[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is it going to be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11
File: tfa_poster_wide_header_adb92fa0.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2156) Image search: [Google]
tfa_poster_wide_header_adb92fa0.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2156
How bad is it going to be?
>>
>>63141684
Not as good as originals, better than prequels
Donnie yen Star Wars will be better
>>
Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty bad
>>
better than the prequels, worse than the OT
>>
>>63141698
That's my view as well. It will be more competently produced than the prequels and better written, but still pretty soulless and Jewified.
>>
>>63141684
It's gonna be great
>>
Why does /tv/ want this to be bad?
>>
>>63141684
Last digit of this post decides
1= bad
5= mediocre
9= amazing
0 =only patricians can truly know
>>
probably as good as Avatar, The Hobbit desu.

Far below Harry Potter and Lotr.

Better than Twilight or the Jennifer Lawrence flicks.
>>
>>63141730
I want it to be good but I know it won't be, I was hyped like everyone else when they announced it but the more I saw the less I cared.
>>
>>63141746
>implying harry potter is a good film series
>implying harry potter is on par with LOTR

kill yourself my man.
>>
>>63141805
>suggesting that the Harry Potter films arent the most magical fantastical escapism for young children and adolescents to ever appear in cinema
>revealing through suggestion that poster is newfag underage who did not grow up with the books and films
>unironically defending LotR because the movies are slightly older edgier and based on lememe source material and immune to shitposters criticism

I believe you are the one who should bite the dick bullet.
>>
>>63141730
Id love it to be good, but a failure this big would come only once in a lifetime
>>
I'm expecting them to be on the same level as the Star Trek reboots, only with better scripts and more character and nostalgia involvement.
So, not as good as the originals but better than the prequels, like most of you seem to be expecting. 7/10-ish, and I'm fine with that.
>>
>>63141775
This. Trailers aren't a great indicator, but what I've seen feels so unlike Star Wars in the way it's shot and edited.
>>
>>63141915
Completely mediocre shit. Child me would have turned that shit off.
>>
>>63141698
>>63142022
What these guys said. I doubt it'll be terrible but I doubt it'll be amazing. We'll all probably walk out of it thinking "Yeah that was pretty good I guess" and not think about it beyond that.
>>
Already sick of it desu senpai
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1448698486689.png (2 MB, 2160x1080) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1448698486689.png
2 MB, 2160x1080
>>63142022
>nostalgia involvement
At its finest
>>
>>63141730
Because its going to be cape shit teir and see normies slop it up will be hard to watch. Better that it be bad and everybody know it.
>>
>>63141684

Better than the prequels, some people will argue that it's better than RotJ.

Really that's all it needs to be. People who expect this to be the best Star Wars movie are going to be devastated. People who expect this to be the worst star wars movie are going to claim that they never said that in the first place.
>>
>>63142094
>and not think about it beyond that.
We will though tbqh. Because that's arguably the most fun aspect of Star Wars. I mean, most of us dislike or even hate the prequels, yet as flawed as they are we can endlessly talk about them and enjoy the other superior media inspired by it.
>>
>>63142129
pottery
>>
>>63142159
I do wonder if there's going to be a letdown because of that. It feels like a lot of people ARE expecting it to be the best Star Wars movie. People are fucking crying tears of joy at the thought of this movie. If it's just some standard JJ Abrams lensflare wankfest, hearts are going to be broken. People may even commit suicide.
>>
Shit. Like all SW flicks.
>>
>>63141684
Worst case scenario is that it's completely soulless and complete pandering to nostalgiafags. In that case, it'll be bad in the exact opposite ways the prequels were bad.

Best case scenario is that it has a good, original plot that actually adds to the Star Wars mythos instead of just referencing it.

honestly, I'll bet anything that episodes VIII and IX are better, though.
>>
>Kylo's saber in line with Rey's

This has to mean something, ne?
>>
>>63141684
I hope not too bad, I want to enjoy it
>>
>>63142129
One of the biggest problem with the prequels and how they clash with the originals is that everything in them looked like an update from what we saw in the OG trilogy and not like something that was more primitive to be expanded upon. It was sort of like watching The Godfather II and seeing Robert DeNiro driving around in a Hybrid during the early 20th century parts.
>>
>>63141684
Solid 6.5/10 flashy action flick.
Major downsides will be disgusting old people, awkward pandering to the "fandom" and the lack of lightsaber duels.
>>
>>63142202

The kind of people that are weeping in joy at seeing Han and Chewie in a star wars trailer and tattooing Kylo Ren on their ass cheek are kind of people who deserve to be let down.

