[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this person a hero in any sense of the word? She didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: jessica-jones_2.jpg (30 KB, 740x493) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones_2.jpg
30 KB, 740x493
How is this person a hero in any sense of the word?

She didn't even have any intentions of telling robyn that her brother died and was dumped in a river.
>>
Because 9/11
>>
>>63122279

Jessica jones is a feminists tv show, just like sense8

It doesnt need to make sense, just needs muh strong female doing strong things.

extremely sad this turned into what it did since she daredevil is so good.
>>
>>63122310
We're had 2015 9/11s happening!
WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
>>
>>63122279

>Feminist SJW: The Series
>>
>>63122279
The same way Punisher is a "hero".
>>
She isn't a hero. She's a mess. Even Luke Cage calls her out on it.

It's kinda the point of the show. Even at the end when people are calling her hoping for her to be a hero for them, she deletes the messages.
>>
>>63122346

It's like nobody involved in this show got the character at all. They didn't even bother to read the cliff notes on JJ before writing the series.
>>
>>63122279

She's more of an anti-hero.
>>
>>63122420
she's considered a superhero in the comics
>>
>>63122346

>>/pol/
>>
>>63122441

I guess they adapted her differently.
>>
>>63122441
Being a superhero isn't empowering
>>
>>63122441
No.
Read Alias.
>>
>>63122279
i feel like her "care" for all of the victims in this show was just a false mask. She only cared about pursuing kilgrave for her own piece of mind, and that persona of "I'm helping people" to squeeze things out of others for her own ends. She never gave a shit about the personal lives of anyone he actually affected.

The Junkie, Kilgrave, Luke, and Lester Freeman were the bet characters in this shit SJW garbage.
>>
>>63122279

>She gets knocked out by that spaz bitch with a 2x4

Bravo Jessica, bravo writers
>>
>>63122530
Thanos better watch his ass!
>>
>>63122530
it was a big 2x4
>>
>>63122609

For Jessica
>>
>>63122279
>>63122346
I think it was pretty easy to miss and poorly executed. But it's really The conversation with Claire and the phone messages and phone call at the very end of the series that setup the change that JJ went threw or was processing the rest of the show when she was being a self absorbed bitch. All her character growth happens in the last 20 or so minutes of the last episode. That was her redemption. And from the way most people talk about this show I'm not surprised if most people didn't stick around long enough to see it.
>>
>>63122620
>2x4 is big for her
>got blacked by luke

try again.
>>
>>63122609
>it was a big 2x4
you mean like maybe it was 4x8?
>>
>>63122626
>the last 20 or so minutes of the last episode. That was her redemption. And from the way most people talk about this show I'm not surprised if most people didn't stick around long enough to see it.

Look, the raceposters are obviously retarded, ineffectual, or memeing, but there's plenty wrong with this show. I wanted to love it and tried my hardest to keep an open mind. It's just not well written. The scenarios and plotting are mostly solid, if thin by the end, (Kilgrave is literally the only problem she faces throughout) but the dialogue and lots of decisions and motivations characters make or have are just really sloppy.
>>
>fucks niggers
>muh strong indeplendent wimin

SJW cancer
>>
>>63122698
army guy trying to kill her in her apartment pre-emptively was dumb af.
>>
Why did Jeri's lover showing up at exes house at exactly the right time? She rattled off some excuse but narratively it was a huge stretch just to get her there.

Everyone in the cast being at kilgrave's cell, similarly. Just clunky and poorly directed.

And yeah, nothing productive or admisable could have come of that. I know Jeri said so, and Jessica growled who cares or something but it's true. It was stupid.

The sister following Malcolm to the meeting and somehow knowing everyone's name and rallying them against Jessica. She doesn't freak out about Malcolm's admission of her brothers murder or even think to go to police. Somehow knows about kilgrave and just buys that this mystery villain was behind it, but also fuck Jessica Jones.

And she's the one to knock Jessica out with a plank of wood because uh, the narrative called for it.

Kilgrave's mom showing up at the meetings was fucking stupid and convenient. His parents being around at all. And his working with his Dad toward the end was deflating narrative momentum.

Kilgrave's warm recollection of being happy w Jessica for 18 seconds, where she loved him back. Would he really forget she then tried to jump off a building?

No broken necks from anyone when the entire group hangs themselves. I guess the writers think they're supposed to suffocate? Even if the ropes were too short-why? No lasting consequences.

Cops don't notice apparent rope burns on every witness afterwards.
>>
>>63122768
Jessica runs into traffic and gets hit "He didn't even stop! Humanity sucks and don't deserve saving." Just indicative of the dour, sarcastic tone throughout. I get that's her characterization, PTSD and all, but it's really off-putting after a while.

Simpson all amped up and he can't even get through a bathroom door.

When people do go through walls, which is all the time, as the one effect is Jessica tossing everyone, it's way too clear they're thin prop walls. No effort to make them look substantial.

Jessica clearly could have just let Simpson kill Kilgrave from the beginning saving many lives. I know, muh projection on Hope, but it's true. Hope died, Kilgrave too. Simpson could have saved lives by ending it earlier.

Simpson literally tells her about the blue pills. When Patsy's down, Jess doesn't try to locate them. Yeah he threw em out the window or something but maybe Jessica can use her superpowers to jump down there real fast and get em.

Luke- "Do i need to know what happened here?" After getting back to JJ's apartment following the Simpson stuff
Jessica-"NO!"
But... he does. Especially immediately after her "I'm so sorry for not being trustworthy."

Patsy has important news! People are dying left and right! But Luke's cute, go do your thing girl lmao, nm.

Luke struggling to punch through or damage a car door as if he was a normal human.

Why risk Patsy with that meaningless ruse at the end? For what purpose? Fooled ya, it's not Jessica. "Shoot her." But no, because? There was no need for Patsy to sacrifice herself like that for momentary hide and seek.

