[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force Awakens Writer: 'Star Wars Is Its Own Genre'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 23
File: 1447297392286.jpg (131 KB, 485x458) Image search: [Google]
1447297392286.jpg
131 KB, 485x458
http://me.ign.com/en/movies/113576/news/force-awakens-writer-star-wars-is-its-own-genre

>According to Star Wars: The Force Awakens writer Lawrence Kasdan, Lucasfilm's beloved film franchise can't be categorized as either sci-fi or fantasy.

>"Star Wars is its own genre," Kasdan told Wired in a recent interview. "It's not really science fiction. It's really something on its own, fantasy and myth and science fiction and Flash Gordon and Akira Kurosawa all mixed up together.... It can be anything you want it to be."

>Kasdan also took a minute to discuss Jedi lore, saying he believes the powerful Force-wielders aren't merely emotionless soldiers, but rather individuals who are "dangerous and engaged and feeling and empathetic and generous and brave." He also went so far as to say "Ben Kenobi is the ultimate Jedi."

The Prequels are going to be rendered non-canon at this rate.
>>
>>63132660
>He also went so far as to say "Ben Kenobi is the ultimate Jedi."

What is Yoda? Chopped liver?
>>
>>63132660
> fantasy and myth and science fiction and Flash Gordon and Akira Kurosawa all mixed up together....
So literally space opera?
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>63132660
>The Prequels are going to be rendered non-canon at this rate

GOOD!!!!!!
>>
You really have not heard the prequels mentioned at all. I think there are some cool things from the prequels. Worlds I'd love to see explored again. Like Kamino, or Kashyyk. Coruscant has a good chance of appearing in the new trilogy, or maybe Rogue One.
>>
>we'll say anything to get you to see this movie!!
>>
>>63132660
everything after ESB is non-canon m8
>>
>>63132726
Name one Sith kill that little bitch ever got
>>
File: Ming-the-Merciless.jpg (39 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Ming-the-Merciless.jpg
39 KB, 300x400
But Flash Gordon came out AFTER Star Wars?
>>
>>63132726
Are they gonna retcon Yoda as a Force Teacher
>>
Star Wars Canon:
-Star Wars
-The Empire Strikes Back
-Return of the Jedi (no Endor scenes edit)
-Star Wars: Battlefront
-The Force Awakens
>>
>>63133487
Was there actually anything wrong with what was established in the prequels?
>>
>>63134492
No but its safer to ignore them if we want the max amount of money we can get from manchildren
>>
>>63134492
Tis the season for treason
>>
>>63134492
It's best to imagine the prequels as nothing more than text on an opening scrawl and try to forget the actual presentation
>>
>>63132924
Max von Sydow as Emperor Ming is God-fier castig m8.
>>
>>63134492
There are a lot of weird tonal inconsistencies. It helps to just ignore them.
>>
>>63134536
How retarded can you get. To max out profits u keep prequels and sell clone wars merch. They would lose profits of the kids who grew up on the prequels
>>
there was a magazine article recently that had a 'canon' star map on it and it listed rakata prime.
>>
>>63134492
The "clone wars" are really just one rather brief war.
Leia's mom dies in childbirth even though Leia has childhood memories of her mother.
The Jedi Order is thriving and powerful, but will somehow become a nearly forgotten "hokey religion" within 30 years.
Darth Vader, the ultimate badass, is a whiny, easily manipulated, schmuck.
He also built C-3PO but doesn't recognize the droid a couple of decades later.
Chewbacca knows Yoda but doesn't say anything about it in the original trilogy.
I'm sure there are more, that's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>63132924
Flash Gordon's been on film since the 1930s.
>>
>>63132850
I like ROTJ alright but honestly nothing touches empire
>>
>>63134492
Jar-Jar.
>>
>>63134492
redditlettermedia told me they are bad so they are bad
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 350x262
>>63132660
He's right. They're not even movies, they're poetry.
>>
>>63134891
No they told WHY they're bad. If you disagree you're just ignoring bad quality.
>>
>>63132917
Name one Jedi whose ideal world doesn't consist of them not fighting and killing Sith.
>>
File: 1448175583493.jpg (36 KB, 309x331) Image search: [Google]
1448175583493.jpg
36 KB, 309x331
>>63134716
>Yoda being part of a creepy cult council which was just an extension of the galactic Republic, leading fucking armies and giving shit advice before going into exile instead of chilling on his HOME dagobah for 800 years waiting for potential jedi to make the journey over there to learn about the force (he also doesn't own or ever advocate weaponry of any kind)
>Anakin constantly contradicting and whining about Obi-Wan instead of acting like a "good friend"
>Anakin slaughtering a room full of defenseless children because he thinks it might save his wife
>the force as a biological attribute with a numerical value instead being a mystical ally you use by doing yoga and concentrating
>every bad guy is called Darth for some dumbass reason when that was clearly meant to be Vader's first name

