[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Starkiller Base If this isn't some ancient Force-powered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: 1448685475127.png (2 MB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
1448685475127.png
2 MB, 1280x721
>Starkiller Base

If this isn't some ancient Force-powered superweapon that was rediscovered by the New Order, instead of a GIANT BIGGER DEATH STAR!!1! that they actually *built*, it might truly kill the franchise for me.
>>
Well, based on the base's location, there's a theory that Starkiller was built on planet Ilum, notable for its lightsaber crystal caves. So the base could be powered by the crystals.
>>
>>63122388
Not canon.
>>
>>63122815
well, they've published a galaxy map with a lot of planets from the EU and even videogames, emphasizing the fact that they are important so, too early to tell.
>>
File: star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg (186 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg
186 KB, 900x1200
>>
File: MainGalaxy.png (2 MB, 1471x1321) Image search: [Google]
MainGalaxy.png
2 MB, 1471x1321
Note the similarity on Ilum and Starkiller's location.
>>
>>63122286
What if...
>The Starkiller was what Revan found in the Unknown Regions
>Even the Rakata feared it
>Revan died trying to destroy it
>Kylo Ren thinks Revan died a Shit Lord instead of being redeemed because 4000 years of document drift and jedi archives destroyed by Sheev
>That's one reason why Kylo Ren wears the mask
>He intends to finish what he thinks Revan was going to start instead of Vader
>Part of his redemption revolves around discovering the truth about Revan
>Revan Revan Revan
>Prequel trilogy of loosely adapted KOTOR announced after this trilogy wraps up
Seriously though if this is the case I'm gonna leave the theater and commit suicide over my mixed emotions.
>>
>>63122991
>rakata prime

starforge confirmed
>>
File: Starkiller.png (67 KB, 220x337) Image search: [Google]
Starkiller.png
67 KB, 220x337
I say it's a facility for cloning an army of Sith warriors.
>>
>>63123339
>kotors canon
>revans canon
>yuuzhan vong canon
>>
>>63122991
>rakata prime

aw shit
>>
>>63123404
>Kylo is paranoid about the return of TJO
>trained in hunting/sensing Jedi
>Luke sees it coming
>Responds by not training Jedi for them to find
>>
>>63123404
>Darth Starkiller is canon
please let this happen
his design and the general idea of a secret apprentice to Darth Vader is just awesome
>>
Death star made sense as a mobile weapon. what can star killer do besides pester those planets around it?
>>
>>63123949
"star killer" gee anon, take a guess xD
>>
>>63122388
so what if the starkiller base is a giant lightsaber and they will slowly turn the planet round to swing it?
>>
>>63123949
The map shows its origin point, implying that it was originally a planet and became mobile.
>>
>>63123850
There's a chance that Starkiller becomes canon, if they include him or an alternate version of him (because even if Starkiller is canon, the whole story of The Force Unleashed can't be canon) in Star Wars Rebels.

And that could happen, they already included EU stuff in The Clone Wars, like Darth Bane, Delta Squad, and they almost included Darth Revan (which would have been a huge thing if Revan became canon) but they didn't

So yeah, we might have Starkiller in Rebels, that's be rad
>>
>>63124054
It could be that it was never a planet at all, maybe it's just so huge and old that it started developing plant life on its own
>>
>>63122388
>giant lightsaber planets

Right now there's some mouth breathing EU fag writing fan fiction with Boba Fett dual-wielding.
>>
>>63124075
Revan is one of the few sith lords I wish would be canon, even if they leave out the second game or any of the shit with the secret empire. He's easily one of the better EU Sith Lords.
>>
>>63123138
>revan
>at all

Why don't you just do us all a favor and kill yourself now.
>>
What you said sounds way fucking dumber than building it
>>
>>63124239
The kylo meme mask is an obvious nod to Revan, even if they have no intentions of even mentioning the character it's a clear ploy to get the EU fags interested
>>
>>63124362
Kylos mask looks nothing like revans. Revans mask looks more mandolorian than anything. The eye slit is different, the mouth is different, the eyebrows are different. It's all fucking different.
>>
>>63124670
Revan's mask IS Mandalorian
>>
>>63124710
Exactly.
>>
>>63124239
He looks EXACTLY like Revan you absolute retard
>>
>>63124362
You'll probably see a shitload of this 2bh.
Dismissing the EU was kinda genius. They just took everything and turned t from canon to "source material".

Now you can have "Not-Revan" fight "Not Dash Rendar" on planet whatever and give them the coolest looking ships from /v/ and they're "totally original"
>>
>>63122388
>lightsaber crystal caved

this is why I will never read the EU
>>
>>63125018
M8 all lightsaber crystals are found in caves

Its in the canon AND the EU
>>
>>63124075
I don't really know my way around the canon as much as you seem to be, could you explain why TFU can't be canon as it is?
>>
>>63125168
I'm not that guy but Rebels doesn't seem to gel very well with TFU to me. For example, the Rebellion symbol was supposed to be Starkiller's family crest in TFU but in Rebels they seem to be implying it comes from a different source (pic related). In general Rebels seems to contradict the origins for the Rebellion portrayed in the TFU game, although I suppose you could still try to stitch it together and sort out the inconsistencies
>>
>>63124816
But he's NOT Revan. They aren't going to bring in an EU character in the first new movie and make him the bad guy. No normal people know who the fuck he is.

