[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A Fox News contributor found herself on the receiving end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 13
File: Harrass.png (287 KB, 720x595) Image search: [Google]
Harrass.png
287 KB, 720x595
>A Fox News contributor found herself on the receiving end of death threats earlier this week—from Star Wars fans—when she appeared on an early-morning talk show on the network and began talking about some of the trolls that had come out of the woodwork to make fun of her for not having seen the films.
>In a segment that aired last month, Katherine Timpf mentioned that she had no interest in watching Star Wars: “Yesterday, I tweeted something, and all I said was that I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive. People threatened my life.”
>The Internet’s response? Well, one doesn’t have to look very far to find both death threats and YouTube videos lashing out against Timpf, but the ironic part is that the show she was on is self-labeled as a satirical news program—so one would think that it would have been easy to discern that her remarks may have not been entirely serious, and to not take them personally at all?

What's with nerds and their complete inability to take a freaking joke?
>>
I dont know but you are a faggot
>>
>>63111967

Star Wars nerd detected
>>
>>63111967
stars wars is gay, anon
>>
>>63111951
>Those glasses
Really? It's 2015, people...
>>
>>63111984

nice meme, but it only makes sense if its on topic
>>
>>63111951
you should watch the video of the "metal" nerd complaining about this it's like 10 minutes of anal devastation
>>
>>63111951
>too busy being attractive

She's not that hot desu. With that being said I think it's kinda pathetic the way so many man children get worked up over star wars. Only 2 out of the 6 movies are actually good, it's schlock aimed at children.
>>
>>63111984
>>63111996

I will fucking kill both of you.
>>
ITS JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
>>63111996

I agree. They should have never sold it or made new movies. OP is still a faggot.
>>
>Sigh. Not great people.
>this is considered quality journalism in 2015
>>
>>63111951
What a stupid fucking bitch.
She should kill herself and so should all of us for being on /tv\
>>
>>63111951
Autism.
>>
>>63112035

Its actually isnt
>>
>>63111951
SJW whining aside, that headline is pretty funny actually.
>>
>>63112024

Moooooooooooooderators

He's threatening my life!
>>
>>63111951
Isn't everything on Fox News a satire? I always figured they were laughing in the editing room at the old saps watching them work between life alert and cash for gold ads.
>>
>>63111951
>QT BTFO nerds so hard they threaten her life
Priceless
>>
>>63112035
Not quality, just typical. Like using reaction image .gifs in the middle of your article.
>>
>>63111951

> by Carly Lane

Hmmmm, she sounds familiar. Let me Google:

> Carly Lane
> Whitman College, BA Religion Interests: Philosophy of Religion, Moral Perfectionism, American Romanticism, Postwar Jewish Thought (especially Phenomenology of Relation), Nietzsche, Wittgenstein, Modern Poetry, and the Aestheticization of Ethics.

Oh right, she's the cunt on the Social Thought Committee (not even joking) that tried to get my professor fired.
>>
She also said, "I have never had any interest in watching space nerds poke each other with their little space nerd sticks, and I’m not going to start now."

Not that any of that justifies threats, of course, but it did kind of seem like she was being inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory.
>>
The trouble is... Star Wars is just kind of boring

A hot girl like her probably DIDN'T bother with nerd shit like Star Wars because its demographic is geeks and fags. Just common sense really
>>
yeah, you can label something as satire as much as you want, but if it sounds exactly like something that people actually seriously say... it's not satire, it's just saying horrible stuff and thinking it's funny.
>>
>>63111951
>What's with nerds and their complete inability to take a freaking joke?
what's with cumdumpsters saying retarded shit and getting btfo for it?
>>
>>63112132
>She also said, "I have never had any interest in watching space nerds poke each other with their little space nerd sticks, and I’m not going to start now."

