[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe an AMC/HBO/Netflix Original series you'd want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16
File: Samurai.jpg (155 KB, 437x581) Image search: [Google]
Samurai.jpg
155 KB, 437x581
Describe an AMC/HBO/Netflix Original series you'd want to see, but will never get made.

>tfw there will never be a long-running series following a wandering samurai seeking revenge for his family's murder while also trying to keep from becoming what he seeks to destroy
>>
>>63138302
Grim Reapers have to deal with atheists and nihilists in a modern world.

The recently dead would be in denial of the afterlife, god, the devil and the reapers themselves who have to sort out all the paperwork, so the atheists make the reapers job very difficult.
>>
Lesbian incest love story between a famous actress and her daughter...its a sitcom
>>
>>63138302
The Wire but everyone is played by Josh Gad.
>>
A police detective show about a aged but clever lieutenant who smokes cigars
>>
Moon Knight

I don't think that's asking for the world
>>
>>63138302
The Visigoths
culminating in the sacking of Rome
>>
Apparently there was an HBO show that was cancelled in the middle of the air of the pilot episode but there's no evidence to support that it actually existed.
>>
File: 3232.jpg (17 KB, 181x278) Image search: [Google]
3232.jpg
17 KB, 181x278
HBO series based on the comic book Animal Man (Grant Morrison's arc specially)

Starring Ryan Gosling as Animal Man.

For those unfamiliar with it, it basically starts as a regular hero comic, Animal Man can absorb the abilities of animals around him for a period of time, things go normal until he starts to realize that there is a greater hand controlling his life, he becomes aware that he is a fictional character inside a comic book and goes insane, everything he loves, his wife and daughter, his heroic actions, are all a lie.
>>
>>63138302
Star Wars HBO
>>
a Gunnm series
>>
An HBO show about people who make HBO shows
>>
HBO epic about the Byzantine empire
>>
crusades show, shot entirely in period appropriate language with Gibson directing most episodes

that or one about the us civil war
>>
Actually accurate adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire..
>>
>>63138615
I would watch it. The final episode is the team making a show about people who make HBO shows. In the last moment the crew sits down to watch the first episode air, we hear the PSSTT AAAAHHHHHHH and the screen goes black.
>>
>>63138642
>most episodes

Fuck that, you cant give me a boner and then say that. Mel directs EVERYTHING.
>>
>>63138661
Because we're missing out on such a well written series
>>
HBO series based on Arthurian legend
>>
>>63138302
A remake of the old miniseries Shogun, based on the book of the same name by James Clavell
>>
>>63138401
>>63138401

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Like_Me
>>
>>63138302

A big budget fantasy series based on the old Greek myths, with all the rape, murder, incest, bestiality, rape, blood orgies, pillaging, rape, and godly fuckery left intact. The Olympians would be the main characters and each season we would see the stories of mortals like Theseus, Perseus, Orpheus, Jason, and Heracles play out through the gods' interactions with them. The Iliad and The Odyssey would make up the final two seasons.
>>
WW2 eastern front BoB style series on HBO.

With the least amount of propaganda acceptable.
>>
>>63138744
Would watch
>>
>>63138577
A Hungarian television network already made it back in '05.
>>
>>63138732
yeah like that - but better
>>
File: id_2_by_roen911-d669cxj.jpg (206 KB, 1600x832) Image search: [Google]
id_2_by_roen911-d669cxj.jpg
206 KB, 1600x832
>>63138302
A Lovecraftian esque adventure miniseries centered around a small cast.

>>63138774
This too.
>>
Something similar or based on the Addams Family.

I need their black comedy back in my life.
>>
Ender's Game miniseries that alternates between the perspectives of Ender and Bean. The slow-burn of the books would work great in series form as opposed to a shitty PG-13 action movie.
>>
Johnny Got His Gun: The Series

Basically the basic concept of the Trumbo novel (set in the present day) but filtered through the eyes of The Singing Detective. Each season is the main character's (a soldier who lost his arms and legs and his face is blown off so that he's blind, deaf, mute while fighting in Iraq) fantasy world, he constructs in his head to cope with his hellish fate. Intertwined is the people in the real world, who would include the guy's wife, his kids, his parents and friends and various friends from the military, fighting over whether or not to pull the plug on him and let him die or keep him alive in such a hellish fate.

Walt Goggins as the maimed/disfigured soldier

Cast would be a mix of the folks from Justified and The Shield with the gimmick being that the people in the main character's fantasies would be based upon the people in the real world in terms of cast playing two roles.
>>
File: n8MXHhn.jpg (664 KB, 3067x1944) Image search: [Google]
n8MXHhn.jpg
664 KB, 3067x1944
This... Just don't call it True Detective.