The movie will simply not be bad. JJ Abrams is the master of creating solid film products that while uninspired are usually devoid of major faults, play it very safe, and deliver a decent experience. At worst this movie is going to be by the numbers mindless flashy entertainment which the masses will gobble up.

The prequels have set the bar low enough that people will praise mediocrity just as long as it isn't actively pissing all over their beloved franchise. And in all honesty I don't really care. The entire point of hiring the safest director they could have possibly gotten was to start Star Wars back up on solid ground and this film will do that. I'm honestly interested in the films we will be getting 5 years from now when there's some more lax creative controls and some new directors in play to do interesting things. This film has to play it safe, the 4th or 5th anthology film? Not so much.
>>
File: good goyim good.jpg (45 KB, 747x709) Image search: [Google]
good goyim good.jpg
45 KB, 747x709
>exposing yourself voluntarily to sjw propaganda
>>
Imagine the memes that will spawn forth if it's bad.

I can feel it.
>>
>>63142390
>Star Wars episode 7 the force awakens is the most disappointing thing since my son
>>
>>63142249
They're siblings. Kylo Ren and Kylo Rey.
>>
RIP Han
>>
>>63141684
who is that shiny storm trooper in the middle?
>>
>my names finn
>my names rey

OK???????
>>
>>63142630
Brain of Tar
>>
What if its good
>>
>>63142630
some dyke named Phasma
>>
>>63142254
yes things looked too different. It was only a 30 year gap between Ep I - IV Technology doesn't change that quickly in the military now which uses 40 year old designs let alone once you're already at the thousands years old galactic civilization point. They refer to the Millennium Falcon as old in ANH but honestly it couldn't be more than what 5-10 years if you take the look of ships in the prequels as indication?
>>
>>63142159
Return of the Jedi is completely fucking overrated. Revenge of the Sith is 3rd best.
>>
>>63142685
>google asked me: "did you mean Brienne of Tarth?"
>wat
>wait a minute that actress
>look at Gwendoline Christie's filmography
>Star Wars TFA
cool.
>>
>>63142390
The memes will flow regardless
>>
>>63142750
Wrong, but Sith does have the most memes
>>
>>63142757
>cool
>lore breaking female storm troopers
>cool
Yeah because clones of a male become female.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>63142895
i think he was referring to the fact that he wrote brain of tar and got to his answer.
>>
>>63142895
>he thinks stormtroopers are clones
get out, kid
>>
>>63142202
>If it's just some standard JJ Abrams lensflare wankfest
What do you mean 'if'?
>>
>>63142952
>le prequels dont count maymay
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_stormtrooper
>>
It's going to have Star Trek sized plot holes and a lot of disjointed other shit - fucking Luke's lightsaber. The masses will love love love it for exactly 30 days and then be hard-pressed to tell you what it was about.

Fans is say it was 'okay' and they might even buy the doll of the black guy, but will shrug at the choice to go see it again.
>>
>>63143030
>Though the 501st itself remained pure, gradually, the rest of the Imperial Army became more and more diverse. We never really got used to the new guys. - Retired clone trooper

Read your own sources
>>
It will feel soulless, but from the other side of the spectrum from why the prequels felt soulless.
>>
I had a dream about it.

The falcon flying around shooting stuff is going to be cool.
4chan autists are going to meme Kylo too cool for skool Ren.
The rest is going to be wall to wall action, that is going to have plot holes large enough to drive the death planet through, but you wont notice during the movie because they are never going to stop.

Everyone is going to praise it like trek 09 because 'it was fun.'
>>
>>63141684
As bad as an apple in an ice cube!
>>
I don't think it will be episode 1 bad. more episode 3.
>>
>>63141915
are you a 12 year old girl from 2006?
>>
File: IMG_2574.jpg (66 KB, 672x712) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2574.jpg
66 KB, 672x712
>>63142895
>lore
>>
>>63141684
>How bad is it going to be?
Who knows but it's good to see Denzel back working again desu
>>
I'm betting it will be ok. Not great, not bad, but ok.

