[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I feel like this movie is how Dexter should have ende
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Mr_brooks_ver2_xlg.jpg (26 KB, 299x443) Image search: [Google]
Mr_brooks_ver2_xlg.jpg
26 KB, 299x443
Why do I feel like this movie is how Dexter should have ended.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXfbVIFc6t4
>>
>>63131292
Fuck I loved this movie, still feel weird about how hard I rooted for the psychopath.
>>
>No sequel where he trains his daughter
>No season where Dexter trains his daughter
jdimsa
>>
>>63131413
>no sequel where she kills her father
>no "coming of age" style story of her learning how to become a murderer all on her own
>>
>>63131413
>>On the director's commentary, Bruce Evans said that the film was to be the first of a trilogy, but as with any franchise it depended on the film's profits.[8] Despite its commercial success, there are no plans to make further films. Speaking in April 2009, Panabaker said, "Everybody wanted to make a trilogy. I saw Kevin [Costner] last summer and we still would love to. The idea of my character and Kevin's character, it'd be so much fun. I think you got to see how manipulative they both are, with each other. I would have loved to have done three."
>>
>>63131539
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Brooks
>>
>>63131413
>no prequel before the sequel where we find out who Marshal really is and what his story is
jdimsa
>>
Reminder that the Demi Moore arc was awful and the movie would have been a lot better without her in it.
>>
File: 1446545117488.jpg (435 KB, 625x900) Image search: [Google]
1446545117488.jpg
435 KB, 625x900
>>63131292
thought/ theories on Marshal?
dead childhood friend? dead father? nobody, just a imaginary face on his psychosis? a g-g-ghost!?personally I would get equally disappointed at both baseless imagination and ghost
>>
>>63132132
Completely fucking agree. She was way too ballsy in my opinion. I guess all female cops come off as such.
>>
>>63132318
Dead father, I think. If his daughter killed him in the second one I think KevCost would be her 'Marshall'
>>
>>63131292
I really, really like this movie.
Too bad theres never going to be a sequel
>>
>>63132391
that would be kinda neat. I don't really like the idea that their urge to kill would be so similar though given that they never speak about it. sociopathy as a genetic trait I can swallow but anything more and its ruined for me
>>
>>63132318
>>63132391
I always thought of Marshal as a brother. Maybe it's just that he doesn't seem old enough to be a father, but of course one's imagination of a dead person doesn't necessarily age like you do.

I wonder if there's a canon-answer.
>>
>>63132318
Could be the first person he ever killed. I would imagine the first kill would have been the most memorable.
>>
File: 1440721231293.jpg (11 KB, 332x335) Image search: [Google]
1440721231293.jpg
11 KB, 332x335
if there was a sequel what could they put in it that would ruin it for you the most?

>Mr brooks2: angry police woman chronicles
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.