Yes there are countless more retcons and contradictions but those are the ones that especially bother me
>>
>>63134716
>He also built C-3PO but doesn't recognize the droid a couple of decades later.
That's not the stupid part of it.
Of course he doesn't recognize C-3PO. There's like five billion droids that look exactly like him, with the exact same functions.
And do you think little Annie went to the big important City Council, ask the nice desk clerk to check if "C-3PO" was a good name that isn't already registered to five million copies, and then got a pat on his head and a lolipop?
There's ought to be a lot of C-3POs out there.

What is retarded about it, is that this kid built a freaking PROTOCOL DROID to help her mom KEEP THE HOUSE CLEAN.
That gold plated asshole doesn't even know how to walk properly, and there were probably bazillion parts for those flat headed engineer droids that would be awesome to clean a house up, since the entire city is infested with them, with the big Pod Racing tournaments going.
But no, little Annie somehow manages to only find scrapped parts for fucking diplomat droids. On TATOOINE.
It's so fucking wrong on so many levels, that it's spectacular.
It's like exquisite pottery from Ancient Greece depicting a flacid penis.
>>
>>63135369
lol
that's a good point
>>
Fuck them for claiming the EU is non-canon. they don't have that right, I don't care who bought what.
>>
>>63135465
I have bad news mate.
The EU was NEVER Canon.
There was always like 5 different levels of Canon, and 90% of what we call the EU was in "Shit Lucas never bothered to look at, so it's just fan fiction with a nice golden sticker in the shape of a sheriff's badge." category of it.
>>
>>63135042
>>every bad guy is called Darth for some dumbass reason when that was clearly meant to be Vader's first name

What.
>>
File: darth vadurr.png (104 KB, 261x297) Image search: [Google]
darth vadurr.png
104 KB, 261x297
>>63135042
>>every bad guy is called Darth for some dumbass reason when that was clearly meant to be Vader's first name
that makes me wonder, what was the second character to be named Darth? who established this bullshit?
>>
>>63132756

Was literally about to post this.
>>
>>63135571
Different Anon, but it's true.
Do you even recall anyone being called Darth in the OT outside of Vader?
Sheev never got that monicker, and Obi-Wan specifically called Vader "Darth".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZD1f9RTEJU
Would sound silly, if that was like his title, no? It would be like if Darth Vader's name was "Lord Vader", and Obi-Wan said "Only a master of evil, Lord". Just doesn't fit the tone.

>>63135736
I'm pretty sure it was Sheev who got that name in one of the early novels, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>63135780

What do they call Sheev in the OT? Just 'Sidious'? 'The Emperor'?
>>
>>63135843
I'm pretty sure he's only ever referred to as The Emperor, or "Master" (by Vader of course).
The name Palpatine MIGHT have been mentioned, but I don't think so. Hard to remember the evolution of the canon.
>>
>>63135736
darth sheev
>>
>>63135736
That's a good question. Cause I remember evil bad asses like Exar Kun and Freedon Nadd in the 90s and then suddenly everyone was Darth So-in-so.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 449x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 449x499
>>63132660
Star Wars is science fiction
>>
>>63134492

All Jedi dress as moisture farmers.

The Clone Wars was one war and was over very shortly.

Ben didn't rig together an improvised training thing for Luke, he was literally carrying around an old Jedi training drone for years.

Yoda isn't really a special teacher or guru, he goes around fighting, operating on a council, gives bad advice and swings a lightsaber and flips around.

Midichlorians. Just everything about them.

Anakin and Obi-Wan never really being "good friends".

There were literally thousands of Jedi running around and yet about twenty years later they're entirely forgotten (though I will say, this is possibly due more now to the prequels but thanks to Lucas changing his mind about Vader being Luke's father and yet only discovering his existence, which basically meant the fall of the Jedi would've had to coincide around the same time as Luke's birth)

All Sith carry red lightsabers despite Sheev pouring scorn on them as a Jedi weapon and
Vader already having been a fallen Jedi.