"They say everybody's born a hero..." No, they don't. That's not a thing, but writers just thought it sounded nice.

Abysmal writing, lots of potential. It's a shame.
>>
>had a legitimate chance to reform Kilgrave
>nah I'll just drug and torture him
>even after that he seems like he's willing to work things out with his parents
>nah just stab him

She is a piece of shit but she'll get a pass because she's banging based Luke Cage.
>>
>>63122732
>army guy trying to kill her in her apartment pre-emptively was dumb af.

I blame that on the pills though. Army guy from the minute he stepped in and wanted to help. Spotted the tail that Jessica didn't, suggested sniping Kilgrave, said they needed a professional driver and a team for Kilgraves extraction. Tried to get Jessica out before he blew up the house. He was effective and capable and on the money about how the plans should have been executed the entire series until he got blown up. Blown up because JJ told Kilgrave about the bomb.
>>
>>63122530
She was drunk, surprise surprise she's a terrible super hero
>>
>>63122860
>>had a legitimate chance to reform Kilgrave
>>nah I'll just drug and torture him
>>even after that he seems like he's willing to work things out with his parents
>>nah just stab him

agreed

The series took a nosedive after a couple promising episodes when he was locked up.
>>
>>63122897

Didn't realize her super strength was depleted when she was intoxicated.
>>
>mentally and physically tortures a captive man who literally has no concept of right and wrong
>hero

batman would have duct taped him and put him in a soundproof cell in arkham. he would have gotten therapy through a glass window with a reciever.

Jessica Jones is the SJW necksnapper
>>
>>63122279
>How is this person a hero in any sense of the word?

She isn', that's kind of the point of the show. It's view on violence and vigilante justice is very similar to Watchmen. One where heroes are generally terrible people and even those that aren't end up being forced to do horrible things to achieve their goals. It makes a great deal of commentery and asks lots of questions regarding matters like the 'just following orders' dilemma, using deadly force to stop criminals, how much collateral damage can be justified and so on.

For example, Hope ends up in prison because Killgrave made her kill her parents. Society doesn't recognize Killgrave's powers and assumes Hope is a murderer because she doesn't have to follow Killgraves orders under normal circumstances. But apply that logic to say a chain of command in a military organization where people are forced to obey orders and you end up with a reality where a commander isn't responsible to anythig that happens in a war because he only gave orders. And on the flip side if Hope isn't reposible then you can say that the soldier isn't either and he can carry out any order no matter how terrible.

The show also examines concepts like revenge justice, in the case of Simpson waging his own little personal war on Killgrave, and vigilante justice in the case of the support group deciding to kill Jones. Notice for example that the lynch mob ends up literally hanging themselves, that's hardly an accidental piece of symbolism.
>>
>>63122932
It was anticlimactic as shit. The big ending was him trying to escape on a boat and have a dozen people beat each other up. Did they run out of funds? I was expecting the scale to be five times larger. He got a giant boost to his powers and yet nothing fucking changed.
>>
>>63123039

You're not wrong, but you're generously giving it a lot of credit for its poor execution of these themes. The Watchmen thing is a stretch, nowhere near the depth and forethought involved in that series.
>>
>>63122860
>>63122932
>>63123056
You guys are retarded. You do realize that Kilgrave before he did that heroic shit told his neighbour to give the bomb to simpson and kill herself with it. He was only trying to get Jess's love, he wasn't sincere in the slightest and if you thought so you are pretty brain dead even for capeshit.
>>
>>63123039
lmao fuck off you just liked watching her get blacked you fucking c uck
>>
intellectual dishonesty is the worst meme on 4chan
>>
>>63123106

>you're generously giving it a lot of credit for its poor execution of these themes.

Regardless of the quality of the execution, the themes are still there. Also, Watchmen having an influence on the show doesn't mean I say it's a better show, it's just pointing out that actually the show isn't exactly breaking much new ground since capeshit cover this kind of stuff decades ago.
>>
>>63123056

It really was, just mind bogglingly deflating and anticlimactic. "I'm not sexist but...." I feel like some of the problem is that female writers/showrunner aren't that well versed in action, comic books, noir, etc. And couldn't really carry out clever plot turns or intrigue within the genre.
>>
>>63122279
>How is this person a hero in any sense of the word?

In the ancient Greek sense, she's very much a hero - a person who performs great deeds and suffers greatly on their journey.

>She didn't even have any intentions of telling robyn that her brother died and was dumped in a river.

You're right. She intended to get herself thrown in a supermax prison for life by taking responsibility for it, though.
>>
>>63123130
kilgrave had no idea how to be sincere. he was literally fucked in the head from having shit parents who never even tried to raise him correctly. she could have taught him, but she didn't care and thought it best to torture and eventually snap his neck because the alternative would be just too hard and time consuming.
>>
>>63123156
It had some great writing, the dominant BBC role just really sealed the deal for me. Cage was BUCK in this fucking show, if they showed a little penetration it would've been GOAT.
>>
>>63123217
after that happened, she still didn't want to tell her that the faggot was dead. shit she was upset when she found out at all.
>>
>>63123232
No you fucking retard, his parents tried to save him, he lied about the abuse, did you even pay attention? The series showed again and again that he lies about almost everything that comes out of his mouth.

>muh parents

Just fuck off dude.
>>
>>63123130

So she could still work with him to neutralize his potential violence rather than exacerbating it. He could have benefited from her friendship and guidance seeing as he'd never had either. Or she could have taken his life at an earlier point. She only made it worse, and racked up fatalities, because she stabbed him in the back.
>>
>>63123280
there were times during the sex scenes where i just wished the white boi upstairs would show up and get told to sit in the corner and watch.

yes i watched them multiple times so i can get as much of an idea as possible of his size and girth
>>
>>63123156

It was only anti-climatic if you were looking for a massive epic as fuck set piece like you get in big blockbusters The real source of tension is supposed to be that we didn't know whether or not Jones was still immune to his powers.
>>
>>63123304
>No you fucking retard, his parents tried to save him, he lied about the abuse, did you even pay attention?