Ahahhhahahhahahah

That's actually pretty funny
>>
>>63112132
She is right though. If she says she doesn't like Star Wars because it's nerd shit she shouldn't receive death threats. I mean it makes Star Wars fans look worse than they already do.
>>
Why are the women at Fox News such cunts?
>>
>>63112223

Its a job requirement at Fox
>>
>>63112223
No sex, the vaginal sand starts to build up.
>>
>>63111951
>I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive
kek star wars faggots btfo to be honest
>>
>>63111951
How come what she says isn't considered "harassment"?
>>
>>63111951

Fuck off Disney marketing team.
>>
You know, Timpf did gave me an idea! I don't know if you heard about this, but she said the reason she won't apologize for her anti-geek remarks is because ''people are becoming way too PC, apologizing for every little thing that may offend people, etc. etc.'' Not her exact words, but you get the idea! :p

Sounds familiar? I don't know about you guys, but I've heard that line quite often in the feminism debate on geek culture. Heck, the people that sent her death threats are probably the same people who get all threatening and harrassing against feminists, the same kind of people that likes to say that ''the world is becoming way too PC''.

And now you have Timpf using the very same argument against the kind of people who, too, use that same argument! So why not do it ourself? ''I won't apologize to those guys who are offended that I pointed out this video game/T.V. show/movie/etc. is kinda sexist because people are way too PC, too scared to offend anyone''. You know, that same line can so be used both ways! :p
Katherine Timpf might have provided feminists a new kind of argument without realizing it: The ''too PC'' argument can now and forever go both way! :p
>>
>>63112268
It's great because she's insulting herself as much has them and ends up coming off as better and more self aware if you actually watch it in context.

That being said, I don't blame all the geeks for getting riled up, and many of them are too used to begin insulted seriously and just probably saw the clip out of the blue.
>>
isnt star wars its on religion? like literally you can pick jedi on the census

she deserves it for mocking someones religion, just like drawing muhammad
>>
>>63112029
GONE SEXUAL
>>
>>63112262
I think you're talking about the cunts at jezebel/marysue mi familia. qt in the op looks highly lubricated
>>
>>63112018
Link?
>>
>>63112223
>>63112234
>>63112262
>muh faux news
2002 called it wants its meme back
>>
>>63112564
this is too funny not to be satire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU9HFQhq8aM
>>
File: 1425854970084.jpg (50 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
1425854970084.jpg
50 KB, 700x504
>>63112604
>he doesn't know how to pronounce 'faux'
>>
File: deewut.jpg (10 KB, 147x160) Image search: [Google]
deewut.jpg
10 KB, 147x160
>>63112445
I'm trying to understand but it's not working
>>
>there are people on this board that have seem star wars
Plebs
>>
>there are people who care about Star Wars at all beyond the original trilogy and a few games and maybe books

lmfao. she isn't wrong. if you're getting your man tits worked up over Star Wars with the release of the prequels and now a literal ape starring in the latest film, you probably aren't attractive, and you definitely aren't interested in cool things.
>>
>people on the internet don't insult like normal people
>say things like "go die in a fire" "kill yourself" "get cancer"
>normies unable to fathom a human who is mean
>think these are actual death threats and not just offensive insults
>>
File: 1385658537966.jpg (113 KB, 520x355) Image search: [Google]
1385658537966.jpg
113 KB, 520x355
>>63111951
>I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive
>literally proud of being a basic bitch
>>
File: 1397400277343.png (438 KB, 910x898) Image search: [Google]
1397400277343.png
438 KB, 910x898
>>63111951
I love how /tv/ is split right down the middle on whose side to take.

Do you side with the harassed woman who also works for Fox News and is conservative as fuck?

Or the Star Wars nerds who are more relatable to you personally, but have also recently been associated with Black Boyeggs who you really fucking hate?
>>
>>63111951
>liking cool things and being attractive
>being attractive

Kek, does she honestly believe this?
>>
>>63112948
>SW
>not basic as fuck
lmao
>>
>>63112971

:^)

There's no split here matey. You can both hate her for being a vapid cunt that's mocks nerds and hate the people that go to the trouble of internet defending Star Wars while calling her a cunt to her face and being a kek irl. This is the internet after all, where everyone has an opinion that HAS to be heard.
>>
>death threats
>online

Either way, she made a joke, the nerds made a joke, and she's laughing off.
It's literally not a story, stop posting it
>>
>>63112971
I side with the one who isn't a manchild sending death threats over kids movies about laser swords lel

She also said she refuses to apologize and be a part of the current shitty overapologetic politically correct culture. Based IMO.
>>
>>63113104
I refuse to apologize for fucking your mum in the ass.