Oh, and all Sith are now called Darth when that was intended to be Vader's first name.

Speaking of, Vader's personality is completely unrecognisable as Anakin and makes no sense as to how this guy became the other.

That's just off the top off my head.
>>
File: reverse chelsea peretti.png (189 KB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
reverse chelsea peretti.png
189 KB, 640x272
>>63135977
It's fantasy.
>>
>>63135843
>>63135881

He's never called Palpatine in the OT. He's only the Emperor.

But the name Palpatine definitely existed before TPM. I'm not sure but I think it was used for the Emperor in one of the movie novels penned by Lucas.
>>
>>63135977
Far more fantasy than sci-fi
>>
>>63132660
Well Ben Kenobi did beat Anakin Skywalker at Skywalkers prime.
>>
>>63133303
So what he was orginally int he first place? He was never meant to wield a lightsaber nor was Sheev. Yoda was only a teacher of the force and Sheev was a master of the force who needed no tool of the jedi to best his enemies since he was powerful with the force.
>>
>>63135977
>>63136149
>>63136281
I thought it was a narrative.
>>
>>63135042
>weird tonal inconsistencies, retcons and contradictions
The same can be found on the OT but i dont see anyone getting upset about those
>>
>>63136668
It turning out that the one guy we see in the Empire who can use the Force which dwarfs the power of the Death Star being a high ranking member of the Empire, and that the only person he answers to is even more powerful with the Force, makes sense, and would have been reasonable to assume since the first movie.

What other retcons can you bring up?
>>
>>63134492

Yes. Yes there was.

Google "Mr Plinkett Star Wars Phantom Menace" for a good explanation of why. He did all three though, in very thorough fashion.

Enjoy.
>>
Star Wars should be banned. This shit is just too pathetic.
>>
File: 1448501706430.png (71 KB, 230x290) Image search: [Google]
1448501706430.png
71 KB, 230x290
>>63132660
>Please, give us more attention, don't forget to buy merchandise of this special "one of a kind" franchise!

No Darth Jarjar twist, no money.
>>
>>63132726

darth vader killed the emperor

obi wan sort of killed anakin

yoda was beaten by the emperor

yoda>sheev>anakin>ben

inb4 "DARTH VADER KILLED KENOBI IN THE 4TH MOVIE" he clearly sacrificed himself and even explicitly stated "i shall became more powerful than you can imagine"
>>
>>63137115
Ah, ah! You forgot something!

Luke defeated Vader in single combat, BEFORE Vader's change of heart.
>>
>>63136777
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>63137298
I brought up two well known plot changes, and explained how they made perfect sense within what was established in the first movie, to show why these changes aren't called out about the OT's plot changes, whereas the Prequel's contradictions are actually contradictory.
>>
File: hemad.jpg.jpg (44 KB, 370x300) Image search: [Google]
hemad.jpg.jpg
44 KB, 370x300
>>63136949
>>
>>63136949
It's treason then
>>
>>63136281
>>63136149
>Far more fantasy than sci-fi

It's closer to 50/50.
>>
>>63137361
Yeah, I think I got what you were trying to get across, only you don't make any sense, because you state that the guy we see in Empire... Which implies we meet him in Empire... Which implies its Yoda. But you're clearly talking about Vader and Sheev.

So what the fuck.
>>
>>63137115
Darth Vader killed Anakin
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1300x866
>>63132660
>"Ben Kenobi is the ultimate Jedi."
Except that Ben Kenobi was completely UN-empathic until it was way too late to help. He also didn't demonstrate much in the way of feeling until the last movie, either. He was a Democratic Rationalist who ended up losing the galaxy's most powerful apprentice for the sake of a little pseudo-democracy.

Good Going, Obi!
>>
>>63137733
Oh.
Yeah.
I mean "Empire" as in THE Empire, but I see how that's misleading, sorry about that. I goofed.
>>
>>63137845
Also in addendum, I mean it like as we're watching the first two movies, the only person we see within the Empire, who can use the Force. Since well the Emperor only uses it in the last film, and nothing had a chance to retcon that movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 1456x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 1456x816
>>63132660
>individuals who are "dangerous and engaged and feeling and empathetic and generous and brave."
Uuuhhhhh, NO. That would be Sheev.
>>
>>63137845
You good.
>>
>>63137803

