[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't we have deep music in disney movies anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: hellfire_by_alicexz.jpg (181 KB, 1022x781) Image search: [Google]
hellfire_by_alicexz.jpg
181 KB, 1022x781
I mean, for fucks sake, Hunchback of Notredame is fucking awesome, so deep and dark.
Hellfire is such a great music, there's so much meaning on the music, why can't we have those things anymore?
Why are we stuck with "first time in forever" and "let it go"?

"It's not my fault if in god's plan he made the devil so much stronger than a man"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg
>>
>>63144107
That's the movie with George from Seinfeld playing the wacky gargoyle right? Because Hellfire is literally the only worthwhile part of that shitshow of a movie.
>>
>>63144107

Because Disney tests-audiences the shit out of all of their movies now. When Hunchback came out, kids hated it because they didn't like playing with the toys. Parents hated it because of how dark it was. It made money off of the Disney brand alone, but Disney is safer than cotton candy these days. There'll never be another one like this again.
>>
>>63144118
>Hellfire is literally the only worthwhile part of that shitshow of a movie
What. The. Fuck
>>
>>63144107
Because Hunchback didn't do so well. The executives likely came to that conclusion because it's second time darker content has flopped (The Dark Cauldron being the first) Ergo, they stopped.

Frozen being the highest grossing animated movie of all time likely solidified this position if it was frozen solid already
>>
LIKE FIRE
>>
>>63144107

>implying there aren't multiple layers to "Love Is an Open Door"
>being a babby who needs "real" villain songs
>>
>>63144187

>"real" villain songs

I just want a heavy song in a minor key, personally.
>>
Let it Go is funny because it's meant to be a villain song (look at the lyrics) but it was taken by the masses the exact opposite way. I worry if its going to be justification for the next generation to be completely stuck up little bitches who "let the storm rage on"
>>
>>63144118
I like the Court of Miracles if your talking about songs
>>
>>63144159
They don't have to be as deep and dark like Hunchback and Hellfire, but why they have to be like first time in forever?
I mean, today disney music is still good, but isn't as good as it was before.
Poor unfortunate souls didn't have that much of darkness in it and it was still great.
And when you talk about money, well, Hunchback did pay itself.
>>63144187
Love Is Open Door is cool, but ins't near as great as Be Prepared or Friends on the other side.
>>
File: 1448685636930.jpg (29 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1448685636930.jpg
29 KB, 240x200
>>63144274
> LGBT ruined it by implying the song was about being a faggot
>>
I don't mind songs in narrative-driven musicals not being deep. What bothers me is when the most popular songs are the ones that express negative messages but are so upbeat that they sound like positive messages.

Hakuna Matata and Let It Go are the best examples. Each song is the most popular song in their respective film. Each song marks a time in the second act when our protagonist is starting to adopt some misled negative morals. Each song is unusually upbeat considering this.

Hakuna Matata's negative message didn't prove very harmful, luckily. I think people were just swept away with how catchy it was and didn't really listen to the lyrics. Let It Go is somewhat harmful though. I think many of the people getting swept up in the song's catchiness are buying into the song's message as a means of supporting individuality, when really the song is about just not giving a fuck about anyone else for the sake of getting a few moments of peaceful relief.
>>
what happened to dreamworks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp5VsqVOu5s
>>
>>63144324

Because they made enough money off of the Frozen soundtrack to bury God under $100 bills.
>>
>>63144347
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WKN0XF8-3Q

Every time i hear even one song from this movie i want to watch it again

It's a fucking masterpiece

> I SEND THE THUNDER FROM THE SKY I SEND THE FIRE RAINING DOWN
>>
>>63144347

2D animation is too costly and time-consuming. Also, computers can't complain about workloads or unionize.
>>
>>63144347
I send the big guys and memes
Into your board, into your thread
Into your (you)s, into your posts
Into your singles, into your dubs
Upon your in your field
Upon your moot, on your keks
Into your shills, into your jews
Until you break, until you yield
I send the bane, I send the bane
Thus saith CIA
>>
>>63144382
>Also, computers can't complain about workloads or unionize.

Yet
>>
File: 1431844064570.png (94 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1431844064570.png
94 KB, 292x257
>>63144444
>>
>>63144382
Pretty sure Prince of Egypt was made in toonboom, rather than traditional drawn animation
>>
>Starts a Thread about disney songs
>Somehow people start talking about Dreamworks
Well, Prince of Egypt IS a masterpiece (The only masterpiece that DreamWorks ever made..) and do have great songs.
Nowdays Dreamworks don't even put musics on her movies, what's extremely sad.
Not more than how most of her movies are shit now but yet very sad.
>>
File: Fairy Tail Mene.jpg (5 KB, 106x101) Image search: [Google]
Fairy Tail Mene.jpg
5 KB, 106x101
>>63144435
Nice Try.
>>
>>63144521
SOMEBODY
>>
>>63144544
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME THE LORD IS GONNA ROLL ME