Not that anon but calm down with personal attacks friend, it's only capeshit.

The truth about his parents was somewhere in the middle. There were other children after all. Their work was clandestine and immoral at best, and likely destructive to Kevin and however many other children.
>>
>>63123307
You again are missing the fucking point of grave's character, embarrassing, the entire arc of his character was even though he couldn't control her with his powers he was still in complete control. He was manipulating her and nothing he ever said to her was genuine, he just wanted her obedience because he is obsessed with control. How do you people even watch shitty capeshit shows like this if you can't even grasp the characters?
>>
>>63123304
>lied about the abuse
>forced down and has needles forced into his spine
>forced to play with puzzle pieces for hours on end
>videos of other children being forced to do the same
>taunted for crying

lmao kill yourself captain bbc dick swallower
>>
>>63123341
Please stop. It's not that funny. People are trying to talk about the show.
>>
>>63123344

are you the themes guy?

>>63123205
>Regardless of the quality of the execution, the themes are still there.

>>63123344
>The real source of tension is supposed to be that we didn't know whether or not Jones was still immune to his powers.

Because its the same thing. Yeah, that was supposed to be the crux of the tension there in that final scene but again, failed in the execution. Simply introducing, or understand a theme or what a scene is trying to communicate isn't the same as it's presentation being well done. The set piece didnt have to be grandiose, but it should be dynamic, memorable, something.
>>
Fake Emma Stone is cute

Giraffe Jones is the worst character in the show
>>
>>63123356
Right but they WERE trying to save him, Grave never said a full truth the entire time. The only time he states his real feelings for Jessica is when he's on the balcony and says he wants her to be in her own personal hell because he can't control her. Even without his powers he is a master of manipulation. That's why his character was so sinister.

>>63123389
Again he was still lying, once he got the powers he abused them indefinitely, and they WERE trying to cure his degenerative disease. He was always in control from then on, how fucking retarded can these c
>>
>>63122346
2/10
>>
>manages to really incapacitate and capture Kilgrave 3 times plus several other meetings
>he escapes every time
that's just poor writing
I would've preferred the Daredevil method where there's just 2 meetings
the first after painstaking efforts where he gets his ass whooped and the second fight to the finish
>>
File: krysten-ritter-christian.png (759 KB, 1328x620) Image search: [Google]
krysten-ritter-christian.png
759 KB, 1328x620
Reminder.
>>
>>63122279
Why is the girl from Breaking Bad choking Susan Sarandon?
>>
>>63122441
confirmed for not reading Alias. Jewel is barely in anything, she's almost totally backstory.
>>
>>63123442
why couldnt they be good parents and instill simple ideas of right and wrong for the 10 years up until he got his powers?

you're blaming an abused 10 year old for taking out his pain and frustration on the very people who abused him, probably on a daily basis.

kill yourself.
>>
>>63123427
>The set piece didnt have to be grandiose, but it should be dynamic, memorable, something.

hurr durr entertain me!
>>
>>63123503
Because they were trying to save him, that doesn't excuse what they did, they are both to blame, he grew up and had plenty of time to heal, he was a true born socipath who had no remorse at all and had no problems killing his parents who loved him in his own way and tried to cure him. People like you who let off truly evil people because of bad upbringings are absolutely bottom of the barrel mongoloids. They still have choice, he knows what right and wrong is, but once he got his powers he choose to inflict his will on people, even into his late 30's. honestly just fuck off man, you got blown the fuck out already, it's over
>>
>>63122279
is a hero not allowed to have flaws?
>>
>>63122860
>>63122932
Figures 4chan anons would empathize with Kilgrave and act like he was done wrong or some shit. It was all bullshit, another angle he was working.
>>
>>63123479
>celebrating christmas equates to being a christian and/or upholding christian values

Nice try, kirk cameron
>>
>>63122279
Why is her neck so long?
>>
>>63123578
a hero doesn't go around snapping necks, ripping heads off of corpses, preventing people from knowing that their loved ones have died painful deaths, and manipulating decent people to alleviate their own sense of guilt and failure.
>>
>>63123597
What do you expect? These are the retards who would fall for Grave's schemes in a second. They completely fell for his act. Embarrassing.
>>
>>63123614
That's what happens when you try to deepthroat Cage's huge as fuck steel skinned BBC. You get giraffed.
>>
>>63123626
>he fell for jessica jones' sjw screeching and hypocritical goodguy/badguy whining
>>
>>63122403
>It's like nobody involved in this show got the character at all.
Except that they did
Jessica is a fucking cunt in the comics and in the series
Her life is a mess, she's an alcoholic, the first time she hooks up with Luke is because she wanted to feel something else(that being:anal pain)
She only starts to have a better life after her daughter is born, because even in Pulse, when she thought everything was going to be ok, Luke Cage almost fucking dies, goes missing, she thinks she loses the baby because of Osborn and then, when she finally finds Luke, Danny says she's lying about the baby being Cage's
She's not a hero in any sense of the word, and she's not likable, she's an egoist cunt, exactly like they did in the show
>>
>>63123565

lmao

not that anon but dude,

>>63123565
>honestly just fuck off man, you got blown the fuck out already, it's over

Come on.