Intelligence is knowing Darth Vader didn't kill Anakin

Wisdom is knowing that Darth Vader did kill Anakin
>>
>>63138001
Which brings unlimited power?
>>
>>63138001
I like this more than I should. Nicely done, anon.
>>
>>63133303

making Yoda a Jedi was a retcon

Yoda taught Jedi the ways of the force, he was never himself a Jedi until the prequels. Lucas made this explicitly clear during an interview he did in the 1980s
>>
>>63135977
>about stars
>Astronomy
>fictional story
Dumb ass
>>
>>63132660
He sounds like he really knows what he's talking about. Someone ask him about hermit robes and if they are Jedi uniforms.
>>
>>63132660
>Ben Kenobi is the ultimate Jedi.
Who is Luke Skywalker?
>>
>>63132726
He's completely right my little green friend.
>>
>>63137652
Science Fantasy.
>>
>>63134716
>The Jedi Order is thriving and powerful

This is a false assumption. We see many Jedi in the prequels because much of the story takes place in a capital city where they are headquartered. 99.9% of people living in that galaxy would never meet a Jedi.
>>
Does anyone find it strange that someone on the side using illegal clones during the Clone War would refer to it as the Clone War?
>>
>>63136081
>All Jedi dress as moisture farmers.
>Oh, and all Sith are now called Darth when that was intended to be Vader's first name.

Did these exist in Star Wars before the prequels? They seem like conventions that existed in novels, games, and other works before those movies were created.
>>
>>63139982
>All Jedi dress as moisture farmers.
Yoda wore robes in V
Luke wore robes in VI
Anakin's ghost wore robes in VI
>>
>>63139920
Yeah why not the Civil war or separatist rebellion

>in the prequels the bad guys are the rebels

>in the OT the good guys are the rebels

pure ceramic
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 625x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 625x458
>>63135465
Lucasfilm declared it. Disney just owns Lucasfilm but Lucasfilm brainstorms the ideas. Lucasfilm has always owned the EU.

>they have all the right to make it no -canon
>>
File: fuckyouLucasfilm.jpg (303 KB, 679x1020) Image search: [Google]
fuckyouLucasfilm.jpg
303 KB, 679x1020
>>63139982
We see hooded cloaks and stuff that look much like Obi-wan and when Luke visited Jabba's, but Jedi from the Dark Horse comics(they got the Star wars license in the early 90s and provided a lot of images for stuff) wore all sorts of other shit as well: armor, pants and shirts, and all sorts of other goofy space shit cause space depending on the time period, what they were doing, etc.

At some point this shifted to seeing almost everyone in the same cloaks or the same moisture farmer look you're talking about in various colors like this picture, though it's much more recent.

Same with the Darth thing. One minute Sith are going by all sorts of the names and the next everyone is a Darth from that point forward. There's a fluff reason that I can't come up with off the top of my head, why it originated, was done away with, and came back, but that's only necessary because someone decided to change it in the first place.
>>
>>63134716
when do yoda and chewbacca come into contact with each other in the OT?
>>
>>63140311
When yoda is on kashyyk or however the fuck you spell it, he even calls him by name
>>
>>63139524
Wasn't it kind of implied? one of the first things Luke mentioned to Yoda when they first met in Dagobah was about how he was looking for "a great warrior".
>>
>>63140335
Oh nevermind I thought you meant the prequels, they don't in the OT. But what I think that anon is trying to get at is that maybe Han would've believed in the force a little more, having a first mate who knew a Jedi. And chewy could've told luke about yoda before his vision in ESB
>>
>>63140336
Obi-wan in Luke's vision never tells him that yoda was a great warrior, that is something Luke assumes.

A big part of the dagobah scenes is Luke learning that his assumption was incorrect
>>
>>63140397
He used to but Han was always like, 'Shut the fuck up about your old stories and help me smuggle this space coke!'

By the time the movies roll around, he's long since given up trying.
>>
>>63140397
>implying that chimp saw the bigger picture
>thinking chewie talks about his clone wars days
>>
>>63132726
>gets beaten by the same sith twice
>worst mentor ever
>>
Luke isn't a jedi tbqh. He's some kid with some training.
>>
File: suzie.png (400 KB, 363x457) Image search: [Google]
suzie.png
400 KB, 363x457
>>63132660
>luke beats a sith lords ass then converts him to the way of light so he defeats the emperor
>ben wants luke to just kill them both
>luke
>not the ultimate jedi
>>
>>63141361
>Yoda says he will be a Jedi when he defeats Vader
>Beats the fuck out of Vader
>Sheev calls him a Jedi when he throws away the lightsaber
>>
>stealing a tagline from a 30 year old chinese girl cartoon
>>
>>63134492

>Was there actually anything wrong with what was established in the prequels?

