[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this scene?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (201 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
201 KB, 500x280
What was the point of this scene?
>>
>>63139843
potential themepark ride add.
>>
Because DUDE LSD LMAO.

One of my favorite parts in the movie as once they leave the boat Willy just acts like nothing happened.
>>
>>63139843
TO HAUNT MY FUCKING NIGHTMARES FOR WEEKS
>>
>>63139843

to make sure the parents can trust leaving their kids alone with this man to learn the tricks of the industry
>>
I forgot what a psychopath Willy Wonka is in this film
>>
>>63139966
>Forgot
>Let a fatty fall into a pool of chocolate he could have drowned in
>Has the insanely tempting Fizzy Lifting Drinks next to STEEL FANS
>Doesn't give a fuck that Veruca fell into a garbage chute
Willy is insane, and realistically it's scary to think that Charlie is going to be molded by him as a successor. Of course you're not supposed to treat the film that seriously as it is more of a fairy tale in nature.
>>
>>63140176
>it was all traps and its just modern hanzel and grettle.
>>
>>63140262
Eh just more of a whimsical story for kids that teaches them a lesson.

>Don't be a brat
>Don't eat things people warn you not to eat
>Don't be a pig
>Don't play with dangerous things
>Don't be a lying little shit
>>
The point... of the scene? Do the audience knows that not everything is what it seems; That Willy is possibly a dangerous wizard or villain.

The point of the boat ride is rather obvious from the perspective of Wonka, as we know him in the finale of the film.
>>
>>63140492
>fly into fanblades
>oh boy i bet he learned his lesson
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 144x144
>>63140565
#you got wonk'd
>>
>>63140534
But everything is exactly as it seems. There literally are no twists or unexpected turns in the story.
>>
>>63139843
To scare children.
>>
It was actually a portal to hell, he was trying to show the children what to expect if they kept to their wicked ways.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.