[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh my god. I watched the pilot to see how truly bad is it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: img.jpg (158 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
158 KB, 540x304
Oh my god.

I watched the pilot to see how truly bad is it.

And holy shit, it's like a show from another planet.
>>
>>63107147
Were you expecting it to be half decent? With that cast?
>>
how do you go from new in town to that :(
>>
>>63107241
I was expecting it to be bad, but it was REALLY bad.

One review got it right on the nose, it's like a fake sitcom you see within another show.
>>
>>63107272
Well I'm glad it's worse than I thought, every single face in that picture is more punchable than the last
>>
>>63107147
>hating based Martin Short
Not a good look.
>>
>>63107147
Still better than Friends
>>
>>63107370
Yo, I love Martin Short. I'm canadian, he's a fucking inspiration, but he can't save this thing. He's a total professional but his character is a goddamn joke.

>>63107328
That fat ginger is their version of Kramer, it's so cringewotthy
>>
I didn't watch it because I heard it was terrible. I was surprised though since Martin Short is great and John Mulaney's stand up routines are pretty good.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>63107147
Has anyone seen his new special on Netflix? It wasn't bad, but I felt like it didn't come close to New in Town.
>>
>>63107589
I actually think I liked it better than New in Town. I still don't understand how the fuck his show ended up being so awful
>>
>>63107589
It was ok. I haven't seen the first one he did in a long time so I can't remember if I liked it better. His bit at the end about his dad's opinion of Bill Clinton was hilarious though.
>>
>>63107589
pretty meh throughout. when new in town came out, it was hilarious.
>>
File: image.png (153 KB, 384x225) Image search: [Google]
image.png
153 KB, 384x225
mfw they cancelled his show. Unfunny, no-acting ability hack writer spoiled brat.
>>
>that entire first episode just being shit from his standup
did he just think people wouldn't notice?
>>
>>63107589
I enjoyed it. The bit joke about college classes being a joke gave me a hearty chuckle
>>
>>63107147
Had a few really cringe-worthy moments but overall it was just a dumb sitcom. Not much worse than most other shows on.

Can't believe he tried so hard to be Seinfeld though. Guy must have no shame.
>>
Poor Nasim
>>
>>63107440
>>63107328
poor guy. Imagine being him all like "yes! I'm going to be the whacky character in this new comedy by this excellent comedian and it's probably going to be a hit and the audience will love me, I will be the new Sheldon, my career is gonna take off"
>>
>>63107147
The black guy looks photoshopped in.
>>
It was over-hyped and failed miserably because NO ONE but elitist media types thought Mulaney was funny and the second coming of Seinfeld.

Even the show's creators knew the show was shit, hence why they recut the series prior to airing, to minimalize the bearded faggot they originally thought was going to be the break-out guy from the supporting cast only to realize to their horror that the audience who attended the tapings HATED the faggot's guts
>>
>>63108884
Imagine him when they then tell you the studio audience hated your guts right off the bat and they were going to re-edit the episodes they had taped to minimalize your role in the series, down to the bare minimum to keep the episode plots from making zero sense and you'll most likely be written out if they get a second season.
>>
>>63109155
>>63109199
Whats the story behind this?
They really edited the show because of the audience?
>>
>>63109232
Mulaney was a pet project of FOX executives who focus tested the shit out of the show, because they wanted it to be a huge big titted hit (IIRC there was a bidding war for Mulaney and Fox paid big to get him signed to a contract).

Major chunks of the audiences who watched the tapings were extensively quizzed after filming for what they thought about the cast and the episodes,as Fox wanted the show's audience be the lowest common denominator (think Seinfeld for plebes) and the bearded faggot was absolutely HATED by the audience members that were polled.

So they recut the episodes to get rid of as many of his scenes they could cut without compromising the episodes via removing scenes that advance the plots.
>>
>>63107589
I thought it was just as funny. It's hard to actually eclipse New In Town since it was his first special
>>
>>63109475
holy shit. has something like that ever been done before? they were really banking on this show, that turned out to be a critical failure.
>>
>>63109087
the hair on the little fat dude looks photoshopped in.
does he use Herbal Essences ?
>>
>>63109549
It happens all the time. ALL THE TIME.

A major stand-up comic starts getting big buzz and the networks start a bidding war to get the stand-up comic signed for a sitcom.

But the network are assholes want to make the show's target audience for the comic's show be dumb fuck America. Any edge in the comic's personality are purged and he's put into a cookie cutter sitcom formula, often ripping off a past hit in the case of Mulaney (ripping off Seinfeld).

They also focus test the fuck out of the show, so they know exactly WHAT the lowest common denominator likes about a show and what they don't like about it, so they can further meddle with it to make the show a "hit".

They promote the hell out of the show and it tanks, getting cancelled as soon as humanly possible.
>>
>>63109596
He's your typical bearded hipster faggot, the type who is prissy about his beard and hair to make it look as "pretty" as possible.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.