Lucas didn't use the prequels to grow the universe, instead he created a feedback loop by using familiar things from the original films to inform the prequels in a sloppy haphazard way that just created a whole slew of baffling ideas that don't make any sense.

It's how you end up with shit like Jedi wear tatooine robes because Obi-wan dressed like that, or the Darth thing, or the rule of 2 because there were just 2 sith in the OT, etc... Nearly everything about the prequels was done in service of the original trilogy and as a consequence none of it ends up making any sense. Characters that have no reason to know each other do. People in the prequels have to act retarded as hell because the pretzel-twist the plot is put through to connect everything doesn't logically work. Technology, design elements, locations, etc... all are in service to essentially "hey remember this?" fan-service for the audience.

Lucas's whole 'rhyming' idea reflects this kind of thinking and it crippled the prequels which can't stand as independent films because you need to have seen the original trilogy for the prequels to make any kind of sense which is completely backwards and defeats the point of having those new movies.
>>
File: dachille.jpg (157 KB, 980x815) Image search: [Google]
dachille.jpg
157 KB, 980x815
It's a Science Fantasy Space Opera that's not afraid to mine elements from pulp to patrician sources all over, but it's a continuation of a story tradition that was established in the early 20th century at the latest.
>>
>>63132660
isnt kadsan the retard that wanted ROTJ to end with Luke putting on Vaders helmet and saying "I am Vader now"
>>
>>63141583
"now, I am the demons"
>>
>>63136949
It shouldn't be, but I wouldn't object to a separate board. With yearly movies and excitement at new heights, there should be a place here to make sense of it all, all /sw/ medium included.
>>
>>63141583
Yes.

New Star Wars is being headed by the writer of Wyatt Earp and the director of Into Darkness.
>>
File: 1276975618006.png (149 KB, 274x231) Image search: [Google]
1276975618006.png
149 KB, 274x231
>>63139524
"When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."
-Yoda to Luke RotJ
The hell is that about him not being a jedi? Where is your citation on that interview?
>>
>>63141583

He wanted there to be some kind of shocking finale to the saga, either luke turning evil and someone having to kill him, or Han Solo dying to raise the stakes, etc... Not that his ideas were great but RotJ does come off pretty flaccid compared to the other two films.
>>
>>63141583
Yes. He also wanted to kill Han.

In fairness, though, he DID write the script for ESB, so he at least mostly knows what he's doing.
>>
>>63141751

There was nothing wrong with the direction of Into Darkness, there was a million things wrong with the writing.
>>
There's no need to mention the prequels because there was no need to mention them in the OT, other than Obi Wan glossing over the war and talking about Vader.
>>
>>63141794
ROTJ would have been alot better if Han died I must say
>>
>>63141813
This, and perhaps the editing as well. Too many cooks in the kitchen, rarely have I had such a fun time in the theater yet come out of it hating it after I started thinking about what I just saw.
>>
File: 1435484640781.jpg (53 KB, 791x536) Image search: [Google]
1435484640781.jpg
53 KB, 791x536
>bitching and complaining about star wars
yet each and everyone of you will eventually see it
>>
>>63142177
i refuse to pay to watch it... i refuse
>>
>>63142177
>implying ive even seen all the prequels yet.
>>
You're completely ignoring astronomical, relativistic, and quantum effects in star wars. For a bunch of enlightened, atheist, man-children, you guys really don't understand star wars. I actually feel sorry for you guys, you think that anything that has the star wars(tm) brand name isn't Canon. You guys really have no idea that years are based on the planet you're on. Literally the first thing in star wars is"a long time ago in a galaxy far far away". How do you complete fucking idiots not understand that the rules of science change over time and space? Everything that's been shown in star wars is completely possible. Even these supposed "inconsistencies" with Canon. As a PhD in science I can honestly say star wars is a scientific historical fiction. I have watched over 9000 hours of star wars and have concluded that with the accuracy and precision of today's reasoning measurement devices, the star wars Canon, WHICH INCLUDES THE PREQUELS YOU FUCKING SHITS, is absolutely plausible.
>>
>>63135881
the name Palpatine was in the RotJ script but he was only called the Emperor on screen

they also never said Ewok in RotJ
>>
>>63132792

Good is a point of view.
>>
File: 14348460645456858.jpg (480 KB, 1024x550) Image search: [Google]
14348460645456858.jpg
480 KB, 1024x550
>>63132660

wow is it possible that these movies will be worse than the prequels? iv never considered it a possibility until now

im starting to think that the problem with star wars is that they hire people who like star wars to make the movies
>>
File: 1447302883023.gif (644 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
1447302883023.gif
644 KB, 200x183
>>63142743
>is it possible that these movies will be worse than the prequels?