>>63123565
>he was a true born socipath

He wasn't. Being treated like a lab rat by the people who were supposed to teach and nurture him, then gaining powers that any 10 year old, yet alone one so scarred, would have a hard time understanding, then growing up with those powers, which where actually a curse...made him a sociopath

Also his mom stabbed him. They came there to kill him, so... he killed her instead.
>>
>>63123427

I want to point out that I >>63123344 was meant as a reply to >>63123056. His complaint isn't that the execution is bad, but rather thant he scale wasn't big enough for him. Which is kind of an absurd thing to say when, as I said, the scene was trying to work a completely different angle than movies like Avengers where entire cities are leveled or getting lifted off the ground.

Also, you do understand that you and I are having two completely different discussions right? I'm talking about a theme of the show and you're talking about execution? That's like me talking about costumes and you responding by saying that the show had a shitty soundtrack.
>>
>>63123626
>Embarrassing.

You keep saying that, it's cute.
>>
>>63123688
don't even try he's got his fucking head firmly nestled in his own ass
>>
>>63123664

You Motherfucker.
>>
>>63122279
>female is equal if she has super powers
>except she still gets rekt by men without superpowers
>and she's incredibly stupid and incompetent

if this is a feminist victory, then I'd hate to see them lose.

The only real SJW thing about this show is its glorification of black people versus white people
>>
>>63123708
>I'm talking about a theme of the show and you're talking about execution? That's like me talking about costumes and you responding by saying that the show had a shitty soundtrack.

I dunno anon. Might have to agree to disagree on this one as I feel they go hand in hand, theme and execution. A theme's only poignant if it's well executed. Which for me it wasn't really, but if you dug it that's cool, no sarcasm, I wanted to.
>>
File: tumblr_ltw666q3zK1r2g7mto1_500.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltw666q3zK1r2g7mto1_500.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>ending is literally just Man of Steel
>hero snaps the bad guys neck
>>
>>63123688
Of course she came to kill him, she loved him but she knew he created a monster and that he had to be stopped. He made her burn half her face off with an iron, and literally has killed 100s of people by the power of sugesstion. I already said it doesn't excuse what the parents did, but grave KNOWS right and wrong, he isn't a 10 year old anymore, he's an intellectual who enjoys taking everything from people and will say anything to get the upper hand. Come the fuck on.

>>63123712
That's really the only description possible for people outright dismissing Killgrave's intent and actually thinking that he could change when they were at Jess's house, even though before they went to save people he already told her to detonate the bomb, and he had plenty of time to stop it before it happened. He does not give a fuck, and uses his parents as a justification for outright murder and complete disregard for human life. Of course they ran experiments on him, they were fucking ass holes, but at the same time they were trying to save him as well. I just don't get you people, normal non mentally ill people would learn forgiveness by that time. He would've made his parents kill themselves even if she never stabbed him. He was just waiting for his moment, playing the act until he again had the upperhand.
>>
>>63123658
>muh suhjuhwuh

You bend over backwards to make your heart bleed for Kilgrave, probably because you're butthurt that the protagonist that took him down "is a feminazi" or some stupid shit.

Although I'm curious, what's your opinion on the girls who go to ridiculous lengths to defend Loki?
>>
Can someone summarize what happened so I don't have to watch it? I got 30 minutes into the first episode and dropped it but I worry I might miss something in future shows.
>>
>>63122393
Americans don't understand noir. There's no use trying to explain it. To them, a good film consists of a flawless hero fighting and killing an unquestionably evil villain.
>>
>>63123745
she got btfo by a weak pasty woman with a 2x4.

shit, her normie sidekick used her powers better than her in 30 secs of getting the.

Idk if it's a weak protagonisht or if all the women in this show all around were weak af. When the story wasn't based around the Junkie, Luke, Kilgrave, or Simpson it was a soap opera.
>>
She's a hero for ugly, bad acting people everywhere who should never be filmed but somehow...are
>>
>>63123829
>Americans don't understand noir.

America is responsible for the majority of the greatest films of the genre anon, that's silly. We pretty much gave the world film noir.
>>
>>63123822
jessica jones is a woman with dead parents who got given super strength powers

she drinks alcohol and finds people as a PI

she got raped or some shit by Doctor Who, who can tell people what to do and they obey.

then she gets fucked by a big black cock (but she killed the black guy's wife)

then Simpson goes nuclear to try to stop jessica because she's a shit superhero

then doctor who gets a bunch of people to do Thriller, then Jessica snaps his neck like in Man of Steel

there's also a shitty lesbian subplot with a lawyer lady who looks like claire from house of cards
>>
>>63123688
Even if we go with your theory that he's not a sociopath, just because someone had terrible things happen to them, it doesn't give them a pass to do equally terrible things for the rest of their life. Some people can't be saved. Even people who have tragedy in their past. It's sad, but it's life. You acknowledge that they were hurt, but you still take them out because it's what needs to be done to save other people from being hurt.
>>
>>63123800
>but grave KNOWS right and wrong
just like something a braindead shithead would say who has no idea of how fundamental the earliest years in a child's life are for creating basic morality. Let alone having them reinforced for decades, while at the exact same time dealing with abandonment issues and having every whim of yours catered to.

just because someone tells a sociopath right from wrong, doesn't mean they know what it is inherently.
>>
File: hellcat.png (895 KB, 813x958) Image search: [Google]
hellcat.png
895 KB, 813x958
>>63123846
>shit, her normie sidekick used her powers better than her in 30 secs of getting the.

Goddamnit, you're right. Those 30 seconds were more exciting than anything Jess did, it should have been about Hellcat.
>>
>>63123745
Strong characters are what they're asking for. You're misunderstanding, which isn't surprising.
>>
File: frumb dogposter.jpg (24 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
frumb dogposter.jpg
24 KB, 499x499
>strong female characters just end up being psychopaths
>>
>>63123914
Alright then, thanks family
>>
>>63123948
I already stated he was a sociopath, sociopaths know right and wrong. They just choose to ignore it and have no remorse for whatever they do. Thanks for agreeing with me chap.
>>
>>63123954
they're asking for Saints, and they're getting Saints. By hiding your flaws, you are not strong. You are weak and cowardly.
>>
>>63123892
Americans of this generation are not what Americans once were. Don't take credit for their achievements.
>>
>>63123925

I don't disagree. I said he wasn't born a sociopath, but made one.