I'd say that makes me pretty based.
>>
>>63113104
You must love these women then.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rzL-vdQ3ObA&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>63113151
Nah, you're the retard making this about gender. I support anybody who doesn't capitulate to politically correct bullshit.
>>63113137
Good one.
>>
>>63111951
>insults an entire fanbase
>whines that she gets insulted back

Bitch needs to get back in the kicthen and take the heat.
>>
>>63113246
Sorry, not sorry

:^)
>>
>>63111951
>the ironic part is that the show she was on is self-labeled as a satirical news program

when did Fox News claim to be satire? being so far up your own ass that you make the Onion look good isn't satire.
>>
>>63113024
>>63112948
>>63113070

it's something commonly referred to as a joke. people who aren't autistic use them to entertain themselves.
>>
>>63113302
see
>>63113349
>>
>>63111951
>and to not take them personally at all?
>ending statements with a question?
>>
>>63112118
Story?
>>
File: 1392377636536.jpg (67 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1392377636536.jpg
67 KB, 282x341
Who the fuck send death threats to someone, regardless of the situation? Like you have to be literally autistic/retarded.
>>
>>63113935

Death threats seem to be part of the job these days if you say anything negative about anything publicly.
>>
>>63113935
People have odd idea of what death threat is. Like rememember the woman who sent herself threats? Don't remember who she was, but those didn't sound like threats, just sexual fantasies.

So, on the internet, you anger people they say something mean like "I hope you die", and people will pain it as threat for PR.
>>
>>63111951
>I’ve been too busy being attractive.

i've yet to meet the tranny that'll publicly admit to looking unattractive
>>
>>63112022
She's either in her early 30s or approaching them fast. This is when a single woman goes crazy if she's not in a relationship.
With men it has the opposite effect; a man can relax at home, play vidya, watch movies and hang out with his buddies.
Women are biologically designed to start to panic when their ovaries are shutting down for old age. Men can keep on producing genetic material until the day they die.
>>
>>63112118
>Social Thought Committee
As much as a cliche as it is, that looks like something straight out of 1984.
An indoctrinated SJW would probably use the book as a manual than a cautionary tale these days.
>>
>"Women are soooo over sensitive and get offended by anything!!"
>embarrassingly proceed to lose your shit when someone doesn't like something you like

uh huh
>>
>>63111951
But...,she's not hot. She's 6/10 at best.
>>
>star trek gets a black captain
>*crickets*

>star wars gets black stormstrooper #4215321
>fans lose their collective shit

Fucking lol, why is it that star trek fans are so much more civilised and intelligent than the average kek wars fan?
>>
>>63114242
>a man can relax at home, play vidya, watch movies and hang out with his buddies
don't you mean cry alone into an anime pillow?
>>
>>63114591
I like both series, and I even like Sisko. The thing with Boyega is he's just the niggest lookin' nog you ever did see.
>>
>the full power of harassment
>some death threats

I'm pretty sure harassment can go way further than 'yo blondie go die cuz u insulted muh star wars'.
>>
>typical star wars fan

>>
You can just tell that the person who sent the threat browses 4chin
>>
> haha nerds you're ugly and stupid and the things you like are dumb!
> I just dont understand why nerds said mean things to me! Woe is me!
>>
>>63111951
Man those new Star Wars fans sure are jerks, right /tv/?
>>
reminds me of an ex gf that cheated on me then got mad when i dumped her
>>
File: 1446279099934.jpg (31 KB, 984x688) Image search: [Google]
1446279099934.jpg
31 KB, 984x688
>>63112084
>My dad watches Fox News every night.
>I laugh at him for it and tell him that shit's for old people.
>He gets real butthurt and goes on a 5 minute rant why it isn't.
>Cuts to a commercial for life alert while hes going on.
>Still doesn't get it.

Hardheaded old men, what a great demographic.
>>
>>63111951
>themarysue
Surprised they would jump in defense of Fox News
>>
>>63115000
They jumped to defend a woman.
>>
>>63111951
Stupid whore deserves the nerd rage. I wish one of them would throw acid in her face.
>>
>>63112091
>using reaction image .gifs in the middle of your article
That should get you fired
>>

What a retarded thing to say? I hate Star Wars, but this kind of slut-speak makes me puke.
>>
>>63111951
Pre-internet, it used to be said that if you are a reporter and not getting death threats on a regular basis that you were not dong your job.

