[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know /tv/ has issued a fatwah against capeshit, but I was wondering:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 635x846) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 635x846
I know /tv/ has issued a fatwah against capeshit, but I was wondering: what, if anything, would /tv/ call a GOOD superhero movie?
>>
>>63127440
Spider-man, the first one and the second.
>>
>>63127440

Batman Returns
>>
>>63127476
Childish quiptastic trash

>>63127501
Edgy grimdark garbage
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 500x743
>>63127440

Only correct answer.
>>
>>63127440
Watchmen is a solid strong7/10, if you pretend the source material doesn't exist.

Also, the Dark Knight is an objectively amazing film
>>
>>63127440
Man of steel. Fuck these chumps.
>>
>>63127440

I'd say Captain America: The Winter Soldier, if you're looking for a superhero movie that feels like an action film.
>>
Why does /tv/ hate capeshit anyway? Is it because they're popular? Is it because they're over-saturated? Or is it because they're simple popcorn flicks?

Over-saturated or not, you have to at least admit that the capeshit we've gotten is at the bare minimum watchable and at its best some really great films (Guardians, Cap 2).

DC is unwatchable though
>>
>>63127562
HOL UP
>>
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
>>
>>63127688
>>63127562
correct
>>
Maybe something like Defendor or Alter Egos
>>
>>63127688
Eugh

This movie ruined careers nigga
>>
>>63127561
>Edgy grimdark garbage
nigga, Batman Returns was campy as fuck. DeVito and Pfeifer played amazing villains.
>>
>>63127440
Most of the normie casuals that I know were pleasantly surprised at how good Winter Soldier was. Never heard that kind of reaction about other capeshit.
>>
Dark Knight Rises, without it we wouldn't have Baneposting.
>>
File: Unbreakable.jpg (53 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
Unbreakable.jpg
53 KB, 679x960
Unbreakable.
>>
ITT: People who are too cool for superheros.
>>
Unbreakable
>>
Unbreakable
>>
>>63127782
Because people don't like what they don't understand
It's a groundbreaking masterpiece that will become a cult classic in 50 years
>>
>>63127937
That movie is shit and you know it
>>
>>63127671
I hate the Marvel house style of minimizing actual action scenes to the bare minimum and most of what´s there isn´t even that good. Captain America comes to mind with the war being reduced to two montages, Iron Mans highlight was the killing of terrorists, literally a single scene. Iron Man 2 was kinda worse with the generic killbots. Then Iron Man 3 kinda went nowhere for most of the time and in the end there was only the giant endfight. That leads me to two more thing: final fights being the only memorable thing from each movie and the movies forfeiting their possibilities. You could make countless movies about Captain America with all the funny looking nazi villains including Hitler as a purple KKK member but what do we get? Jesus Reloaded: The Trilogy. Either they don´t care about having an arc or they do the most blandest arc you could think of and now they go jack it to some no names and show their non-adventures for 3 movies.

I welcome the death of capeshit. Marvel at least digs its grave currently when people realize that Downey and the others won´t return in Black Panther. It´s always when the jews try to move a franchise from a character/actor thing to a "vague setting and plot" thing that the audience jumps ship. They need to hook people as good as with Downey again and they won´t be able to with memes like Cucmberbirch.
>>
First two Raimi Spidermans
Batman '89 and Batman Returns
Superman 1 and 2
Captain America: The First Avenger
X-Men 1 and 2
>>
>>63127671

>Why does /tv/ hate capeshit anyway?

It's because it's the next dumb flavor-of-the-year trend that everyone's jumping on, just like zombie movies before it and (I predict) video game movies after it. It's a dumb ass meme that directors and producers are running so far into the ground they're finding fucking oil reserves, and what's worse is they feel the need to make them gritty and "realistic" now like "ooh, the audience is going to tune out of this narrative about cyborgs and mutants and rich assholes in flying mech suits fighting aliens and psychotic clowns Norse deities if I don't make it BELIEVABLE".

>Is it because they're popular?

Only to the extent that their popularity means the trend has dragged on as long as it has.

>Is it because they're over-saturated?

Absolutely.

>Or is it because they're simple popcorn flicks?

They're not expected to be high cinema and most of /tv/ understands that, so no.
>>
>>63127995
>>63127971
>>63127937
probably this
>>
>>63127688

that movie was such shit that convinced Sean Connery to retire sooner
>>
>>63127476
This
>>
>>63127562
Man I fucking loved this one
>>
Plebs, all of you.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.