[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they make movies like Independence Day and 5th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1423777108727.jpg (146 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
1423777108727.jpg
146 KB, 736x1104
Why don't they make movies like Independence Day and 5th Element anymore?
>>
>>63114655

But anon, didn't you watch Skyline?

who /bravelittledrone/ here
>>
>>63114655
They try to avoid making shit.
They still manage to produce hundreds of turds a year though, but it's a different kind of shit.
>>
what is the commonality between them? Both European directors..
>>
cash is hard to come by
>>
because jews own the world now, so they don't have to try anymore
>>
File: nj_07.jpg (234 KB, 854x1280) Image search: [Google]
nj_07.jpg
234 KB, 854x1280
>>63114702
>now
>>
because the current populace have been conditioned to hate fun, wholesome, and positive things while told that degeneracy will make them happy
>>
I mean that Tom Cruise movie was pretty close
>>
File: GotG.jpg (94 KB, 725x483) Image search: [Google]
GotG.jpg
94 KB, 725x483
>>63114655
What, does "anymore" just cover 2015 or something?
>>
he says this as the Independence Day sequel is literally in post-production stage
>>
>>63114655
>what is capeshit
>what is star wars
>>
They do though.

Guardians of the Galaxy was literally this generation's Fifth Element.
>>
>>63114655
>what is Pacific Rimjob
>>
>>63116277

That doesn't mean it will be "like" Independence Day.

Though Jurassic World was a solid spiritual successor to Jurassic Park.

I can't really answer your question OP. It's like saying "How did we go from comedies like Planes, Trains and Automobiles, which were funny but also had heart and a meaningful message, to comedies like The Hangover, where things just sort of happen one after another and you laugh a few times and then the movie's over". Writing has just changed.
>>
is she french?
i love me some french gals m8
dont mind the hair
baise moi oui mademoiselle toute la noit
je suis un grand gars pour vous
>>
>>63116190
GOTG is cape shit trash. The 5th Element is leagues above.
>>
>>63114655
its the era of capeshit f4m
>>
>>63116821
sm
>>
>>63114655
You've never seen a Chris Nolan movie? or Ex Machina?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.