>but you still take them out

Agreed. Jessica could have taken him out from the get go or simply stepped aside and let Simpson do it. What's worse is torturing and abusing Kilgrave further, making him act out even more. I know, she was projecting onto Hope's cause, but still.
>>
>>63124039
>Don't take credit for their achievements.

Literally Europe: The Continent
>>
>>63124042
She would've killed him if it wasn't for hope. That was the only reason, truth is she wanted him to be alive in some twisted way, she kinda loved him just like the joker and batman love eachother. In a co-dependent psychotic kind of way.
>>
>>63124093
nah she wouldn't have killed him, just ran away like she wanted to in the first episode because she's a shit "hero"
>>
File: 1257292142061.jpg (77 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
1257292142061.jpg
77 KB, 432x432
>if you play loud music or use ear-plugs, you're literally immune to his power
>>
File: 1358880330175.jpg (14 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
1358880330175.jpg
14 KB, 251x241
>>63123846
>Hellcat
>a normie
>>
File: 38883184.jpg (111 KB, 740x493) Image search: [Google]
38883184.jpg
111 KB, 740x493
>>63122279
>>
>>63124023
>they're asking for Saints, and they're getting Saints.

You're simply wrong. But you're committed to your view, so anything I say will be wasting both our time.
>>
>>63124151
i thought it was through a virus... although in the beginning he appeared to be telekinetic.

idk why they did some stupid shit like a virus, when they could have easily said he's telekinetic or something along those lines.
>>
>>63124143
That's what makes her an interesting hero. She's the postergirl for anti-hero and even at the end she is still reluctant to take the role of hero again. And do you know why? She actually was a superhero, but she got taken by Kilgrave and after that and what she had done under his influence she couldn't live with herself and the delusion that she could do good.

>>63124151
You are still under effect of his pheromones, but you can't hear his suggestion so how would you be affected?
>>
>>63124235
In the comics it's pheromones, why would the disregard the source material like that? Pheromones means he isn't as powerful as he looks, virus makes the whole pheromone bit seem more plausible.
>>
File: race is a social construct.jpg (1 MB, 2836x2000) Image search: [Google]
race is a social construct.jpg
1 MB, 2836x2000
>>63124218
>lalala I can't hear you, nananana
>>
>>63124291
it being a virus is retarded.
>>
>>63124325
Pheromones are viruses dipshit. Jesus christ.
>>
Daredevil
>Grew up in poverty with deadbeat drunk dad
>lived through blindness and his fathers brutal murder by gangsters
>channeled his anger and helplessness by getting into Columbia Law School while becoming an olympic level athlete
>Goes out of his way to help people as a lawyer then puts himself in danger to save peoples lives as a superhero
>a real human bean and bro

Jessica Jones
>Gets mind controlled by a bad guy, admittedly a bad thing
>This event completely fucks her shit up so that she becomes a sociopathic uncaring drunk who brutalizes other people for revenge
>We are somehow supposed to feel that her shit attitude is justified when we just saw Daredevil grow up blind and with no dad to become a selfless and heroic saint
>A total fucking skank

Daredevil > Jessica "Skank" Jones
>>
>>63124405
HOLY SHIT somebody cap this retard.

fucking epic lul
>>
>>63123880
DOUCHEBAG
O
U
C
H
E
B
A
G
>>
File: sanjuro4.jpg (42 KB, 467x442) Image search: [Google]
sanjuro4.jpg
42 KB, 467x442
>>63124405
>Pheromones are viruses dipshit. Jesus christ.
No more talking for you.
>>
File: 1430054134964.png (763 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1430054134964.png
763 KB, 800x800
>>63124452

what the fuck is wrong with tumblrites? do they consider this to be a show that conveys a healthy contemporary morality?
>>
>>63124452
i think it's warranted that you can add Luke onto that and he'll still turn out better than jessica.
>>
>>63124039
>back in my days...

fuck off
>>
>>63124535
women can do no wrong. A man does what she does? He's everything bad with the world. She does it? Empowered woman.
>>
>>63124633
if kilgrave was a woman, would he even have "superpowers"?
>>
Why couldn't we get a show about a decent female character like She Hulk instead?
>>
>>63124683
well no, that'd just be a sexual fantasy for middle-aged men then
>>
>>63124498
>>63124480
Pheromones increase some vectors of viruses, mostly in plants, by saying that it acts like a virus, he was saying that the pheremones act that way. Come on guys really?
>>
>>63124683
>if kilgrave was a woman
That would be sexist, anon.
>>
>>63122684
maybe he meant it was a long cut.
>>
File: Hulks.jpg (71 KB, 475x548) Image search: [Google]
Hulks.jpg
71 KB, 475x548
>>63124704
>Why couldn't we get a show about a decent female character like She Hulk instead?

