[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/'s impression of the Hunger Games? I thoroughly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: Glimmer-training-center1.jpg (64 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
Glimmer-training-center1.jpg
64 KB, 500x594
What's /tv/'s impression of the Hunger Games? I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, so much that I read the books. I felt like all the film sequels paled in comparison to the first movie.
>>
>>63133145

I have not seen the new one.

My order though is

2 > 1 > 3

The squeal did a lot of things better than the first to be totally honest.
>>
prim dies
>>
File: 1448518332565.jpg (42 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1448518332565.jpg
42 KB, 600x450
>>63133145
>mfw thats the only one I saw
>>
>>63133621
Same it's for kids
>>
>>63133573
Haven't seen the new one? I never saw 3 but 4 was breddy gud. I figured 3 would blow since they pulled a Hobbit with the book and I don't remember the first half of the book being remotely interesting
>>
>>63133145
I've only seen the first movie but it felt like Twilight.
>>
>>63133145
First movie was average
Second was okay
Third was okay
Fourth was hot garbage. I do not understand how such a dramatic drop in quality occurred.
>>
only saw the first one, didn't like it much because lack of blood,and shaky camerawork in the actual hunger games sequences that pulled me out of the flick. i get what they were going for, but it irritated me. also there's plenty other flicks that have the same basic premise but do it much better
>>
>>63133145
Hated the first one, the abysmal camerawork made it completely unwatchable. I liked the second one though, a lot of the tributes had personality that I really loved. Jena Mallone, Jeffrey Wright, and that hunky spearmen were all really cool and made all the tribs from the first movie look boring.
>>
>lets make a movie about a bunch of kids who try to murder eachother
>okay
>BUT LETS MAKE IT PG-13

literally fucking killed the movie
>>
>>63133746
Yeah there was a lot of romance. That's the downside of a female author. The rest of the plot was engrossing enough desu. Too bad the romance shit was 70% of the other movies/books
>>
The characters are a bit boring
>>
>>63133949
I would be okay with the romance if Katpiss and Gail were actually interesting. The series has other interesting characters like Haymitch and Finnick, and they should be the focus. I remember watching the third flick when Finnick does the propaganda video and thinking "damn this guy has charm, why the fuck isn't this guy leading your revolution?"
>>
First one is decent.

Second one is stupid.

Third one is fucking awful.

Fourth one is great. One of the best movies I've seen this year.
>>
only the first one was decent because it was rip off a good movie
>>
>>63134141
>dat forced romance tho
Seriously, girls who aren't fighting for their lives have little time for this bullshit.
Also, the guy is a cowardly bitch.
>>
File: hunger games ass lift.gif (998 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
hunger games ass lift.gif
998 KB, 245x170
only saw the first one so far, but read all the books
want to see the others for Jena Malone
>>
>>63133145

seemed like a cool concept wasted with teenage angst bullshit.

And i dont give a shit if it ripped off battle royal
>>
I never understood how the kids could be so engrossed in murdering each other when they were all inevitably going to get killed themselves. Were they all massive sociopaths in collective denial over their own death sentences?

It's weird, it seems like such a great concept for a compelling psychological thriller, yet it's used for a watered down YA romance shlock.
>>
>>63135666
Are you going to sit and wait to be murdered?

As a kid?

If you run, you have a shot at lasting long enough to maybe have everyone else be too weak to kill you.

If you fight? Well at least if you die, it isn't of starvation. Besides its pretty hard to reason with the other victors when 2 of the strongest Districts train their kids from birth to kill the others out of a sense of nationalism.
>>
>>63135666
>Try and kill others
Or
>Wait for them to get sponsors or deadly traps to activate just to gurantee one of you dies
>>
>>63133145
SHIT

THIS LATEST ONE IS UNDERPERFORMING HARD

JLAW IS FINISHED
>>
>>63138527
>over 100 million opening weekend
>underperforming
>>
>>63138557
LOWEST OPENING WEEKEND GROSS OF ALL THE HG MOVIES, FACTORING IN 2015 INFLATION MAKES IT THAT MUCH WORSE

FOR THE FINALE OF THE SERIES WHERE EVERYTHING HAS BUILT UP FOR THIS LAST MOVIE, ITS BOMBING BB :^)
>>
Battle Royale > The Hunger Games
>>
>>63138705

>underperforming
>bombing

Two different things m8.
>>
I wish they kept the screenwriters of Catching Fire to co-write the last two movies. Prim could've been fleshed more to show the more human side of Katniss (maybe they'd have some sisterly talk or some shit) so the pay-off of the Big Climax would've been more of a kick to the audience...but they didn't do it.