I really don't give a shit though. I have 0 interest in it. It's weird because I was a massive star wars fan as a kid, I read the books, i'd watch the originals at least once a week, star wars was my fucking life.

Then the prequels happened. I mean....that shit really drug star wars out in the street, kicked it in the teeth, then shot it in the forehead for me. It was just a brutal murder.

Now, I have 0 interest in star wars. Don't care about any games, movies, toys, food products, enema brands, whatever, I want no part of it.

Even if this movie turns out to be the best fucking star wars movie ever made, I still wouldn't give a shit, I'm not going to see it. Hell, I don't even give a shit enough to pirate it. If it comes on tv at a convenient time or something, maybe I'll check it out, but I just don't fucking care.
>>
>>63141684
Is spear girl evil? Why isn't she on the same side as the nigger? Also whoever did the final edit is a shit artist, her spear overlaps with the evil dudes lightsaber crazy bad.
>>
>>63141915
I read the books but the movies were so garbage I gave up after the third one.
>>
>>63143553
You feel the same away about Star Wars that I feel about Evangelion.

The Rebuilds, or rather just the Rebuild named 3.0 was all the prequels in one movie for Evangelion.

I used to snicker at Lucas being bad, but he is a saint compared to Anno.
>>
>>63144068
I guess it can be argued that Evangelion was complete trash to begin with, not sure why you got hooked on that, but w/e dude.
>>
>>63143030
>the being fucking retarded maymay
I love how you're actually dumb enough to link to a source which disproves your own argument. That's something else.
>>
>>63144105
It's all relative. One man's trash, etc...

If you consider it trash, imagine it being a billion times more trash. Imagine the delta change there.
>>
>>63141698

I'm excited for Donnie Yen Star Wars. It might be the first time a Star Wars movie doesn't hinge on yet another goddamn lightsaber duel. I love lightsabers and all, but let's mix it up, folks.
>>
As shit as TPM and AOTC.

This is such blatant terribly forced nostalgia pandering. It's nothing but a rehash of A New Hope.

Not to mention the token black guy lead who's there just for a political/social agenda and not because he's right for the role. If they really wanted a black dude they should have gone with Anthony Mackie.
>>
>>63144232

Maybe Anthony Mackie was busy with the 15 other movies he's working on at any given time.
>>
I hate the new look of everything in TFA. Its just JJ screaming at you LOOK EMPIRE, LOOK LIGHTSABER, LOOK NOSTALGIA.

TFA is not it's own film. It's "Star Wars' Greatest hits.
>>
Its going to be mildly entertaining at best, boring at worst.

Say what you want about the prequels but they had a ton of thought and design put into them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_I:_The_Phantom_Menace#Development

The only new things I see here is soccer ball droid and lightsaber crossguard (memesaber.)
>>
>>63144531

>Say what you want about the prequels but they had a ton of thought and design put into them

I know, the density was off the charts.
>>
I can already see the "Holy shit this was actually fucking amazing" posts coming after the release.
Then after a month or so people will say it was always shit.

Same thing with Interstellar.

I think it will be good, and on par with the OT. Disney just can't allow this to be a disappointment
>>
>>63141731
rolling
>>
>>63142750
You're right about Jedi, at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 450x338
It's almost December. Reviews are coming soon.

Just let'em in!
>>
>>63144666
interstellar fucking sucked you enormous faggot
>>
>>63145371
I mean it's not a masterpiece like everybody says it is, but it's still a decent film with top notch cinematography and a quality soundtrack. Yes the plot was predictable, but it is still better than fucking Paul Blart Mall Cop 2.
>>
>>63144199
Yes, instead it will hinge on yet another Deathstar run. Blowing up Deathstars and having bad sword fights are the only two plotlines this franchise will ever do
>>
>>63141730
im indifferent but i know its going to be a terrible movie based on what ive seen and heard about it
>>
>>63141731
>>63145191
very underrated
>>
https://youtu.be/OHTh8lfKme8?t=1m17s

1:17

How the fuck did this ''woman'' become an actress?
>>
File: adam driver empire.jpg (534 KB, 1467x2048) Image search: [Google]
adam driver empire.jpg
534 KB, 1467x2048
Adam Driver is gonna blow up after this
>>
>>63141684
It's probably gonna be rehashed shit, even worse than the prequels.