Agreed. Her most recent Soule run was great and it/she could be done on a Netflix budget.
>>
>>63124743
he didn't say it acts like a virus. He said, and I quote "Pheromones are viruses"

They are not, they are chemical compounds
>>
>>63124890
Nah I'm pretty tired but that's what I meant, he says it's like a virus because whatever he produces inside him is carried along a vector with pheromones. That's the science behind pollination and most plant life. Pheromones literally act as a carrier for them.
>>
File: 1443401468810.png (96 KB, 519x370) Image search: [Google]
1443401468810.png
96 KB, 519x370
>>63124887
>you will never see their inbred sons in live action
>>
>>63122420
So is Wolverine. He's still a superhero.
>>
>>63124452
You forgot that she was raped for years.
And forced to murder someone. I am not trying to save her characterization but come on.
>>
>>63125181
>You forgot that she was raped for years.
6 months.
>>
>>63125214
To call it a rape doesn't really do it justice. Do you remember the Borg episode in TNG where picard get's captured by them? Then like 2 episodes later on earth literally breaks down in front of him because he regrets all he did and not being able to fight their grasp on him? It's just like that, rape is pussy shit compared to what Killgrave does to his victims.
>>
I don't like how predictable this show is. Everytime she captured the purple man you knew he was going to get free and escape.
>>
This show needs to properly show the scope of Jessica Jewesses powers because its very vague how strong she isband what she can do.
>>
>>63125049
>>you will never see their inbred sons in live action

From Old Man Logan?
>>
>>63125490
She is as strong as the plot demands her to be.
>>
>>63122279
Why did she keep calling Jessica a cougar?
>>
>>63125551
Yeah.
>>
>>63125490
>its very vague how strong she is and what she can do.
the problem is that their writers will ret-con her powers every episode, depending on what she's fighting. One episode she literally leaps from the street and "flies" away, another episode she can't jump over a crowd of people. One episode she can stop a moving car, another she gets overpowered by a roided-up cop.
>>
File: 117087022.jpg (28 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
117087022.jpg
28 KB, 399x400
>>63122279
>Jessica Jones is a hero

You're pretty fucking retarded OP.
>>
>>63125626
The cop was on some battle stimulants and she was wounded pretty badly already. Those pills turned trish into hellcat I think so they aint nothing to fuck with.
>>
File: 1447982646379.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1447982646379.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>tfw it's capeshit without the cape
>>
File: old man logan.jpg (28 KB, 449x502) Image search: [Google]
old man logan.jpg
28 KB, 449x502
>>63125597

Yea, It's a shame Fox is even using the story imo, think they'll butcher it anyway, espec w/o the Marvel characters. I'd rather see Huge Jacked Man come back to it in ten years when Marvel inevitably gets 'em back or they work together. That way, Red Skull, Clint, Hulks, etc.
>>
is this show good? i see it has a 92 on rotten tomatoes.
>>
>>63125685
>hellcat
>literally just stabs a dude and then gets her shit reked until Jessica saves her
>>
>>63124452
You forgot to add

Daredevil
>created in the 60's

Jessica Jones
>created in the 00's under the MAX imprint

might have something to do with it. I swear, anons willfully have no concept of context just so they can frame everything with "lolwomen".
>>
>>63125710
Depends are you a fan of BLACKED?
>>
>>63124704
Most of the good female characters in Marvel are stuck in teams.

There was a rumor of a Thunderbolts series, seeing the Songbird/Moonstone rivalry in live action would be fun.
>>
>>63125587
she saw her brother as a young innocent kid.
>>
>>63125710

Not really, no. Can't suggest it. It's almost worth it for Tennant because he is great but is forced to job so hard to bad writing. The two other best characters, Luke and Patsy, don't get nearly enough time. JJ herself isn't all that engaging.

Flash, Daredevil, iZombie are all better
>>
>>63124631
get fucked, little bitch.
>>
>>63122450
It's true, faggot. It's fanfic tier bullshit. Just because you don't agree doesn't invalidate it, homo. Some shit is said because it's true, gaywad.
>>
>>63125757
She isn't exactly hellcat yet is she? She is still forming her new powers that the experimental drugs gave her. She didn't exactly win like you said. God are people really this clueless?
>>
>>63125685
>takes pills
>fights for 20seconds
>has a stroke or some shit
lmao
>>
>>63125845
Just like the cop said would happen. Without the blue her lungs would stop breathing.

>yfw Trish took the literal red pill
>>
>>63125845

Should have listened to Simpson: The Series
>>
File: 1358768783339.jpg (10 KB, 370x300) Image search: [Google]
1358768783339.jpg
10 KB, 370x300
>>63125813
>>
>>63125836
I was under the impression that the drug was temporary under any circumstances. I don't read comics, but is it implied that she now has powers just because she popped one pill?
>>
So is Jessica going to have a formal costume like Dare Devil has or will she just be in street clothes?
>>
>Daredevil
Likeable and belivable MC
Great flashbacks
Great fight sequences
Intimidating villain
Reall struggle between being a vigilante and a hero
MC does not want to kill because he is catholic and knows there is no coming back, real dilemma.

>Jessica Jones
One of the most insufferable cast ever
Shittastic MC
Villain motivation is literally "muh waifu"
Fights are one of the worst in TV history
MC doesn't want to kill because ONE GIRL got raped.

How can Netflix got DD so good and JJ so bad?
>>
>>63122279
she has such a weird head
>>
>>63125813
Honestly the writing is actually really good and you have a nice buck with superhuman BBC pounding the main character in explicit scenes. Fuck man like you've got the characters, you've got the writing, and you got the BBC, what more do you want? For JJ to get spitroast by 4 BBCs at once until she passes out from the ecstasy? Stop being insecure and accept our inferiority to the mighty

BIG

BLACK

COCK
>>
>>63125892
gotta save Hope dude. Fuck the fact that keeping Purple Man alive cost like 20+ people their lives, INCLUDING HOPE.
>>
>>63125910
I'm only assuming, I haven't read many JJ comics, just a few, but I think maybe the drugs actually work on her and she develops superhuman strength as well, IGH is what gave JJ her powers in the first place.
>>
and she man of murdered her villian while daredevils villian gets proper justice
>>
>>63125892
if they had listened to simpson from the start they would have saved a significant amount of lives

>hurr we'll just have him put in prison.
>no way he can manipulate an open court if he ever even got that far

are they retarded?
>>
>>63125951
Hindsight is an amazing thing.
>>
>>63125915
>fights are worst

Yea this is bad. All Jessica does is throws people over and over.
>>
File: hellcatalaska23_zpsc99170ab.jpg (186 KB, 768x611) Image search: [Google]
hellcatalaska23_zpsc99170ab.jpg
186 KB, 768x611
>>63125910

Yea, i dunno why anon thinks thats the case
>>
>>63125915
desu the cast for jessica jones was fine aside from the blonde talk show girl.

the cast brought the best to the show, especially her black neighbor imo
>>
>>63125976
She murdered a man who could mind control anyone he came in contact with.
>>
>>63126040
>aside from the blonde talk show girl.

