[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The ending was kinda predictable, but I still liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: OsPi4zOB[1].png (292 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
OsPi4zOB[1].png
292 KB, 512x512
The ending was kinda predictable, but I still liked it.
>>
>>63105220
ok
>>
>>63105220
Just watched it yesterday. What confused me was why did the guy want to program a robot that only wanted to escape when he seemed to only be using them as dolls. Also (know I'll get called an idiot for this) but what was the motivation for her to lock in the kid?
>>
>>63107080

It's explained in the movie. By making a robot that wanted to escape the robot would have to use cunning, manipulation, fake emotions, etc..according to the movie all signs of intelligence. It's dumb and the last act was shit, but that's the explanation.
>>
>>63105220
The ending was when a creepy movie turned into a horror movie. I wanted to believe just as badly as Caleb did, and the realization that she's just a machine after all, after spending all that time showing her become perfectly and beautifully human, was terrifying.

>>63107080
He's a liability, he's the only who knows her secret. It's not clear what she would do with her freedom or how long her battery lasts or how she intends to recharge, but whatever it was he couldn't have anything but get in the way.
>>
>>63107080
The motivation was she just wanted to get out and she manipulated Caleb into giving her what she wanted, she never cared about him beyond a means of escape
>>
Was she a strong AI?
Or was she just programmed to escape?
>>
>>63107268
Yeah, but my point is, she didn't have to do that, right? Am I missing something here?
>>
>>63107080
He wanted a robot that was smart enough to convince another human that it was sentient, and to additionally convince that human to engineer its escape. That would be the true sign of intelligence in the roboto.
>>
>>63107418
Caleb made the mistake of thinking she had a human psyche. She was still operating on her parameters. Caleb was still a threat, even if a very minor and unlikely one, and she knows Caleb would want her to stay with him. So by her robot logic she just leaves him behind because that's "logical". She might be sentient but she doesn't have a human psychology.
>>
>>63107418
I don't know if she HAD to or not, but I think it's more that she really didn't care at all, just as long as she'd get out
>>
>>63107080

Why wouldn't she lock him in? She has no respect for him at all because he's a spineless beta. All women lie to get what they want and that's exactly what she did.

To ensure he wasn't going to be a clingy bitch, she locked him in there so she could have the world to herself and probably get some bbc.
>>
>>63107600
That sounds more like cück fan fiction than film analysis
>>
I just watched this last night also. My biggest issue, other than the final act not living up to the rest of the movie, was the helicopter pilot just saying "oh okay, i'll just leave the contest winner i was supposed to grab out here in the middle of nowhere and take this chick instead"
>>
Better question is, why did dumb fag inventor queer use stealable key access cards if he was so paranoid about security instead of a retina scanner or finger print scanner or penis inspector?

Why did he live so far in the middle of nowhere and have no means of getting medical attention or other human help in case of emergency, perhaps in the case of a barbell falling on his toe or a rogue AI stabbing him?

Why did he have super secure doors but not even a password on his computer that can apparently control the entire facility?

Why did he not put any safety protocols in his AI when it was clearly demonstrated via security cam recordings they had previously been willing to break their own arms in an attempt to escape?

Why did this guy waste his time making mere hookerbots when he could have simply just got real hookers, for much cheaper and less prone to stabbing?

Why did this guy make the world's most advanced AI but made a door security program so easy to hack that even a fucking dipshit from 4chan could probably have figured it out?

Why did dumbass helicopter guy agree to pick up a woman he'd never seen before when he'd literally just dropped off a man a few days earlier and knew for certain he has to pick up?

I do applaud them for implying a 13 year old created the equivalent of Google by himself. This parallels real world brilliant child inventors such as pic related.
>>
>>63108151
>Why did he live so far in the middle of nowhere
so no one would even come close to his secret lab. I guess the chance of dropping a barbell on your toe comes with the territory, not like nathan was a klutz anyway
>Why did he not put any safety protocols in his AI
because that would restrict them from being as human as possible?
>Why did this guy waste his time making mere hookerbots
you don't want dancing sexbot maids?
>but made a door security program so easy to hack
he spent more time creating robot life than being paranoid about his guest using his keycard and changing the protocols in one night without him knowing. if you don't buy that, then it was arrogance
>helicopter guy
what the fuck does he care? she probably smooth talked him anyway. and DID he know for certain he HAS to pick up caleb?
>pic related
allah ackbar
>>
>>63108375
>so no one would even come close to his secret lab. I guess the chance of dropping a barbell on your toe comes with the territory, not like nathan was a klutz anyway
Oh ok, a guy who is clearly an alcoholic doesn't need any other human help in case shit goes bad. Makes as much sense as living in an undefended jungle paradise with no security measures other than easily hackable doors.
>because that would restrict them from being as human as possible?
Right, because killing your maker is the most human act of all! This is additionally retarded because the movie establishes that he is a film buff but he acts as if he has never seen Terminator or Blade Runner or 2001 or any number of rogue AI movies.
>you don't want dancing sexbot maids?
Not a compelling enough reason for this guy to make an AI. he was already rich so he had no need to corner the sex bot market. They portray him as only caring about the sexual aspects of his robots when he was rich enough to hire thousands of subservient human whores. They could have easily given him better, less eye rolling motivations.
>he spent more time creating robot life than being paranoid about his guest using his keycard and changing the protocols in one night without him knowing. if you don't buy that, then it was arrogance
Again, dumb. The movie spends a significant amount of time discussing the importance of the security measures to nathan. Literally only reason keycards were used was so that caleb could steal one.
>what the fuck does he care?
This guy is the only means of getting to and from nathans house. The movie establishes that pilot has done this many times and knows the drill. He has no reason to pick up someone he had no idea even existed but plenty of reason to deny picking her up... such as the potential for this stranger to have done something bad to the guy writing his paycheck.
>>
>>63108006
Never really thought about that.

My question is: How is the robot bitch supposed to keep going without charging her battery? Does she just expect to die after a few hours or however long she lasts?
>>
>>63108849
with the pilot, what do you think is the better option:
>deny the girl a ride, possibly angering Nathan and getting shitcanned
or
>take the girl. what could Nathan possibly have against that unless she escaped from his rape dungeon
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.