[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw there hasn't been a good Christian director since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: jesus christ.jpg (39 KB, 276x355) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ.jpg
39 KB, 276x355
>tfw there hasn't been a good Christian director since Tarkovsky
>tfw now we only get people like Carruth and Docter
>>
File: 1448178516534.png (847 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448178516534.png
847 KB, 1280x720
>>63107970
bump for interest. tell me more about christian directors. tell me about tarkovsky and the way his christianity comes out in his work.
>>
>>63108183
In my opinion, Stalker may be the most Christian, though I didn't really like it. It contains a lot of Christian ideas
>people as inherently bad and incapable of wielding divine power
>nature being closer to the creator than ourselves
>search for unknowable 'something' present in everyone
>>
>>63108418
nah you're fucked kid you didn't get stalker
>>
>>63107970
sukorov
>>
File: crown of thorns.jpg (28 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
crown of thorns.jpg
28 KB, 460x276
>>63108496
You're right, there was no real Christian influence to Stalker I guess
>>
Malick.
>>
>>63108525
>>63108583
Neither of these people is Christian
>>
Malick is still around and doing great work.
>>
>>63108616
Terrence Malick's a Christian.
>>
>>63108418
nature being closer to God than humans is literally the opposite of Christian theology. i'm not trying to nitpick your post either. that's just a really huge mischaracterization of christianity.
>>
>>63108183
Like another anon said, Stalker was a great example. The ending really turned me from an edgy Agnostic to a person who appreciates religion and understands it's use. The ending of Stalker talks about how faith is necessary for humans as it gives people hope. Very interesting thing to think about.

After that I started to appreciate different religions for giving us beatiful pieces of art, music, film, literature, etc
>>
>>63108418
You didn't get the film and you also don't understand Christianity.

Pls become more knowledgeable before posting.
>>
>>63108560
There is, you just completely misinterpreted it.
>>
>>63108583
>>63108616
Malick is Christian, what would make you think otherwise?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.