He looks similar to Revan in that he's got a mask and black robes, but the similarities end there.
>>
File: RebelsLogo.png (634 KB, 652x694) Image search: [Google]
RebelsLogo.png
634 KB, 652x694
>>63125351
forgot pic, this symbol shows up on Rebels every now and then
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 740x740
>>63123138
TELL ME ABOUT KYLO! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK!
>>
>>63125168
Because it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>63125381
For the most part I agree with you, but there's also the matter of Kylo's lightsaber having been confirmed as an "ancient design".

I do think there is a real chance they may hint at some connection. Maybe they'll just hint it in the movie and then leave it open to get confirmed in new novels, where the normies won't care
>>
>>63125168
I haven't played TFU games honestly so maybe i was projecting a little, but from what i've seen, it expands a lot on how the Rebellion formed and it seemed to contradict some of the canon.
I might be wrong, but TFU will never be canon anyway, that's not how it works, they can decide to make some elements of EU stuff canon but not the whole media (see The Old Republic, Republic Commando, etc)
>>
yfw the final film in the trilogy has finn and rei using the ancient force-powered starkiller with their light side powers and it creates new solar systems
>>
>deathstar 3.0 might kill the franchise for me
>nothing about the prequels did this

Talk to your doctor today about mental retardation.
>>
>*built*
Literally Reddit. Not even meming. This is literally how Redditors type.
>>
>>63125381
>They aren't going to bring in an EU character in the first new movie and make him the bad guy.
>Implying Kylo isn't notJacen
>>
>>63123850
>his design...is just awesome

Bald white video game character #49681 is good design to you?
>>
>>63122286
they should have just went with the starforge, it's a way better concept than deatstar type shit

somehow the idea of pumping out hundreds of star ships every minute and having an infinite army is more terryfing and evil than a huge space laser that just kills planets
>>
File: darthstarkiller.jpg (43 KB, 536x452) Image search: [Google]
darthstarkiller.jpg
43 KB, 536x452
>>63125593
i just like his costume alright
>>
File: Render Darth Revan.jpg (102 KB, 786x1017) Image search: [Google]
Render Darth Revan.jpg
102 KB, 786x1017
>>63125477
I have a feeling there may be some slight nods to EU characters, planets, events and other material throughout the new movie. Maybe just a background helmet/mask (like Nihilus') or lightsaber in Kylo Ren's lair on his ship or whatever (I'm hoping he's obsessed with the Sith as a whole rather than just Vader). That's what I'm really interested in seeing.

Disney knows about the EU and they've already used some of it in Rebels. It isn't at all a stretch to say they'll probably include some stuff in Episode 7 to catch the interest of fans that know more than just the movies. I'm excited to see if that is the case.

But as for Revan, I just think he gets much more praise than he deserves. He was a Sith Lord for a small fraction of his life, and in the end fought the very empire he created and then ventured out into unknown space to fight the ancient Sith and got fucked up by the Sith Emperor. Swtor is kinda shit but odds are it'd be made canon too so I just accept it. The fact that Revan comes back like 3 times in the course of his life annoys me. That's just Bioware keeping his corpse walking because it gives the Swtor game a tangential connection to the original Kotor.

Basically Revan is a dead horse that's been beaten too many times. The people singing his praises need to stop. I remember when the trailer for Swtor came out. People immediately suspected that Malgus was Revan for some reason. People ALWAYS seem to think Revan is coming back no matter the time period.

>1000 years ABY
>Krayt and his empire have long since fallen
>the Jedi reclaim the galaxy
>a figure in dark robes appears
>GUYS I BET ITS REVAN
>>
File: Q3sNu.jpg (141 KB, 827x710) Image search: [Google]
Q3sNu.jpg
141 KB, 827x710
>>63125168
>>63125510
And i also think TFU can't be canon because Starkiller was WAY too overpowered (pic related) and that wouldn't really make sense in the saga, so if he does become canon he'd probably be a dumbed down version
>>
>>63125477
yfw it's an unstable Forcesaber
>>
>>63125638
How about a huge space laser that KILLS SOLARSYSTEMS???
>>
>>63125544

>yfw the final film in the trilogy has finn and rei using the ancient force-powered starkiller with their light side powers and it creates new solar systems

It would be maximum pottery if it created our galaxy or at least, our solar system.
>>
>>63125680
TFU will be the second JJtrek. TFA will be about a giant superweapon that makes everyone force sensitive, but its only being used on the empire because technobabble. The ending will have them using it on everyone, because they can't shut it off.
>>
>>63125638
>Implying the last fight in Episode IX won't take place in an incomplete but operational Starforge.
>>
Keep all star wars in the general pls
>>63125777
>>
>>63125638
>Rakata Prime (Lehon) subtly included into canon
>Rakata species likely confirmed
>Star Forge somewhat likely confirmed
>>
>>63125680

That's not even the strongest example of telekinesis in the EU, there's a bunch. One was done by Darth Nihilus who pulled a Centurion-class battlecruiser out of a massive artificial gravity well.

So that's not really the reason.
>>
>>63125932
Well the entire EU was decononized so disney could pick and choose what they wanted to rip the fuck off.
>>
>>63122286
Wasn't that the plot to one of the ps2 games?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.