[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
seriously, is there anything she can't do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Meryl-Streep-6.jpg (86 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Meryl-Streep-6.jpg
86 KB, 1000x1000
seriously, is there anything she can't do?
>>
>>63105366
Sing
>>
>>63105366
Her voice acting as Mrs. Fox got me hard.
>>
I want to marry her in The Deer Hunter. Jesus Christ.
>>
Be my granny
>>
pee standing up
>>
I WANT SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY SHE IS GENERALLY REGARDED WITH OVERLY HIGH ESTEEM; SHE IS NOT A REMARKABLE THESPIAN.
>>
>>63105366
get an erection
>>
>>63105366
Not look old and decrepit.
>>
>>63105366
Make the same money as her male colleagues.
>>
>>63106495
Because she's old, half the people who praise her haven't even watched half of her film. She is famous just for being famous, and a strong woman figure.
>>
>>63106495
She's pretty remarkable.
>>
>>63106733

THAT IS AN OVERLY SIMPLISTIC, AND IMPROBABLE, RATIONALIZATION.
>>
>>63105784
Pierce Brosnan can't sing
>>
Play a role that isn't Meryl Streep.
>>
>>63106809
Simplistic is what the masses put their contextual understanding of the world nowadays. Most people praising her don't even watch her films, or even know how talented she is, but she is regarded as one of the best female actresses to ever exist, and from that it gives her merit. Tie that in with the rise in popularity with PC culture and you got a modern day legend who is actually completely mediocre.
>>
>>63106838
>... she is regarded as one of the best female actresses to ever exist...

YES, BUT HOW DID SHE COME TO BE REGARDED AS SUCH?

IT IS THE SAME KIND OF "POPULAR OVERESTIMATION" THAT AFFECTS WILLIAM MURRAY.
>>
>>63106495
>>63106809
>>63106950
Even with cruise control you still need to steer you worthless tripfaggot.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.