[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'm probably late to this but by episode 8 I started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
I know I'm probably late to this but by episode 8 I started getting thrown off by things, then it ends like pic related.

Was Hitler the man in the High Castle? How did the AZN man time travel? What the fuck was that entire episode with that ending?

PLEASE EXPLAIN
>>
come on /tv/, how the fuck did he go to another universe by sitting on a bench and closing his eyes real tight
>>
>>63138193
just turn off your brain bruh
>>
File: 1434836205074.png (115 KB, 357x345) Image search: [Google]
1434836205074.png
115 KB, 357x345
>>63138193
Is that supposed to be our universe? Fuck, I knew the show was going to do that.
>>
>>63138310
I'll give you a hint: Philip K. Dick had a gnostic experience that led him to believe that our reality is some kind of elaborate fiction, game, or illusion. That theme figures in a lot of his fiction.
>>
>>63138502
so am I in the Berenstein or Berenstain universe?
>>
File: geeze.png (4 KB, 157x163) Image search: [Google]
geeze.png
4 KB, 157x163
>>63138193
Was Hitler the man in the High Castle?
Looks that way.

>How did the AZN man time travel?
He didn't time travel. He's still in 1962, just a different universe. Probably our one
>>
>>63138193
The ad with Ronald Reagan is a nice touch.
>>
>>63138193
Hitler was the man in the high castle. He used the films of the alternate realities to determine what strategies might work best (or not work at all). He manipulated the resistance into finding more films by giving them small victories or freeing prisoners, etc.

How the Trade Minister was able to jump universes, I have no clue. But, I think it was the fact that he had that heart necklace - one of the few pieces of NEW art in his reality - that I think is the catalyst. Remember, new art is heavily restricted.
>>
>>63138971
okay

but how did the films end up in their universe? never once did the show hint at supernatural phenomena occurring, and it really feels like some bullshit duex ex machina baloney. and azn man jumping universes didn't help.

I would have appreciated a more subtle ending that could have still referenced the films coming from other universes, not sitting on a bench and trying to shit into one.
>>
>>63139356
That's a great question, and you're right. The show doesn't even give any hint (that I remember) about how the films ended up in the universe. At least addressing it would have been helpful.
>>
>>63139458
Juliana's sister has been seen around and "felt" alve by her mother. It seems she was able to move to a world in which the Allies won (possibly the same world Tagomi went to at the end) and got the film somehow.

The film in which San Francisco is nuked must come from another universe we haven't seen.
>>
>>63139615
Holy shit, hadn't thought about that. You're right. The mother is very insistent that Trudy is alive.

Maybe Trudy is traveling the multiverse, and gathering the films?
>>
Also I have a feeling that in effect, the world in the series and the one in which San Francisco was nuked are not real but just elaborate illusions as someone said.

Characters who say the world or themselves are fake:
-Juliana
-The freaking Japanese Prince
-Tagomi's assistant insinuates something of the sort.
>>
>>63139356
There are other people who jump universes (the assistant from Hiroshima with burns) so maybe someone brings the films. There are also more dimensions like the nuke in San Francisco.
>>
File: fire everything will be.png (660 KB, 698x840) Image search: [Google]
fire everything will be.png
660 KB, 698x840
>>63138502
>>63138502
He did a hell of a lot of drugs though.
>>
File: 75031.jpg (75 KB, 331x506) Image search: [Google]
75031.jpg
75 KB, 331x506
I'm not really gonna read anything in here to avoid spoilers but Jesus Christ did they miscast Marshal. I could get past most of it, Frank's sheer retardation that led to the death of his sister and children , the lack of Smith, the predictability of Joe x Julianna , and the overall poor acting in some bits.

But Marshal. I get he is a fookin legend but no man, that was bad.
>>
"The tapes show the world not the way it could have been, but the way it is"
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.