She was terrific. Good performance, endearing, beautiful.
>>
>>63125991
Doesn't require hindsight to know that keeping him alive was incredibly stupid.
>>
>>63125991
not really hindsight if every interaction you have with him, or even if you get to a place after he's been there causes 2-3 deaths at least
>>
>>63126001
and all luke did was take hits like a brick wall and deliver one punch
except the luke v jessica fight which was the one decent fight in the whole 13 episodes, and even then it was a pile of horseshit compared to daredevils
>>
>>63126040
All the neighbors were good in my opinion. Everyone was good I particularly enjoyed Simpsons character arc from bumbling cop to loving protector of talk show girl to homicidal super soldier.
>>
>>63122279
Marvel doesnt have real heroes.
>>
why doesn't jess just learn krav maga like her friend?

i'm sure her friend would teach her.
>>
>>63125967
Hellcat got powers in the comic because she was pumped full of demon semen.
>>
>>63126111
he was never bumbling, just confused/poorly wound and seemed to use being mind controlled as an excuse to get back into old spec ops shit.
>>
>>63126138
Jessica would accidentally mill talk show girl in a sparring session. JJ is not a hero you trust in being able to control herself she clearly sucks at being a superhero.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 309x309
This segment from DD had more emotion than entierity of JJ.

When you root for villain who rapes and kills everyone you fucked up big time.
>>
>>63126175
luke cage blacked her too?
>>
>>63126219
This. In my eyes purple man is not bad just fucked up and lacks the ability to decipher right and wrong. He made that glaringly clear when he helped save that guy from killing himself. He basically suffers from autism.
>>
Whenevr Jessica "jumped" I couldn't believe how bad the effect was.

Like...60s era Iron Man bad.
>>
>>63126220
She was married with Son of Satan.
>>
>>63126275
It's exactly how wonder woman showed her jumping power in the 70's TV show. 45 years later they still use the same terrible effect.
>>
>>63126291
Obama is in a comic?
>>
>>63126267
Comic Kilgrave at least had ruthless spy background before getting powers.

This Kilgrave is just a 6 years old mentally.
>>
>>63126346
Yes
>>
>>63125912
Jessica is strong drunkard who gets black cock, that is her role.

Daredevil trolls Spiderman and is one of thebetter heroes in MCU.
>>
>>63126348
fits with how tumblrites view all men.

he's just obsessed with JESSICA and needs to be loved despite already having fucked her 1000 times and having the ability to get any other girl in the city.
>>
>tfw looking up the writing staff

literally no wonder why the writing is so shit
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 721x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 721x405
I am actually watching DD now and this guy might be my favourite capeshit character ever.
>>
>>63126502
Hes basically white Morpheus you faggot
>>
>>63126389
>White mask is the villian
>White men are the villians

ÇUCK
>>
This isn't really a superhero series. It's noir in a superhero universe. Even the opening title sequence sort of goes for that feel.
>>
>>63122279
she fucks a nigger. i don't think anyone is calling her a hero
>>
>>63122279
When did Rowan Atkinson get a titjob?
>>
>>63126543
They're married in the comics. At least last I checked.

Would be kind of weird to ignore it.
>>
I liked Luke Cage,and Kilgrave, that is pretty much it.

Also memes aside, it really kinda reeks of extreme political correctness.

I mean...gays and minorities everywhere?
Really?
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (74 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
74 KB, 720x540
>>63126575
>They're married in the comics
>>
>>63126540
>>63126540
>this is noir
shut the fuck up
>>
>>63126584
Yeah, you'd be an idiot to outright deny that it's pushing a few agendas. Really brings down the entire show.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 340x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 340x425
I seriously am more excited for next season of Daredevil than for Star Wars.

Fucking Punisher is the "villain".
>>
>>63126648
good contribution

any other thoughts?
>>
>>63126584
>new york

eh, pretty much hits the mark but for tv it is shoehorned.
>>
>>63126540
>Even the opening title sequence sort of goes for that feel.

It sure as fuck isn't going for originality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuEaOHtpuY0
>>
>>63126665
Let me guess you thought the winter soldier was a "political thriller" also you dumb piece f shit.
>>
File: 128885775739.jpg (480 KB, 1246x931) Image search: [Google]
128885775739.jpg
480 KB, 1246x931
>>63126619
Here's a spoiler for future seasons
>>
>>63126663
holy shit.

hyped.
>>
>>63126689
I'm not sure anyone would ever claim that Marvel goes for originality on anything, though. WOuldn't exactly single out this series for that statement.
>>
>>63126663
Shit. I didn't want yo watch this, I dislike most capeshit, but punisher was my edgy idol as a teen.
>>
>>63126694
>i bet you thought x, stupid
>shut up
I'm glad you're here, anon! keep up the quality posting!
>>
File: 1448611736508.png (408 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
1448611736508.png
408 KB, 600x437
FULL
U
L
L

RETARDED
E
T
A
R
D
E
D
>>
>>63126712
So if the other shows are shit, then I shouldn't shit on this one?

