[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suffer from undiagnosed ADHD and that makes it extremely difficult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: adhd.png (146 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
adhd.png
146 KB, 800x400
I suffer from undiagnosed ADHD and that makes it extremely difficult for me to enjoy a lot of "classic" movies. Films like "2001", "Gone in the Wind", "Citizen Kane", and "Casablanca" are lost on me because I can't concentrate on them for more than ten minutes. Some I do enjoy though include: Shaun of the Dead, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Speed Racer, and yes, even the dreaded Transformers series (hey, they're fun to watch with the boys while munching on some p-corn).

In short I would love recommendations for people who have ADHD.
>>
>>63109535
How do you know you actually have ADHD if it's undiagnosed?
>>
>>63109580
You can just feel some things
>>
Should i report pasta?
>>
>>63109535
I honestly recommend watching more animated movies, every frame is a conscious decision
>>
>>63109662
This isn't pasta, I hand typed it for your viewing pleasure
>>
>>63109535
dont worry, you arent missing anything.
these snorefests are mostly shit anyway.
>>
ADHD is a myth propagated by the drug companies and the powers that be. Educate yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VAzVNbbZS8
>>
>>63109776
It isn't a disease but some people just naturally have a shorter attention span
>>
>>63109613
>Not medically sound advice from a medical professional
>>
Try playing a video game at the same time you start the movie. I have ADHD and I have three monitors.I find video games and watching stuff simultaneously stimulate me enough that I can focus on both.

A big part of ADHD is how hard it is to start a task, but once you get going you find you can enjoy it like other people.

>they're fun to watch with the boys while munching on some p-corn

I find listening to funny podcasts and stuff with people talking lets me focus on my tasks the best. Social stimulation is the best stimulation.
>>
>>63109535
ADHD isn't a thing. You have a weak attention span. Fix it, don't complain.

You don't chalk being fat up to a 'disease' you get in shape. You don't cop out and call yourself 'naturally stupid', you study. This is no different.
>>
File: inigo1.jpg (55 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
inigo1.jpg
55 KB, 500x432
>>63109535
You don't have ADHD family, you just don't enjoy pretentious, boring flicks that normies deemed as "classic" simply because they are sanitized and conventional enough for the boomer generation to watch without feeling embarrassment or confusion, while still artsy and politically charged just enough to make them look like thinkers when they claim to enjoy them.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 299x168
>>63109535

>hey, they're fun to watch with the boys while munching on some p-corn
>munching on some p-corn
>p-corn

You got a laugh out of me at least.

If not trolling, you're a faggot and pic related
>>
>>63109535
>undiagnosed
Most people who are diagnosed don't even have it, let alone some faggot like you who assumes they have it without seeking a medical professional.

You, just like a majority of moviegoers, just have shit taste. Stop making excuses and learn to have some patience and understand art better.
>>
>>63109893
>sanitized and conventional enough for the boomer generation to watch without feeling embarrassment or confusion, while still artsy and politically charged just enough to make them look like thinkers when they claim to enjoy them.
But that sounds exactly like Shaun of the Dead and Fight Club, movies which he liked.
>>
>>63109535
ADHD is fake
Don't take the drugs, or if you do sell them off
>>
>>63109535
Get diagnosed senpai, try to get some Strattera or better yet just do the research yourself. Some new meds are supposed to come out at around 2017, Dasotraline and DXM, which will be pretty good.

tl;dr- GET DIAGNOSED YOU ADHD FUCK
>>
>>63110655

Can you take anti-anxiety meds with this stuff? I'd like to ask my doctor for some, but I don't want him to think me greedy.
>>
>>63109535

>Putting this much effort into your shit posting bait.
>>
>>63109535
Just take adderal and you'll love everything you watch.
>>
As someone actually diagnosed with it you can take adderall or just watch the movie while putting anything that might be distracting in another room (phone, vidya, etc.).
Also get something to snack on like carrots, helps ease the tension for ya.
>>
>>63110738
I think anxiety is more of a myth than Adhd

Stimulants will help you steamroll all your fears, just use in moderation and learn from the experience
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.