[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this for the first time. I don't quite get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Blade_Runner_poster.jpg (34 KB, 297x446) Image search: [Google]
Blade_Runner_poster.jpg
34 KB, 297x446
Just watched this for the first time. I don't quite get why it's so well received. Has it just not aged well or something?
>>
What you didn't get?
>>
I was expecting hover trains in the future from looking at the movie poster, still disapointed
>>
dystopian future is so boring
>>
>>63114737
Guy who hunts down fake humans discovers they too are human at heart. For something so praised I expected more than something so simple. Unless of course watching it while fairly tired somehow shielded some deeper meaning from me.
>>
>>63114738

that ship in the poster was a shot from the movie.

are you blind or autistic?
>>
>>63115020
>ship
>trains
>>
>>63114669

Mostly because it quite literally created cyberpunk. The style that seems like archetypical and conventional to you nowadays was visionary and groundbreaking at this time.

The set pieces and effects are quite nice...overall nice visuals...story, well a bit tryhardy...
>>
>>63114856
There are no "deep" films.
>>
>>63114856
You should give it another watch. Clearly. Make sure to watch the theatrical cut, which is the best one.
>>
It has a very good aesthetic and tone. It had "realistic" fight scenes where the protagonist gets beaten half to death, something Harrison Ford specialized in, when those were still a new thing and the only other person who did them was Bruce Willis. Other action heroes were portrayed as unkillable ubermench at the time.
>>
the only thing that made an impression was the amazing special effects, especially for its time. Story felt incredibly generic but maybe I'm just used to it by now
>>
OP is too underage

/thread

But first it's good because of the aesthetics and comfy atmosphere.
>>
>>63114856

>guy
>>
>>63114669
Some of the best aesthetics ever put into a science-fiction movie.
>>
no didnt age well, because youve seen all the films it inspired before seeing blade runner itself, i totally understand you find it boring, the same reason the original star wars is boring as hell now
>>
It aged very well, unless the problem is that you find it too slow.
>>
File: 1443501529006.jpg (21 KB, 219x218) Image search: [Google]
1443501529006.jpg
21 KB, 219x218
>>63114669
>>
Deckard is not a replicant and making him so ruins the entire movie.
>>
>>63114856
It's not supposed to be profoundly deep, but the film is brilliantly put together. A lot of care seemed to be put into it, so I can admire that.
>>
File: Rachel.jpg (548 KB, 1000x997) Image search: [Google]
Rachel.jpg
548 KB, 1000x997
>>63114669

It bombed originally but was massively influential, culturally. Many cited it over the past two decades as the general inspiration for so much cyberpunk including the creators of Ghost in the Shell and The Matrix.

The cinematography is also fucking gorgeous. The opening shots of Holden's eye reacting similarly to Voight Kampff test whilst just casually reacting to the vista of dystopian Los Angeles is fucking legendary to many cinema goers and movie obsessives.
>>
>>63114669
The ending dialogue alone makes this a great movie to be honest family. It becomes even more impressive once you realize is was improvised
>>
>>63116836
>Also dat qt Rachel
>>
File: 1442071248897.gif (1 MB, 247x161) Image search: [Google]
1442071248897.gif
1 MB, 247x161
>>63115222
>theatrical cut
>the best one
>>
>>63114669
I watched this for the first time a couple days ago too. It's rather simple, but the style of it is unprecedented. Think of it, this movie came out IN 1982.

Also, lele dat ambiguous ending.
>>
>>63114669
reddit tier movie
>>
File: 1447366461270.jpg (150 KB, 795x556) Image search: [Google]
1447366461270.jpg
150 KB, 795x556
>>63117309
>>
>>63117245
The Voice Over greatly improves the film. It reminds me of a film noir from the 40s. DC is a great cyberpunk piece but without the touch of vintage which is the charm of TC.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.