Both Actresses get fully naked ALOT!
>>
>>63138983
That actually sounds neat.

I assume each season would be a different genre (one would be a noir detective send-up, the second would be fantasy shit, the third sci-fi etc)?
>>
>>63138983
>Trumbo
>anything by that hypocritical fascist communist libtard
>>
Director: Paul Haggis.

Writers:David Simon, William Zorzi, Lisa Belkin
>>
>>63138302
you kind just described Into the Badlands on AMC, but that's more Kung Fu then Samurai
>>
>>63139164
JGHG is pretty red pill about the horrors of war, which is why it was banned and you get shit like All Quite On The Western Front pushed instead in schools.

True story; in college, back around 2003, I had a super-liberal history teacher that assigned us a huge reading list of WW1 related books that we had to read for the class. Johny Got His Gun was not on the list and when I asked him, he basically said that it was way too disturbing, in his opinion to ask students to read.
>>
A Star Wars miniseries based off the X-wing novels. Minus Mercy Kill because it's too far removed from the original books.
>>
>>63139349
I was mostly joking about how based Trumbo reported fascists who thought JGHG was in support of Nazi Germany to the FBI
>>
>>63139211
Was recently made into a movie though; with Jeremy Renner as Gary Webb

>>63139164
JGHG is arguably the one decent thing that Trumbo wrote, which is funny as Trumbo spent the bulk of his career burying the book until the last decade of his life, when he embraced it after the Vietnam War happened and he stopped getting movie work in Hollywood.

In a lot of ways, it was the closest the real world got to the fictional "The King In Yellow"; a blasphemous book with sanity shattering truths that was suppressed and yet, had a cult following based around it (in terms of the anti-war movement and how they treated it).
>>
>>63139453
>Roman Holiday
>Spartacus
>30 Minutes Over Tokyo
>>
A police sketch artist is a serial killer in disguise. Preying on the mentally ill and in-credible of society, he makes calculated kills for his own pleasure.

To tie the bow on the box, anyone that happens to witness the scene, he makes the wrong sketch for. Promptly, he kills them the following evening.

His system works out until the beginning of the series, where he has to face a bunch of challenges, including, but not limited to: a victim surviving his killings, the mob wanting to use both of his services, and getting fired and having to deal with the urge to kill

Keep in mind, he truly is evil, so it's not completely the same vein as Dexter's "righteous murder"
>>
A sitcom starring Johnny Sequoyah as a young girl with daddy issues living with her foster father Michael Raymond-James who is a pedophile trying not to act on his urges.
>>
>>63138724

Came to post this
Doesnt even have to be king arthur, just a knight show that captures the tone of chivalric myths
>Percival's arc
>Gawain
>Tristram and Iseult arc
An Arthurian show based on the Bernard Cornwell books would be dank too
>>
File: Tor_Complete_MBotF_ebook_2014.jpg (181 KB, 658x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tor_Complete_MBotF_ebook_2014.jpg
181 KB, 658x1000
An adaptation of the full story of the entire series. Will last as many seasons as it takes to adapt the whole thing. Minor liberties may be taken in the way certain developments are structured, but besides that it will be very faithful.

Directed by Ridley Scott, Martin Scorsese, Guillermo del Toro, Denis Villeneuve, or Danny Boyle.

Starring unknown yet talented actors (Star Wars style) because no one in the A list is a good fit.

Will never happen because you would need to shit money all over the VFX department to do justice to the crazy shit that happens in this book. This is a book where mansions rise from the earth, giant hooves fall from the sky, titans fight dragons using magic, it's insane. I'm talking Avatar money, each year, until it's done, and that's way to much for an adaptation of a cult fantasy series. Nobody would have the balls to take that kind of risk.
>>
>>63138577
I would watch the shit out of it.
>>
File: The Book of the New Sun.gif (75 KB, 303x475) Image search: [Google]
The Book of the New Sun.gif
75 KB, 303x475
>>63140250
That book series is fucking trash. If you thought ASOIAF was terrible..

There's much more ambitious fantasy out there.
>>
File: 51BfkOrnOJL.jpg (46 KB, 304x500) Image search: [Google]
51BfkOrnOJL.jpg
46 KB, 304x500
Napoleonic wars with Dragons
>>
>>63140302
It's actually fucking magnificent, but whatever floats your boat.

