[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: amazingspiderman.jpg (429 KB, 1162x1500) Image search: [Google]
amazingspiderman.jpg
429 KB, 1162x1500
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
>>63119508
Emo spider-man
Garfield didn't throw Odie from the table
>>
>Series literally ends with Spider-Man cradling his girlfriends shattered corpse as the villain essentially gets away scot free

BRAVO SONY
>>
>>63119719

He was in prison at the end you stupid fucka
>>
Bad scripts, wrong director and they tried to hard to differentiate themselves from the previous movies in "fixing" what wasn't broken and rebooting what didn't need rebooting. Basically, the same producers that fucked up Spider-Man 3 fucked up these as well. Go figure.
>>
File: Thpider-Man.jpg (368 KB, 533x621) Image search: [Google]
Thpider-Man.jpg
368 KB, 533x621
>>63119508
Convoluted mess. Tried too desperately to build a cinematic Universe like that of The Avengers. Series should have started with an established Spider-Man. Should have kept the story simple and had Electro as the villain in the sequel, with no Goblin. One of the few strong points were Garfield and Stone's chemistry, and they killed her off. Horrible cheesy 500 Days of Summer-esque montage scenes featuring music from the likes of Coldplay and U-fucking-2. I don't buy Peter as being nerdy and unpopular at all. Too many sympathetic villains, give us a guy that's just plain evil for the sake of being evil. Garfield was fine, but he was too old to play a high school kid... The list goes on and on.
>>
Awful writing
>>
And I'd do it...
FOR YOU! FOR YOU-HOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
File: banepermission.jpg (83 KB, 851x566) Image search: [Google]
banepermission.jpg
83 KB, 851x566
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

It will be extremely painful...
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 750x745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 750x745
Since this won't be getting a third entry; who was the mystery man at the end of the first one? Did they ever announce that?
>>
>>63121177
UUUU
>>
Because I can't find words enough to describe how absolutely awful Electro looked, and I cannot believe there wasn't an enormous backlash
>>
>>63120526
Yeah that holds supervillains so well
>>
>>63121384
Uncle Ben
>>
>>63119508
It didn't live up to the original series which wasn't very good anyways
>>
>>63119508
Honestly Peter needs to be black, the whole dynamic was trying to fit into the 2015 dichotomy of context, but with a BBC, I think it could've worked. We could've seen Gwen become a coalburner literally over night sucking that BSC, BIG SPIDER COCK
>>
>>63119508
They tried to reboot a failing franchise instead of selling it back to Marvel.
>>
>>63119508
>98th reboot of a recycled rewritten franchise

Gee I wonder.
>>
>>63122293
B-but... it was the f-first
>>
>>63119508
Pretty much everything but the romance and Denis Leary, Mark Webb was just the wrong choice for a capeshit movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>63119508
Isn't that the question of the day?
>>
>>63122436
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_in_film
>>
>>63121177
>>63119508
I saw the first on YouTube after it was just released on DVD and thought it was cool. not good. it had move effects and I liked Garfield. I was so enthused to see he second. I saw it opening night and the scene where the movie became a shitty music video. that's where I lost all hope. I thought electro was cool looking especially for a new style and the lightning he was shooting was awesome but that's as far as I will go to say that that movie is ok. God, I had real faith and now Will never the sinister six movie.
>>
>>63120526
It's established that Harry and Mr. Fierce continue their work though, so it doesn't really matter that Harry's in prison.

Fuck, the movie even ends with them starting to gather the Sinister Six.
>>
>>63119508
1 was great compared to the pile of shit that was 2
>>
>>63119508
Wheels up, Parker
>>
>>63119508
They tried to make a franchise of sequels and multiple spin offs with the rights to one main character
>>
>
>>
Spiderman 2 > The Amazing Spiderman > Spiderman > Spiderman 3 > The Amazing Spiderman 2

Also, Andrew Garfield was a better Spiderman than Tobey Maguire.
>>
>>63119508
Filmmaking by committee/producers making creative decisions
>>
>>63125897
That is genuinely terrifying.
>>
File: andrew-garfield.png (270 KB, 328x634) Image search: [Google]
andrew-garfield.png
270 KB, 328x634
>>63119508
D R O P P E D
>>
File: thh.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
thh.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
>>63125897
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.