Then the internet came along to unite autists and give them anonymity against reprisals and social behavior enforcement.
>>
>>63112635
It's not satire, that guy is dead serious 100% of the time.
>>
why do people acknowledge that anonymity enables people to say things they couldn't normally but don't then go on to acknowledge that the things people are saying anonymously are trivialised by said anonymity
>>
>>63111951
You really can't tell when it is or isn't parody with Fox.
>>
>>63111951
Don't even feel sorry for her. This is the age of the internet. Majority rules, I'm afraid, and on the internet, nerds hold the power, nerds hold the majority. That's democracy in action, play by our rules or don't play at all. She crossed our line and she's dealing with it.
>>
>>63112510
You can pick whatever the fuck you want on the census. If I say my religion is potato, who are you to disagree?
>>
File: daggy.png (64 KB, 216x222) Image search: [Google]
daggy.png
64 KB, 216x222
>>63115650
>>
Katherine Timpf is just jews trying to win smart men like us over with a qt blonde who has right wing views
>>
File: 1448099958032.png (149 KB, 392x342) Image search: [Google]
1448099958032.png
149 KB, 392x342
>>63115650
holy fucking autism
>>
>>63111951
Sounds like a self-obsessed cunt. It's not even about Star Wars as much as it is her self-congratulatory attitude to not having seen them, like she's somehow the first person ever to be uninterested in watching a movie. That and the implication that hearing this one insignificant millennial's opinion is supppsedly more important than one of the most influential movies in history.

The best part is how she instantly turns around and plays victim when people tell her that her opinions and experiences are worthless, and it makes actual news headlines. Liberal media, everyone.
>>
>>63116164
>this is women when every beta whiteknight agrees with them on social media and gives them money for just existing

I have no idea how such a legion of doormats have a disposable income
>>
>>63116164
why are you getting so assmad you maroon
>>
>>63116251
speaking up when people are acting like twats is what normal people do
>>
>getting triggered by Fox News in the year 2016

Stop it.
>>
Im sure the death threats were probably satire as well
>>
>>63116415
Ignoring it because it's the most trivial thing in the world that affects no one, is what normal people do. I don't know what the fuck you think is going on.
>>
>>63114761
I fucking hate this guy and his fedora tipping fans
>>
>>63112223
Fuck off, fake Krager.
>>
>>63116511
>Ignoring it
>that affects no one

you'd make a good kuck
>>
>>63115650
SHUT UP YOU FUCKING NERD
>>
>>63111951

Star Wars nerds BTFO
>>
>>63116556
doesn't make you any less of an assmad 12 year old though :^)
>>
>>63116477
The term "death threat" has completely lost its meaning due to the internet.
>>
>all I said was that I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive
But that isn't all she said.

She essentially called every Star Wars fan a pathetic nerd. I'm not saying it isn't true, but it wasn't said as a joke, she meant what she said. If you're going to fling shit around, don't cry like a bitch when someone decides to fling shit back.
>>
>>63116655
didn't she just call them all faggots on national television instead of crying about it?
>>
GUYS ITS JUST A PRANK
WE COOL
>>
>>63116675
She has been playing the victim card ever since it happened.
>>
>>63116726
Isn't she a victim of aspergers as fuck nerds though, thus making a completely valid case for using that card?
>>
I've been looking and I can't find any of these death threats she's talking about.
>>
>>63116765
She initiated it, she knew people would get angry and she still did it. She's either incredibly fucking retarded for not knowing this will happen or she did it on purpose for publicity.
>>
>>63116853
Look at her Twitter you fucking sperg. She's having fun with it because you jerkoffs are sputtering with rage over her making a few quips about a children's movie that you've invested time, money and resources into instead of watching and moving on with your life like normal people do.
>>
>>63116853
Doesn't change the fact that all the nerds getting buttmad are still in the wrong. It's like if I tweeted I hate niggers, and then a bunch of niggers started threatening me, I initiated it but if I get raped by a pack of wild niggers it's their fault for being autistic enough to get enraged a tweet.
>>
>>63114657
Confirmed for Sisko being best Captain on Best Trek™.
>>
>>63116919
All i'm seeing is her claiming it was satire.
>>
>>63116919
>>63116939
why don't you just marry her already
>>
>>63112635
Fucking lmao
>>
>>63117110
i would if i could
>>
She looks cute, would molest.
>>
>>63111951
>fauxnews

don't care
>>
I'm a friendless nerd and I still hate Star Wars. Good for her for having taste and not pretending to like popular things. Star Wars geeks are unbearable.
>>
So since she's now saying she was joking, she's essentially a shitty /tv/ troll

No wonder so many of you are defending her
>>
Star wars is literally the most mainstream thing ever
>>
>>63114657
Sisko looks extremely niggerish actually. He is like an American equivalent of Booyega.

