[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man in The High Castle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: 1448573455546.jpg (320 KB, 1484x989) Image search: [Google]
1448573455546.jpg
320 KB, 1484x989
Why does this show have so many based as fuck characters? Pretty much all of the resistance are shown as dumbass retarded pricks and all the Nazis are actually decent people. How did they get away with this?
>>
>>63131815
I'm only at episode 2 so far.
>actually decent people

Except that Japanese government guy who murdered the 1/4 jewish family in San Fran
>>
>>63131815
Because it's going off how it was in real life

minus the genocide
>>
God I love how /fa/ the SS were
>>
>>63131815
Fuck, its been so long since I've seen him in something

how does it compare to the book?
>>
>>63131969
Most of the japs apart from the trade minister are cunts. Just like real life.
>>
How faithful is it to the story?
>>
>>63132000
Trips confirm.

The Nazis had it figured out, fo' real.
>>
>>63132012
You can thank Hugo Boss for that. They still make good clothes.
>>
>>63132078
I haven't read the book yet. I should really read some of Dick's work considering they have adapted into some great films, well at least Blade Runner and Total Recall
>>
>>63132244
A Scanner Darkly is good too, pleb.
>>
File: Phillip-K-Dick.jpg (56 KB, 540x370) Image search: [Google]
Phillip-K-Dick.jpg
56 KB, 540x370
>>63132070
See what happens when you treat the source material with respect?
>>
>>63132244
geez anon, I forgive you because we're on /tv/ but I really hope you're not illiterate
>>
>>63132012
The shows fucking retarded.
>brownshirts have SS logo
>regular collaborator infantry have SS logo
>cops have SS logo
>SS have SS logo
>random fucks wearing oxford shirts in propaganda paintings have SS logo
I'm convinced the shows creator's have no fucking clue what the 'little squiggles" even are and they just through it on everything because they associate it with Nazis.
>>
>>63132078
Not at all. It's been a while since I read it but I remember that the book felt more like a simple depiction of how the world would have been had the war been won by the Axis.
>>
>>63132443
Or maybe the SS came to mean something completely different within the context of that world???
>>
>>63132324
> we're on /tv/
Exactly. I don't read books as much as i watch shit. I don't see how that makes anyone illiterate. I just haven't got round to it yet
>>
>>63132443
Wait? Wasn't Hitler vision for the SS to take over all duty's for the nation of Germany after the end of the war. Such as the police and running the government day to day.
>>
>>63131815
Other than the character in OP's pic this show was bland as fuck.
>>
>>63132443
Shut up, anon. OP is trying to shill here..
>>
>>63132546
Absolutely not. The SS was more foreign than German in the back half of the war.
>>
>>63131815
This was being filmed at my work. So weird to show up to work one day and see Nazis and swastikas
>>
File: IM A JEW.webm (451 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
IM A JEW.webm
451 KB, 720x404
>>
>>63132594
I'm not shilling at all. I'm just suggesting you subscribe to Amazon so you can watch this superb show. Remember the 6 gorillion, goy.
>>
I saw that liberals were offended by the marketing by this because it had Nazi imagery (not even a swastika), is there anything that doesn't offend those people?
>>
>>63132790
whites being genocided
>>
>>63132652
Sir. I believe you may be wrong. I am certain that Hitler plans for the SS were to make them take over the nations security and politics. Before WW2 the Schutzstaffel was already in control of almost the entire government bureaucracy.

The SS were to become the police force of Germany as well. Thus removing all of the old police forces.
>>
> that ending
So what, did the old nip just fucking quantum leap or something?
There's gonna be a season 2 right?
>>
>>63131815
Wasn't Italy and other countries part of the Axis powers? What happened to them? Suddenly the world only belongs to the Nazis and the Japanese?
>>
>>63133150
Hitler was the dominant force, its not explained in the show explicitly, but I'd guess they would exist analogously to the soviet puppet states
>>
>>63132976
it was all a dream
>>
>>63133150
iirc they had a small empire with land in northern Africa but they don't really mention much about them
>>
>>63132976
Yeah what the fuck happened, did he meditate himself to another dimension?

Where is Hitler getting these films? Is that how he won?

I HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR TO FIND THIS SHIT OUT.
>>
>>63131815
>Nazis are actually decent people
The obergruppenführer character is abjectly horrible though. Great character, interesting to watch, but not by any stretch of the imagination a good person.
>>
>>63133467
I don't know. I was thinking he was imagining himself back in Japan or something. San Fran is full of asians anyway, even without being under Japanese control so i guess he could pretend but then you see stars and stripes all over and that sweet 60's shit everyhere. Fucking ching chong magic
>>
File: 1392751075123.jpg (126 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
1392751075123.jpg
126 KB, 600x418
>>63133467
I haven't read the book, so i probably wrong, but they did show that Hitler lives in a castle in the mountains.
>>
Episode 10 was a trainwreck.
That new film went all sci-fi quantum leap shit
>>
>>63132930
>The SS were to become the police force of Germany as well
That would involve collapsing the SA, which would never happen.
>>
>>63131815
oh shit, its that one dude
>>
>>63134578

Rufus Sewell. Dude deserves more acclaim
>>
>>63132038
>how does it compare to the book?
It's pretty true to the spirit of the book imo.
The best scenes are included in the later episodes. It does veer away hard at the end of the series though.
>>
I hate Juliana.
>>
>>63131815
>Nazis are actually decent people.
Main nazi gun has to put his son down for having a degenerative disease
>>
>>63137136
Sounds like a humane treatment of mental illness
>>
>>63134197
erm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives
>>
Where the fuck are the watchable torrents? Literally all of them have significant judder problems.
>>
>>63132546
No something similar to this was Himmlers' vision and he was expelled from the party shortly before the brits killed him and made it look like suicide in 1945
>>
File: tehe.jpg (46 KB, 604x454) Image search: [Google]
tehe.jpg
46 KB, 604x454
>>63137136
>>63137317
>tfw I am legitimately all for eugenics
>>
>>63137317
>>63138439
ouch, cut myself
>>
File: Joel.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Joel.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>watch pilot
>floored by how good it is
>sets up fascinating mysteries
>sets up a world I'd die to know more about

>months later
>rest of series released
>only 6 episodes in so far
>characters aren't developed, remain bland
>very little world-building
>mysteries remain mysteries
>lead is the worst character ever written
>story moves glacially in every episode
>55 minute filler-padded episodes
>>
>>63134648
>It's pretty true to the spirit of the book imo.

Bullshit

>>63132038
It's nazi sliders. You can travel to the other dimension just closing your eyes...

Fucking retarded. They don't know where they are going. Watch it, it's laughable.
>>
I hate when they have to inject supernatural elements into the "What if the Nazis won?" scenarios, in this and Wolfenstein: The New Order (Which is, funnily enough, superior to this and the book its based on) they are the worst elements. Fatherland didn't have any of that shit and it worked great, just do an alternate history by saying the Axis won because they developed the nuclear bomb first or they won at Stalingrad or Normandy, who gives a fuck.

Also anyone complaining that an alternate-history piece of fiction isn't 100% historical should be castrated.
>>
>>63132276
>A Scanner Darkly

The book and the movie is shitty.

>>63132244
>Blade Runner

Blade Runner is far from the book and the book is better (movie is boring).

Total Recall is better and different than the short story.

Start with "Ubik" then "The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch" or "Solar Lottery".

A Scanner Darkly is painful to read and even more painful to watch.

A Scanner Darkly and TMITHC are the 2 K. Dick book people who never read K. Dick knows.

Like "Slaughterhouse Five" from Vonnegut. Shitty book for non reader who only listen to jewish media (obsessed with holohoax).
>>
>>63140842
>this whole post

kill yourself
>>
File: kill you and fuck the body 02.jpg (56 KB, 655x606) Image search: [Google]
kill you and fuck the body 02.jpg
56 KB, 655x606
>>63140585
>Bullshit
Thanks for that detailed refutation anon. I appreciate it. Also kill yourself.
>>
Show is very mediocre besides watching Nazis go around killing degenerates
>>
>>63138439
If eugenics were a thing in our society, you would have been put down for your autism.
>>
File: Man_in_the_High_Castle_Dick.png (55 KB, 1428x638) Image search: [Google]
Man_in_the_High_Castle_Dick.png
55 KB, 1428x638
>>63133150
Also the italians blocked off the Mediterranean and reclaimed it as farming land at some point
>>
>>63131815
Because Philip K. Dick was a true red pilled motherfucker.
>>
>>63142340
Why wouldn't the Nazis have also taken Canada while they were at it? Canada was an ally and they could have taken it in half a day.
>>
>>63133467

As far as the show goes Togami is the man in the high castle. In the book version the man uses an I ching, in the show Togami happens to use it. There's some coincidental evidence the second film being about WW3, which Togami was working to stop in real life and then with the last film being so focused about Juliana, which Togami formed a relationship with and was seen meditating with her necklace multiple times.

The shows writer also said the actual man in the high castle wouldn't be revealed this season, but would be strongly hinted at. So they set up Hitler to look like its him as a sort of false reveal.
>>
>>63142503
Not sure, it's explained in the book. They probably just made peace with Canada after they took the british isles. Canada is a large fucking country with a small population, probably wasn't worth it to occupy all of Canada and try to split it.
>>
>>63131815
>Start watching first episode
>Get to Flat tire scene with police officer
>Whats that asks the resistance guy
>Officer answers; oh we're just burning up the degenerates, the cripples and the mentally challenged
>Turn it off
>>
>>63143429

Yeah that was clumsy as fuck. It's gets better though.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.