I'll give Wolfe another spin when I feel like I can handle the avant-garde shit.
>>
File: severian and the undine.jpg (953 KB, 900x1120) Image search: [Google]
severian and the undine.jpg
953 KB, 900x1120
>>63140302
I don't trust any director currently working to adapt BOTNS, except maybe Malick.
>>
File: 1369712627856.gif (808 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
1369712627856.gif
808 KB, 207x207
>>63140339
>written by a women
>>
File: cover_145271.jpg (90 KB, 510x680) Image search: [Google]
cover_145271.jpg
90 KB, 510x680
Eric Flint's 1632 series.
>>
>>63138577
I'd watch it. I'm thinking I might have to read the comics now, since I'm a sucker for meta shit.

>tv miniseries based on John Scalzi's Redshirts, switching between recreations of the original Star Trek aesthetic and standard camerawork
>>
>>63140386
You just need cinematographer that can do work while heavily drugged to disguise the world.
>>
>>63138724

This. Why the fuck hasn't a network done this already? It would be great. There's already a ton of folklore, and they could just follow whatever stories they felt like.

Similarly, a Robin Hood series based on the old songs and stories would be cool, too.
>>
File: 1436814571807.jpg (15 KB, 217x243) Image search: [Google]
1436814571807.jpg
15 KB, 217x243
>>63140411
yes, and?
>>
>>63138302

HBO adaptation of A Series of Unfortunate Events. (Animated) Each installment is 2 hours in length (Extra 30 minutes added for the later ones)
>>
The Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons

Especially the first two books and the pilgrim's tales
>>
>>63138531
Theres been rumors though...
>>
HBO epic about Hernan Cortes

David Simons CIA show
>>
>>63140508

Cu ckflix is doing that. It'll probably be shit though
>>
>>63140591
Won't be animated though.
>>
Three episode miniseries about the Siege of Khartoum
>>
>>63138302
weebs should be gassed
>>
>>63138809
>when mods cant ban plebs
>>
>>63140629
Why? We already know what happens... Whats the fuckin point?
>>
A mini series based on a recluse skinny fat 20 year old that cant leave his computer and has an obsession with child actors and has a plethora amount of pics saved so he can post them with the same caption everyday just to get some replies he was aching for
>>
>>63140790

Get someone to narrate and I'd watch it.
>>
>>63140807
Mr. Robot/Fight Club style?

I'd watch that.
>>
>>63138449
I feel like I know who you have in mind for the cast
>>
A Fallout™ series. Exploring the lore before the war and how it all went to shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyJbSxpjrf8
>>
>>63138302
The Dune series on HBO, 10 hour-long episodes per book.
>>
Dune, done correctly. It'll never happen =(
>>
>>63138302
It's a drama where nothing important happens until the last five minutes of the episode with just enough sex and violence to keep viewers engaged.
>>
File: Sheeanaandworm.jpg (19 KB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
Sheeanaandworm.jpg
19 KB, 438x363
>>63141078
>>63141086
noice
>>
war character drama like Band of Brothers/The Pacific but set in the 0079 gundam universe or something similar
>>
>>63141086

It already had 2 mini series and it was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdsTABz2PaM
>>
Minisseries by Jose Padilha (Narcos) centered on the geopolitics of the middle from the Cold War to today.
>>
A live-action, dark and brutal cyberpunk/martial-arts show about underground fighting tournaments interwoven with political intrigue in a far future dystopian city-planet. Think Fight Club meets Street Fighter meets Man in the High Castle with elements of Ghost in the Shell or Pyscho-Pass, and set in an endless metropolis ruled by an elite aristocracy.

The fighters, who make use of cybernetic enhancements and various biotech, are the last vestige of what we would call warriors, surrounded by a weak, docile populance conditioned to not show strength or aggression and kept in line by a merciless and militarized police state. The "heroes" of the story would include characters from many different parts of society, including fighters and the elites. The vast metropolis would also be explored and include very strange, unique sectors.
>>
>>63141462
I like this fám. Sounds pretty promising
>>
>>63141462
sounds like the protomen.
>>
>>63140549
There is one, and it's called The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
>>
>>63141462
James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez are set to do that in a couple decades, m8
>>
>>63140302
Fuck you
>>
>>63141462
Fuck man, you really know how to do an elevator pitch. Write a pilot bro.
>>
>>63140488
Don't bother this board got infested with gamer gate losers from /v/.
>>
>>63140302
>>63140386
Has anyone read the sequel series', Long Sun and Short Sun?
>>
>>63141462
Shadowrun without the magic
>>
>>63140250
Where do i give money to your production studio?
>>
>>63138689
It would be worth it just to see Jaime follow the same arc he does in the books.
>>
>>63142611
Goddamn his character arc got absolutely shat on in the series.

Raped Cersei jesus christ that's not how book Jamie rolls.
Dude could pass for Ed Stark in the books if you couldn't see him.
>>
>>63141462
Had me until you mentioned Psycho-Pass.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.