[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the marketing continues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: the marketing continues.png (506 KB, 1022x521) Image search: [Google]
the marketing continues.png
506 KB, 1022x521
why are they gunning for nostalgic parents so hard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78lnkMgee5k
>>
>>63144302

Who do you think is going to buy tickets and action figures and happy meals for their kids?

There's your answer.
>>
>>63144302
wtf this made me cry. is there something subliminal here? WHY DO I HAVE THESE EMOTIONS
>>
>>63144302
There's a whole fucking generation of wannabe Seth Cohen's that were losers in school and manage to be even bigger losers IRL. They're socially inept and ugly and generally terrible people so they all converge over pretending to have childlike sensibilities by consuming horrible shit like The Avengers and Jessica Jones just to keep in with the crowd.

People don't actually enjoy this shit, they enjoy the idea of enjoying that shit and being such a le quirky nerd like the ones in Firefly and all those epin TV shows. It's no coincidence tons of them wish they could be actors and live their life pretending they're a character in a sitcom.

I'm friends with a lot of these people on facebook. They hang out with people like Max Landis and Chris Hardwick. They're all terrible.
>>
>>63144356
paternal instincts kicking in hard

they know that the modern geeky male in his 30s-40s has probably had kids by now, and probably likes star wars. so they literally gun straight for the heart, even in the comments half of it is grown men with daughters crying.

>>63144415
i don't know who seth cohen, max landis or chris hardwick is. i don't think you understand this commercial at all.

it's star wars. it's the shit that made so many young boys childhoods. there are some deep seated emotions nested in that series, and they know that grown men want their kids to be into the series too.

basically the jews are the chosen people. they're actually just smarter than us.
>>
3manipulative5me
>>
>>63144415

I would've liked to hang with Chris Hardwick back in his drunk days.
>>
>>63144448
I'd like to hang Chris Hardwick
>>
>>63144438
>>63144356
That father needs a slug to the brainbox, or the at the very least child protective services called on him. What kind of grown man gets excited walking into a toy store? A pedophile that should be put down.
>>
>>63144356
yer a faggit lol
>>
>>63144514
projecting much?
>>
File: christopher stanley kiernan kiss.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1130) Image search: [Google]
christopher stanley kiernan kiss.jpg
270 KB, 1920x1130
>>63144514
>not getting excited to buy your daughter toys

do you even love her?
>>
>>63144534
Except he's not excited for her initially, he's excited for himself.
>>
>>63144302
>brainwashing your kid into liking Star Wars

Great now this garbage franchise will still be forced onto us as an "essential" piece of nerd culture for another 40 years. FUCK.
>>
>>63144534

>buying your daughter Boyega action figures

Enjoy your mulatto grandchildren.
>>
File: Mace_Windu.jpg (101 KB, 512x704) Image search: [Google]
Mace_Windu.jpg
101 KB, 512x704
>>63144587
>forced

how is it forced? it just happens to be the sci-fi/fantasy franchise that's the most popular. but yeah, you're never going to stop seeing star wars commercials. especially now that it's Disney.

>>63144604
>implying my daughter isn't mulatto
>>
>>63144587
>>63144302

What a bunch of contrarian faggots.
>>
>>63144673
>calling a franchise with the last good movie released 32 years ago shit makes you a contrarian

No fuck you reddit Star Wars is objectively garbage thanks to all the crap released after RotJ. Stop forcing this horrible franchise onto us and let it DIE already, literally no one likes this series anymore and only pretends to do so because it's constantly pushed as DA BESTEST NERDIEST FRANCHISE EVAH XD and I'm fucking SICK OF IT! IT'S SHIT! STOP PRETENDING TO LIKE THIS TRIPE AND WAKE UP ALREADY GOD DAMN!
>>
Phantom Menace 2 here we go
>>
>>63144648

Yuck.
>>
>>63144733
holy shit you've never actually talked to anyone in years, have you?

how can any sane person get this visibly upset over a movie series?
>>
because the whole movie is based off nostalgia

third death star etc. also they're betting on old star wars fans with kids bringing in major shekels

the real question is why do girls pretend to like star wars?
>>
>>63144302
That's fuckin creepy
>>
>>63144953
Cuz it's in your face all the time. LIKE THIS LIKE THIS but no cuz it's fuckin shit
>>
>>63145046
Their father's are all delusional fucks?
>>
>spend years expressing disdain for star wars and people who like star wars

>jump on Hollywood's dick when a new movie comes out because it's cool now

Sounds about right
>>
>>63145268
only the contrarians dislike star wars. the majority of /tv/ has always enjoyed the original trilogy. shitting on the prequels or rotj is understandable of course.
>>
>>63145306
Get out newfag we here at /tv/ ALWAYS hated Gay Wars.
>>
File: 1448259511881.jpg (32 KB, 493x386) Image search: [Google]
1448259511881.jpg
32 KB, 493x386
>>63144648
>implying my daughter isn't mulatto
never change /tv/, never change.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.