Game of Shadows was the weaker one by far though.
>>
>>63146062
never saw even one commercial and didnt know it existed before the RLM video. i assume it simply just wasnt marketed. i would have seen it too, i love the lead
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.