Nah, Jessica Jones is a fecal pastry. It's easily the worst thing to come out of the MCU since Agents of S.H.I.T.

I'm not even talking about her relationship with Luke Cage. The story arcs were badly written and uninteresting, the action scenes were lazily done, the acting was subpar, and the overall tone had been accomplished much better many times in the past.
This simply isn't a good show, and its biggest fault is how hard it's trying to be. The rest of the MCU knows what it is and doesn't give a shit. This is working so hard on being serious drama it's kind of sad to see.

So yes, I am singling out this awful fucking television series for being exceptionally bad.
>>
>>63122450
>>
File: 14408366531.png (119 KB, 765x263) Image search: [Google]
14408366531.png
119 KB, 765x263
>>63126839
says you.
>>
>>63126839
No no, you should shit on any show that's shit.

Just saying this title hardly stands out as especially unoriginal from any other Marvel property.
>>
>>63126839
The thing is DD is still capeshit but manages to handle drama and noir tone perfectly.

The problem lies within writers/directors.

JJ was clearly written not in the context of making a good show but in the context of current social climate.
>>
>>63126886
Actually there are quite a few marvel properties that have shown at least some creativity all joking aside.
Jones is not one of those.
>>
File: found the slut.jpg (273 KB, 640x772) Image search: [Google]
found the slut.jpg
273 KB, 640x772
>>63122450
>every board is a feminist board but /pol/
Kik?
>>
>>63126921
>JJ was clearly written not in the context of making a good show but in the context of current social climate.
Wait, does this show change after the first 3 episodes? First three episodes don't feel this way at all.
>>
>>63126921
>JJ was clearly written not in the context of making a good show but in the context of current social climate.

The absolute fucking truth.
>>
>>63126881
>PTSD
>Rosenberg

Anybody notice that the more right /pol/ is about something the more adamant the sjws get?
>>
>>63127148
>implying a memeboard on 4chan has any clout whatsoever
Top Kek
>>
File: WW 2x14 (02).webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WW 2x14 (02).webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Why are the effects worse than 70s tier?
>>
>>63126999
No, people are exaggerating. This is a bait thread.
>>
>>63127181
The same reason your mom didn't get an abortion
>>
>>63127148

/pol/ never has and will never be right, reddit.
>>
>>63122768
>>63122847
lol cry more faggot
>>
>>63127204
Because she loved me? I don't get it
>>
>>63126999
It gets worse anon.

>>63127200
You can go fuck yourself Rosenberg. If you wanted views for your pile of shit show, then why didn't you upload it to youtube?
>>
>>63126999
>>63127244
Note the lack of examples. In case you still weren't sure this was all bait.
>>
>>63127244
She already has views, it's critically claimed..
Who cares what a bunch of neck-beards think about it tbqh
>>
>>63127216
And yet a Jewish producer blatantly promoted racemixing and portrayed all white straight males as either cowardly or evil on a show run by a family company.

It's literally everything /pol/ whines about daily, except now it's an actual thing. I mean, that's not even an opinion. That's a fucking fact. The show is there for all to see.

And the severe and knee-jerk backlash to the negative opinions of the show just seems to make it even more clear. On the rare occasion that /pol/ actually manages to hit the nail on the head, its antithesis gets even more angry and defensive.
>>
>>63127267
>examples posted throughout the thread
>"Note the lack of examples"

Anon, we can't all live in denial.
>>
>>63123217

No she's an Aristotelian hero, like Faust, not an ancient Greek one. Not all of ancient greece can be put into one box you pseud
>>
>>63125710
I thought it was really good, and general opinion outside of 4chan is that it's good.

Of course /tv/ hates it because of the evil SJWs and BLACKED.
>>
>>63124452
Christians > atheists
>>
The show isn't bad, but it isn't great either. Kilgrave is great, and Ritter has her moments but i don't think she should be ever cast in a role that requires physical prowess.

Her fight scenes were terrible, she has absolutely no grace in her movement. Hell, the scene where Patsy eats Simpson pills and fights him was tiers better than any of Jessica's ones.

Luke Cage casting also sucks, there is absolutely no chemistry between him and Jessica, and he is generally played by a bad actor.
>>
File: 29413851.jpg (372 KB, 1220x680) Image search: [Google]
29413851.jpg
372 KB, 1220x680
>>63127364
>promoted racemixing
Why does /pol/ never complain when there's a white male doing the race mixing or when a white male is saving the day against minorities?
Hypocrisy much?
>>
File: 2097033-af5_2.jpg (395 KB, 551x766) Image search: [Google]
2097033-af5_2.jpg
395 KB, 551x766
>>63124683
He has a daughter, and other children, with the same power set
>>
>>63127470
>Luke Cage casting also sucks
I thought the same thing, he's bland af. I was really going for Terry Crews even though he's kind of old.
>>
>>63127477
Because he ended up with MEW in the end, a white woman.
>>
>>63127477
>Why does /pol/ never complain when there's a white male doing the race mixing or when a white male is saving the day against minorities?

>implying it didn't
>>
>>63127576
A niche amount maybe, the majority love to look the other way unless it's a mandigo taking their white women.
>>
>>63124839
So a 2x8?
>>
Tennant made Kilgrave a comic relief character. It was shit.
>>
>>63126812
This bothered me the most.

Why the fuck even put Simpson in the show if you're gonna throw him away stupidly?
He is literally right about every single thing and forsees Jessica and Trish's multiple fuck-ups, telling them how they could have avoided it. Then he's suddenly the bad guy because he wants to make the people who fucked everything up so badly stand out of the way and take care of it himself?
>>
>>63127771
MRA's pls leave
>>
>>63127836
He is right.
>>
>>63127771
He's a bad guy in the comics, making him good suddenly is retarded.
>>
>Kilgrave

Was George Lucas in charge of naming the characters?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.