IF I DON'T LET THOSE JEWS GOOOOO
>>
>>63144567
What the fuck...
>>
>>63144567
I WAS WORKING KIND A HARD
GETTING SLAVES TO WIPE MY BUM
THEN MOSES TOLD ME TO WIPE IT MYSELF
>>
>>63144623
WELL THE PLAGUES START COMING AND THEY DON'T STOP COMING
FED TO THE LOCUSTS AND I HIT THE GROUND RUNNING
DIDN'T MAKE SENSE NOT TO LIVE FOR GLORY
YOUR EMPIRE GETS LARGE BUT YOUR SON GETS SLAYED
>>
>>63144623
Why are you doing this?
>>
>>63144654
SO MUCH TO DO, SO MUCH TO SEE
WHAT'S WRONG WITH LETTING JEWS DO IT FOR ME
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW IF YOU DON'T STAY,
YOU'LL NEVER SHINE IF YOU WORK IN THE DIRT
YOU
>>
File: GOOOOD.jpg (11 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
GOOOOD.jpg
11 KB, 260x194
>>63144709
>>
>>63144709
HEY NOW, YOU'RE A PHARAOH GET YOUR SAND ON, GO PLAY
HEY NOW, YOU'RE A RULER, GET THE JEWS IN GET PAID

running out of ideas here f am
>>
>>63144737
AND ALL THE JEWS ARE DIRTY AND COLD
ONLY MOSES BREAKS THE MOLD

That was fun my friend
>>
>>63144737
What the fuck did this thread became?
Well bro, you know, you can stop this if you want...
>>
File: 1383728262059.jpg (16 KB, 341x341) Image search: [Google]
1383728262059.jpg
16 KB, 341x341
>>63144608
>>63144662
>>63144803
>>
>>63144827
the entire song
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME THE LORD IS GONNA ROLL ME
IF I DON'T LET THOSE JEWS GOOOOO
I WAS WORKING KIND A HARD
GETTING SLAVES TO WIPE MY BUM
THEN MOSES TOLD ME TO WIPE IT MYSELF
WELL THE PLAGUES START COMING AND THEY DON'T STOP COMING
FED TO THE LOCUSTS AND I HIT THE GROUND RUNNING
DIDN'T MAKE SENSE NOT TO LIVE FOR GLORY
YOUR EMPIRE GETS LARGE BUT YOUR SON GETS SLAYED
SO MUCH TO DO, SO MUCH TO SEE
WHAT'S WRONG WITH LETTING JEWS DO IT FOR ME
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW IF YOU DON'T STAY,
YOU'LL NEVER SHINE IF YOU WORK IN THE DIRT ALL DAY
HEY NOW, YOU'RE A PHARAOH GET YOUR SAND ON, GO PLAY
HEY NOW, YOU'RE A RULER, GET THE JEWS IN GET PAID
AND ALL THE JEWS ARE DIRTY AND COLD
ONLY MOSES BREAKS THE MOLD
>>
>>63144866
Fuck it, i'm gonna print screen this.
Thanks for killing my thread brotha.

It was funny though.
And the thread was shit so fuck it...
>>
File: 1422334125436.jpg (99 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1422334125436.jpg
99 KB, 400x388
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG0a9WFkgzU

> A single thread in the tapestry, though it's color brightly shines...Will never see it's purpose...in the pattern of the grand design
>>
>>63145002
>yayayayayay yayayayayayay yayayayaya
>>
>>63145002
Great. Fucking. Music.
>>
>God Tier
Hellfire

>High Tier
Bells of Notre Dame
Out There

>Mid Tier
God Help the Outcasts
Heavens Light

>Low Tier
Court of Miracles
Topsy Turvy

>Shit Tier
A Guy Like You
>>
>>63145183
god help the outcasts should at least be high tier
>>
>>63144107
I noted this when watching Frozen as well. The melodies were great but the fucking lyrics... "Who knew we had a thousand salad plates", "Don't know if I'm elated or gassy but I'm somewhere in that zone", just shitty fucking lyrics instead of something worth while.
>>
>>63145183
> A Guy Like You
So fucking creepy when you think about it, has his stone-friends from his own mind convince him that yeah, that hot chick is totally into you, she has to be right? No way she's not.
>>
File: babbyback.jpg (62 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
babbyback.jpg
62 KB, 620x372
>>63144187
>babby
>>
>>63144187
> muh closed doors metaphor
> deep

Unless I've missed something...?
>>
>>63146748
Not mention all the silly anachronisms really go against the dark tone of the rest of the film. The gargoyles were the worst part of the film.
>>
>>63144338
Never thought about this but it rings true. Any more examples of this?
>>
>disney music is so deep and dark!!
>i can't believe children's things sometimes deal with deep, heavy, complex topics like the fact that people get sad sometimes and that bad things sometimes happen!
i swear this opinion became the vogue in the early 2000s and never fucking went away
>>
No ost still beats the Little Mermaid. Most disney films have "that one song" but the Little Mermaid has both Under the Sea AND Part of Your World
>>
>>63146861
I don't know, lots of Disney movies have at least two remarkable songs, not just Lil Mermaid (though you forgot Kiss the Girl which I find more iconic than Part of Your World)

GOAT Disney songs (leaving out obvious Lion King) are in Aladdin (One Jump Ahead, Arabian Nights, A Whole New World, Genie-Songs), Mulan (Reflection, Make a Man Out of You) and Hercules (Go the Distance, I Won't Say I'm in Love, Zero to Hero). 90s Disney was great.
>>
Post GOAT villain songs.
Protip: You can't trump this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJGqxf86cZs
> The joy of vengeance!
> Testify!
Something about those kids listening to their mom sing about killing everybody brutally and rejoicing at the thought of revenge gives me chills everytime.
>>
>>63146986
>Disney sequels
kill yourself
>>
>>63146997
> he hasn't seen Lion King 2
> he doesn't realize it has songs as good as the first one
>>
>>63147031
>it has songs as good as the first one
AHAHAAHAHAHAH

please be trolling
>>
>>63147050
Stay mad, fag. Simba's pride has two songs that are on par, the one posted above and the "Deception, Disgrace" song.
>>
>>63147078
>comparing that to
- circle of life
- hakuna matata
- can you feel the love tonight
- be prepared
>>
>>63144107
The film would be much better if it followed the book a little more faithfully.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.