Possible but highly unlikely. They will probably be less memorable though, and the memes won't be as dank.
>>
>>63134492

Almost ruining the Jedi by making them boring and their order a bunch of useless shitheads.
>>
>>63132818
Kinda hate how they're trying to pretend the prequels don't exist tb.h family.

Playing Battlefront gets stale after a while because they want nothing to do with the awesome settings, weapons, factions, and music in the prequels. The other games embraced it all and it was amazing
>>
File: 144568570677356756.jpg (606 KB, 1024x1390) Image search: [Google]
144568570677356756.jpg
606 KB, 1024x1390
>>63143055
there are literally no redeeming qualities of jedi if you take the prequels into account

btw not trying to be edgy but the emperor is the best thing to happen to the galaxy. what evil thing did he do in the OT besides kill terrorists?
>>
>>63132660
Star Wars is more than its own genre. It's also its own subject and should have its own board.

Hopefully then all you dorky man-children will fuck off.
>>
>>63143145
>what evil thing did he do in the OT besides kill terrorists?
He dissolved the senate, presumably in acid.
>>
>>63143145
Nothing. He brought peace and stability to HIS new empire.
>>
>>63143142
Wait, no CIS/Republic in the new Battlefront? What the fuck.
>>
>>63137115

yeah but emperor beat yoda

the novelization of the third movie clearly states yoda was a flawed epitome of the light that had not adapted in nearly a thousand years while Sith had changed and become more powerful
>>
>>63142983
>You're a mean one, Mr. Grievous,
>You really are a heel,
>You're as cuddly as a Chistori,
>You're as charming as Brine-eel,
>Mr. Grievous,
>You're a bad Bantha with a greasy fur peel
>>
>>63135465
The owners of the IP absolutely do have that right.
>>
>>63135529
This. Hell, so much of the EU is contradictory to itself, it was always wrong to think of it as "canon".
>>
File: 100203_press13.jpg (156 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
100203_press13.jpg
156 KB, 1200x800
>>63132818
IT'S A FUCKING TRAVESTY IS WHAT IT IS

STORM TROOPERS ARE FAGGOT SHIT

CLONES WOULD'VE MAGDUMPED HOT LAZERFIRE INTO FINN DINDU
>>
>>63135780
>Obi-Wan said "Only a master of evil, Lord". Just doesn't fit the tone.
He was mocking him, kind of like "who do you think you are"
>>
>>63140335
>however the fuck you spell it
Three y:s if you give a shit.
>>
>Prequels will never be remade to be more faithful to the concepts setup in the OT, and without the constant bullshit decisions Lucas made to ruin them
No kid Ani, no Jar Jar, no Yoda and Sheev with lightsabers, no younglings, no edgy Anakin, no C3PO and R2D2, more clones.
>>
>>63134492
Midichlorians being the key to all of this
>>
>>63136081
>Oh, and all Sith are now called Darth when that was intended to be Vader's first name.
but Darth is the Sith equivalent to Jedi Master, it's not a name but title
>>
>>63144030
>Darth is the Sith equivalent to Jedi Master

and who the fuck established this title? Pureblood Siths of the First Contact era (Naga Sadow, Ludo Kreessh etc) didn't use it, the next generation of their students (Freedon Nadd) didn't either

but somehow during Bane's establishment of the rule of two Darth is in wide usage, what the fuck?
>>
>>63135881
They never call him Palpatine in the originals. I thought it came from the prequels but apparently it was from a book or something.

Speaking of titles, "Darth" is actually barely used in the prequels. Darth Sidious gets about 2 mentions (the other times they call him "Dark Lord of the Sith" or "a sith lord). Darth Maul gets a single name drop, and Dooku is never actually called Darth Tyrannus, Jango Fett just says he was hired by a guy called Tyrannus.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.