The reason I dislike Boyega is because his accent is shit.
>>
>>63118352
good goyim, be sure to continue getting your news from The Daily Show™ and The Nightly Show™ you are so much smarter and well informed than those evil nazi liars at fox news
>>
>>63118821
>So since she's now saying she was joking
>now
Did you even read the article? Or just the OP? jesus you star c u cks are so damn dense.
>>
>>63118821
It was on a satirical show m80. All you mongos should of known she was joking in the first place.
>>
Most Star Wars autists are liberal redditors, so they probably went after this lady only for working at Fox News.
>>
File: sobbing intensifies.gif (918 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
sobbing intensifies.gif
918 KB, 245x200
>>63111951
>mufasa and simba sit on the edge of her glasses and look over the endless wasteland of her 5head
>Mufasa: One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king.
>Young Simba: And this'll all be mine?
>Mufasa: Everything.
>Young Simba: Everything the light touches...
I cry every time.
>>
>>63113935
go choke on a cookie
>>
>>63112635
The blonde bitch is right about everything.
Star Wars doesn't matter at all.
Metal guy is a freak and a loser.
>>
Everyone involved is awful.

The Western world fucking sucks.
>>
>>63111951
>What's with nerds and their complete inability to take a freaking joke?
It's 2015. All jokes are subject to racism, sexist, bigot, and anti-trans. Check your freaking privilege, shitlord
>>
>I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive

iktf
>>
>>63120472
>Everyone involved is awful.

>A woman who made a harmless joke is "awful"

Dumb sperg.
>>
File: 788291[1].jpg (44 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
788291[1].jpg
44 KB, 228x228
>criticizes sjw for being too sensitive
>goes on an autistic fit when someone talks shit about a movie
Is Alpha Omega Sin a hack?
>>
>being a star wars fanatic
>not watching superior star trek
Fucking wannabe gangstas.
>>
Why does this keep happening? When will this fad stop?
>>
>>63120633
wow he looks like a reasonable person
>>
>>63120633
He can't be a hack because he was never legitimate.
Literally some freak making attention videos for himself in his lair of autism.
>>
>>63121688
Star Trek really is the superior choice.
Checked.
>>
>>63120601

You're stupid
>>
>>63120633
>this is the type of guy that browses /tv/ now
2014 was a mistake
>>
>>63120633
The face of /v/

This is why video games will never be art
>>
Fox News is the best news channel.

I don't mean it's good. I mean it in a "cow turds taste slightly better than horse turds" kind of way.
>>
>>63120633
he used to be pro sjw, but realized he can't get autism youtube game news money by being a faggot
>>
I'd care, but she always has this attitude of superior smugness, like the way she lives her life is the only right way to do it. She acts like a cunt, she gets treated like a cunt.
>>
Thanks for the billionth fucking thread about this you fucking aspies
>>
>>63123655
sorry it isn't a meme thread about the prequels you can get uplikes with dude
god
>>
File: 56347269746243.png (413 KB, 858x685) Image search: [Google]
56347269746243.png
413 KB, 858x685
>>63111951
>in public spotlight
>decide to insult fans

We're in the age where everyone has some level of net access, are people just stupid and naive they don't expect some kinda backlash when you shit on people?

Either keep your mouth shut when speaking in public or grab a fucking helmet the world is a tough place.
>>
>>63111951
GG/SJW propaganda.

Honestly, what did she expect. Insult a huge, devoted fan base and get free cookies? Of course they were going to react to her. Might as well say that the death threats she received were satirical as well.
>>
File: I am the Ill Intent.jpg (28 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
I am the Ill Intent.jpg
28 KB, 480x600
>>63123153
>>63123196
>implying I watch his videos
>implying I am part of the cancer that is /v/
>>
>>63124012
reddit
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.