[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Karl says something surprisingly insightful >Ricky immediately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: rickygervais04-660.jpg (71 KB, 660x384) Image search: [Google]
rickygervais04-660.jpg
71 KB, 660x384
>Karl says something surprisingly insightful
>Ricky immediately calls him an idiot

Love this show, but Ricky is such a smug git.
>>
Him wondering about the difference between your brain and "you" is the best example.
>>
Karl is unbelievably gullible and stupid though. And remember they are (or were) friends in real life, so what you experience from Carl on XFM, is only a small fraction of what Ricky is faced with on a weekly basis. You would lose your shit too if you heard Carl's nonsense on a regular basis.
>>
>Ricky thinks that a lighthouse is on during the day
>"You're a fool! Play a record!"
>Steve agrees with Karl that a lighthouse is turned off during the day
>Steve says Karl has won
>Karl goes mental
>>
>>63126178
Fun fact: a lot of the time karl is trying to wind ricky up
>>
>>63125657
Ricky Gervais is an unfunny, fat, talentless hack,
how he ever got to where he is is beyond me.
the sounds my farts make are funnier
>>
>>63126178
go home ricky
>>
>>63126178
different world view =/= stupid
>>
File: image.png (80 KB, 350x284) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80 KB, 350x284
>>63125657
>Karl states the government can be shit with trash pick up, and health care being in a waiting room for 5 hours
>Rickie and Stephen rub hands and state how idiotic Karl

Rickie's the usual Labour Atheist.
>>
>>63126244
That's obvious. It's the same in reverse too.

>>63126285
ignorance doesn't count as a "different world view"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqyliK0wao
>>
Friendly reminder Karl is a character written by Ricky Gervais. This is very much portrayed in the man-moth sketch you all love so much.

Karl pretends he hear man-month instead of mammot. But cloning implies you take a string of DNA from an existing (or a species that used to exist and has intact DNA left that can be used to clone it) from a species to clone it by injecting it into a genetically similar host to give birth to the clone. That means 1) A man-moth would have existed or has existed 2) Something similar to a man-moth has existed or exists to give birth to the clone. No one is stupid enough to believe something like that not even 'Karl'.
>>
>>63126388
it also doesn't mean you're gullible and stupid, he just see's things a different way
>>
>>63126388
That's also obvious, but I would say Karl is more successful at it
>>
>>63126470
I know that. He does certainly see the world in a different way. That doesn't change the fact that he is also indeed, an ignorant mong.
>>
File: StillBetterThanAlphaTeam.png (800 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
StillBetterThanAlphaTeam.png
800 KB, 1344x756
>>
>>63126469
So this is the face of autism.
>>
File: dojima.jpg (29 KB, 229x199) Image search: [Google]
dojima.jpg
29 KB, 229x199
>Karl talks about his family/neighbourhood/childhood/school friends

Great.

>Steve talks about his dad/granddad and his attempts as a teenager to be cool and liked by girls

Great.

>Ricky says ANYTHING anecdotic concerning his life
>mfw

For being a "comedian", this cackling fatass isn't funny at all.
>>
>>63126871
Nice argument to counter mine shithead
>>
>>63126912
There's nothing to counter. You've overestimated Karl's intelligence. He doesn't understand how cloning works. Simple as that.
>>
>>63125657
They are all playing their part to create comedy. They all know it. That's why Ricky kept going "okay, if this one is bad it's the LAST time we're doing it"
Then Karl says something idiotic and Ricky goes "right, that's it, we're never doing it again".

And then they do it again. The main thing is to make jokes and play their parts. It's not about being fair to each other.
>>
>>63126908
i have a go kart
>>
>>63126956
Don't lie
>>
>>63126908
I kind of agree, but at least his tales sounds real. Everything Steve says sounds like a complete lie.
>>
>>63126989
How can you not believe that Steve actually pretended to be high after "smoking" some incense? He seems the type.
>>
>>63126232
I missed this somehow. Do you know the Episode number?
>>
Posting the small Karl documentary about his foolishness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdnecUl4jYA
>>
>>63127042
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiNOqHCn55k
>>
>>63126469
Ever heard of Mothman?
It's very real, however non-existant it may be.
>>
>>63126989
>>63127032
The story about the maid making fun of his big feet while the whole dorm watched was being clearly exxagerated or made out.

The one about picking up the pig in his car.....I'm willing to believe it, since Steve looks like someone who submits to social pressure and grew up on the land.

The anecdotes of him being a cheapskate with no regard for others and his oldfashioned dad sound 100% true.

>(After hearing Winston Churchill's war speeches) Never forget son. Never forget.
>But dad, I don't remember!
>>
File: watch baryshnikov dance.gif (843 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
watch baryshnikov dance.gif
843 KB, 250x224
>>63127086
>that triumphant laughter
>>
>>63126989
Every time he steps into the ocean, his shorts fall off
>>
>Karl points out how stupid one of Rickys cookie cutter limousine liberal ideas are

>Ricky proceeds to personally attack Karl and claim he is mentally superior for doing so
>>
>>63127439
You have a mental illness.
>>
>>63127272
I'll grant that the ones about his dad are more convincing but there's so many that sound like bullshit or are embellished so much that it might as well be all made up.
The worst one is the one when he almost buys the stolen speakers. The pig in the car/getting the car stuck one also sounds like total bullshit
>>
PLAY A RECORD

LET HIM FINISH
>>
>Ding Dong

Oh, who's at the door? It's my friendly chinese neighbour, Holi Fuk!
>>
Listening to early XFM makes it very clear that both Karl and Rick are (at least somewhat) in character for the podcasts. They are caricatures of themselves for the sake of the audience.

People who get annoyed at Ricky for being to dismissive of Karl's more reasonable theories and people who get annoyed at Karl for the utter ridiculousness of his dumber ones are both essentially getting mad at fictional characters.
>>
>>63128056

I genuinely believe the season 1 of Karl is all Karl. He just sounds uneducated and ignorant (yet not stupid) in a funny way.

Everything beyond then is Ricky saying

"When I say X respond with Y"

"When we talk about A, bring up B, then I'll say what about C and you say "oh forget it""

anecdotes have been told multiple times, in multiple ways and they all pretend its the first time it's been said / heard.

Not that this is a problem, I genuinely find it funny, but to claim, at no point during Pilkingtons exposure to us since 2001 that Ricky and Steve have never provided lines for Karl to read out or counter with is just silly.
>>
>>63125657

Gervais is lord of the fedoras.
I've got a cousin who follows him on twitter and has decided to emulate him wherever possible and constantly quotes him.
He's a militant atheist and a totally myopic moron.
>>
>>63128478
You could be right. But do you honestly remember all the stupid stories your friends told you over the years? Also I guess it's better for the sake of the podcast to act this way.
>>
Ricky's an atheist who only takes what he can see as evidence, the guy literally doesn't believe farts and oxygen exist and quotes things "smart" people say thinking it will make him sound smart also

Karl is a free thinker who has his own thoughts, realises we have other senses than sight that can prove things exist and thinks outside the box which is what some of the greatest minds throughout history have done. You think von Braun would have created the v-2 if he listened to atheists saying nope you can't invent that because i've never seen a rocket before therefore they can't exist

Out of both of them Karl in my opinion has the higher IQ
>>
>>63129879
watch
>>63127080
>
>>
>>63127899
Wouldn't it be Ho Lee Fook?

Oh look it's Gayvid Gray the bent pianist. "Ooh, hello"
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.