[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Hmm, how can I make the most meme cinematography possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: roger-deakins.jpg (100 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
roger-deakins.jpg
100 KB, 1000x667
>"Hmm, how can I make the most meme cinematography possible? What shot will impress Tony Zhou and reddit the most?"
>>
>>63119877
Tony Zhou is garbage.
>>
>>63120016
Tony Zhou is the greatest!
>>
DUDE MEME SHOTS LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO
>>
>>63120659
Hmm, the drug stuff I'd disgaree with. The meme shots one, I agree w. Meme cinematography is fucked up.
>>
>meme cinematography
Is this like everyone sperging out over orange and blue? Basically all you guys do is freak out when you're forced to acknowledge any sort of actual cinematic technique is used in filmmaking rather than things just being magically good.

Next time you see something and think "wow, that was good", just remember the director was probably making use of something he learned somewhere else. Maybe he had to think about it, apply it in a certain way, but he didn't come up with it out of thin air like a savant. Don't freak out when someone points that out to you.
>>
>>63120598
His "insights" are worthless.
>>
File: 1448517612935.jpg (143 KB, 735x490) Image search: [Google]
1448517612935.jpg
143 KB, 735x490
>>63120659
dank af m8

I know you do psychedelics. You have do psychedelics. Which ones? Tell me. Tell me your experiences. Do it faggot
>>
Elaborate on your opinion so I can fucking destroy you, please.
>>
Are you saying Roger Deacon doesn't deserve at least one Oscar win after all those nominations and years of being trumped by much worse efforts?
>>
>>63120016
>>63121310
guess he is getting to mainstream for /tv/
>>
>>63121368
That's a pretty cute post anon. Why are you being so fucking adorable right now?
>>
File: 3d2.png (551 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
3d2.png
551 KB, 600x515
>meme xxxx
>reddit xxxx
>>
>>63121310
HE is basically like, if an architect points at a building and goes, see the bricks? Arent the bricks interesting. He has no idea WTF he is actually talking about, hes just pointing out bricks
>>
>>63121461
If an architect points at bricks and says they're interesting, but I don't get it, I'm not just going to assume I'm right and he's wrong, since he's an architect he's probably the one with more insight.
>>
>>63121461
he is talking about cinematography , pointing out the bricks is literally the purpose of his videos. and he plays it safe too, he talks about kons transitions, Kurosawas movement, and jackie chan's patience ... this director/actors are already famous for these stuff.
>>
Deakins is pretty overrated. Every once in a while he'll do something cool with shadows, but otherwise, his shots rarely carry any meaning. They look pretty and little else.
>>
>>63121461
Sounds to me like you have no idea what you're talking about. Why would an architect not know about building materials?
>>
>>63119877
>>63120659
>>63120830
>>63121622
>it's an anon sits in his basement in his underwear and lectures other losers on how he knows more than a working, famous cinematographer

Neat!!!!!!!
>>
>>63121289
Relax, anon, it's just shitposting. Nobody on /tv/ believes just about anything they post.
>>
>>63121908
>it's just shitposting
>just
Shitposting is all this goddamn board is, I'm getting sick of it. The other boards aren't like this.
>>
Analysing cinematography is the shallowest and therefore easiest thing to do regarding cinema aesthetics. Finding a "pretty" shot and dissecting said shot is a ridiculously easy task that doesn't require high IQ. Montàge is where the thickness is at, and is by far the most studied aspect of filmmaking for a good reason.
>>
File: 3.jpg (16 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
16 KB, 450x360
>>63122073
>Montàge
lmao
>>
>>63122031
I find /v/ somehow even worse. It probably doesn't help that vidya is a hobby for manchildren, but the level of shitposting in /v/ is as bas as on /tv/.
>>
I can't stand the IMDB aesthetic that all of the flicks he shoots have.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.