Normies and the majority of critics will never admit this tho.
>>
>>63141698
>>63144199

Is Donnie going to be the main character though? From the looks of that one photo Felicity Jones is going to be.
>>
>>63145537
QUAD JUMPAH
>>
>>63141684
All joking aside, I was actually pretty excited when the first teaser was shown. I've gotten less and less excited with every subsequent trailer though, and now I don't think I'll even bother going to see it in the cinema.

I dunno, it's just too similar to what we've already seen for me. I mean really did it have to be another rebels versus empire who have a death weapon the size of a moon/planet, with a young protagonist who starts off on a desert planet as a nobody and becomes a hero?

The planets are all just discounts of the planets from the OT, Jakku = Tatooine, the ice planet = hoth, the green planet = Endor/Yavin 4.

Remember when Luke said 'if there's a bright centre of the universe then this planet is where it's farthest from?' Was he not aware that there are apparently a clutter of 'desert planets' other than Tatooine?

I get it, it's Star Wars, it's about money now and less about whats best for the story. I knew they were going to play it pretty safe but I didn't think they were going to literally copy the original movie beat for beat.
>>
>>63141730
Because the people who browse /tv/ are social rejects not based on their hobbies or interests, but on their primary inability to properly socialize or integrate into society. This builds resentment and a gradual antagonization of the majority of people, misanthropy basically.

So people want the new Star Wars movie to suck not because they like or dislike Star Wars, that's fundamentally irrelevant. What is relevant is that millions of people around the world, especially in America where most of these social rejects live, are going to go out, see Episode VII, love the movie, keep talking about it. It's almost unarguably going to become a part of American pop culture, no matter how much these pariahs wish it won't.

And the only reason they don't want it to be successful, is because this film being beloved by millions of people reminds them once again of the pervasive lack of social inclusiveness they've felt their whole lives. So they'll hate the movie and scorn it long before it's even come out, a sort of premature rejection essentially.

So yeah the quality of the movie has literally 0 bearing on what /tv/ neckbeards think of it.
>>
>>63141684
the new avenger (the new avatar) pure crap but medias we'll lose their shit for ...
'MOVIE OF THE YEAR'
>>
>>63141775
the bilbo effect
>>
File: 1421617823321.jpg (119 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1421617823321.jpg
119 KB, 1280x800
>>63145537

she's 'compatible'
>>
>>63141684
It's going to be a solidly made film that is above mediocre with maybe a few neat action scenes. The sheer amount of money being pumped into it and the Star Wars hype machine keeps it from being anything more.
>>
File: image.jpg (899 KB, 2253x979) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
899 KB, 2253x979
>>63145537
Some geezer in her family was involved in the Phoney War during WW2.

https://youtu.be/YKYJFfN2hLQ
>>
How mad will you be when Finn turns out to be Han's kid because Marvel ruined the canon because they are obsessed with being seen as oppressive and gave Han a nigger wife?
>>
>>63146932
*progressive*
>>
>>63146932

Haven't you read the latest issue?
>>
It won't be better than episode III.
>>
>>63147010
The one where Han say he used the marriage as cover for a heist? Doesn't mean he didn't fuck her
>>
>>63147077

I think so. The 'wife' also admitted it was a sham. Finn is too dark to be half black.
>>
>>63147117
Doesn't matter Star Wars is just another vehicle for Disney/Marvel to push their politically correct agenda.

They cater to tumblr and feminists now, Finn is going to be Han's kid mark my words.
>>
>>63145484

What? The plot is ABOUT stealing the Death Star plans. It takes place right before Episode 4.
>>
>>63145611

He's going to be a supporting character, but you just know he's gonna steal every scene he's in.
>>
>>63147283
yes, just like in Blade 2
>>
File: 1331613144443.gif (995 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
1331613144443.gif
995 KB, 500x271
>>63141684
They're going to play it so safe with this by aping New Hope that it'll be just pointless to give a shit about the movie.
>>
Why can't they make proper posters? They literally just throw as many characters as they can fit there and say "done".
>>
It's going to be the highest-grossing film in history by FAR, as a Disney shareholder that's all I really care about. But there is not a chance in hell that I'm going to see it.
>>
>>63141698
The difference with this and the prequels is that Lucas had limits. He needed to fit the story to make sense with OT. With Abrams, no limits. He can make the story about literally anything he wants.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.