At least we had Kim Il-Sutherland.
>>
>>63134745
To be fair, this forced romance has been built up over three other movies. I think it's forgivable. Also, Peeta's arc was genuinely interesting.
>>
>>63139893
>Peeta's arc

LE ROCK FACE.JPG
>>
First movie was pretty good until they actually got to the Hunger Games, which were ruined by shaky cam and bad editing because I guess they thought they were making a movie for children at that point and couldn't show any violence.

Catching Fire was pretty good too, added in some decent side characters and while it was repetitive to just do the Hunger Games AGAIN at least we got some proper action this time.

Mockingjay part 1 has a couple of good scenes, but it's almost entirely filler. Part 2 is pretty good, but it still would have been better as just one movie.
>>
>>63138705
maybe because it was never fucking advertised
>>
They were okay. I really think they should be appreciated for the extraordinary costuming and set design, though.
>>
>>63133865
>abysmal camerawork

This is part of what killed the first one for me, too. That, and the seriously rushed pace of the film. I basically tried as hard as possible to fit in every detail from the book without actually taking the time to built emotional impact for anything. Like Rue's death; that happened what, two minutes after her and Katniss actually met? And people were supposed to care? I don't really get why people who didn't read the book thought it was good, I would have thought it was a mess.

The second movie was much better, the third one was okay, and the fourth is okay, too. Three and four would have been better as one movie, since they both have tons of filler (they're kind of the opposite of the first movie in that regard).
>>
>>63140020
More like Lionsgate advertised it TOO MUCH. Same goes with Part 1. It's as if Lionsgate couldn't decide which footage is special enough as THE TRAILER, so "heck with it, ALL OF THEM."

Methinks they could've just have the footage where Katniss's return to District 12 with Lorde humming [https://youtu.be/t6srDbQqlss] as the only trailer other than the "Capitol TV" clips amd just let the word-of-mouth from fans do the trick.
>>
>>63140593
...I mean as the ONLY trailers for the first part, of course.
>>
>>63140593
Yes, because you know more about advertising than a multi billion dollar company on their hundreds of millions dollar investment.
>>
Ratings are: 2>3 2/2>1>Literal dog shit>3 1/2
>>
First one is the only good one.
The others are desperate cash grabs, especially Mockingjay Part 2.
>>
Hated it.

Just another franchise made for teen girls.
>>
Last film was okay. Don't see why people hate the ending, I understand it's the same as the books for the most part? It seemed like a pretty honest take about war and not just "lol and then we were all happily ever after"

I liked the zombie scene but also had no idea why there were zombies. Everyone just accepted them. I read some crap afterwards about mutts but it was still weirdly out of place like I was watching a different movie.
>>
>>63141185
I feel the same about the zombie sewer scene. It was a fucking excellent scene that unfortunately felt completely out of place.
>>
Haven't seen the new one. I'd go 1 >2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

I genuinely loved 1 and 2 and I went in thinking I was gonna hate them. The STRONK WOMANZ angle was reasonable and believable, the plot is creative and unique, the action was good, and it's a great movie for kids these days to have in this age of remakes and reboots. The 3rd one however felt like a little kiddie war movie. It felt so amateurish and pathetic. It should've felt like Roman territories rebelling against Rome and instead felt like a bunch of kids in a neighborhood going back and forth
>>
I like that the kids used weapons appropriate to their districts, like Finnick with a trident since he's from a fishing district and Johanna with an axe since she's from a lumber district. Felt like Katniss with a bow became pretty convoluted in a world with guns, though.

Also, I find it hard to believe that the Capitol would entrust an entire district with nuclear resources, send their kids to die every year, and not expect them to build a nuke.
>>
babbies first dystopia
>>
Honesty for me it's 2>3>1
I actually dislike the first one after multiple viewings; 2 was interesting and 3 was aight
>>
>>63141344
I felt like it was partly that Katniss using a bow was symbolic and inspiring, most obviously in the video segments. Katniss also probably just didn't want to be trained with guns either. It's not like she's a real soldier anyways, her value is in being a symbol.
>>
>>63133145
Would rather we got nudes from this one instead of JLaw, desu
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.