[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so the theme that "drugs are bad, evil and will ruin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11
Okay, so the theme that "drugs are bad, evil and will ruin your life" seems to be present in every TV series ever.

Are there any instances where drugs are portrayed in a positive light?
>>
real life
>>
>>63104759
/thread
>>
There is no positive light to them. It's either "they fuck your life up entirely" or "they're a shitty waste of money that inconveniences you"
>>
>>63104759
I should be more specific. Are there any instances, IN A TELEVISION SERIES, where drug use isn't shown as being some life-destroying boogeyman?
>>
>>63104785
you sound like a c͏͏u͏͏c͏͏k t͏͏b͏͏h f͏͏a͏͏m. either that or you have literally had zero life experience. either way youre a faggot
>>
>>63104785
A lot of things are a waste of money. As in, everything even remotely fun.
>>
>>63104829
Dude weed lmao

Go fuck yourself
>>
Is this b8 or are you just plain retarded OP? South Park is your answer.
Also that 70s show
>>
>>63104877
sure thing m8
>>
>>63104829

>you can say kek desu senpai again

FUCKING WHY
>>
>>63104730
This is the second thread you've posted today on this topic. Please die.
>>
A lot of TV shows actually if you're talking about marijuana

Harder drugs like cocaine, heroin, and meth pretty much never
>>
>>63104933
guess you just cant into nigger memes t͏͏b͏͏h f͏͏a͏͏m
>>
>>63104893
>Is this b8 or are you just plain retarded OP? South Park is your answer.
No? Really? Listen moron, obviously I figured that one out already.

>Also that 70s show
This is a decent answer, although whether or not the portrayal is "positive" is debatable. The stance of the writers seemed rather neutral to me, as in weed is something people do, for better or worse.
>>
>>63100937
>>
Workaholics
>>
File: errol_flynn_58235-1024x768.jpg (74 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
errol_flynn_58235-1024x768.jpg
74 KB, 1024x768
>>63104936
OP here. I haven't made a thread in several days, it's something I don't usually do because they tend to die after a few posts. Not sure who the fuck you're confusing me with, but I ain't him nigga.
>>
>>63104974
What about legal drugs like alcohol? Friends, hiw i met your mother. All these folks drink in nearly every episode. And you see them get drunk and have fun most of the time.
Also what about charlie Sheen tv shows?Sure he is portrayed as an alcoholic but you want to be just like him. You ddon't want to be allen the loser who doesn't have fun and doesn't drink.
>>
>>63105148
i can tell you've never seen friends
>>
>>63104730
just watch any Seth Rogan movie
>>
Blue mountain state
>>
>>63105179
This is true. I just assumed that it is the same shit
>>
>>63104974
>This is a decent answer, although whether or not the portrayal is "positive" is debatable

Hardly. They even cover it in that Hollywood Stories or whatever. Some documentary. They never wanted it to be portrayed in a positive light. Look at how they portrayed Leo.

In every single instance it just gets them in trouble and makes them abnormally retarded. Such as the episode where they decide to smoke all their weed because Kelso called the White House.
>>
>>63105275
Admittedly, I haven't seen that much of That 70's Show. Laugh tracks just annoy the fuck out of me.

I appreciate the response though.
>>
>>63105372
It really showcases the stereotypical effects of weed. Massive amounts of paranoia, horrible decision making, and memory loss (Hyde constantly mentioning a car that runs on water)
>>
>>63104829
fuck off kekboi
>>
>>63105217
friends is way better. probably honestly the best sitcom of all time. they managed to make all TEN seasons of it incredibly funny
>>
>>63104730
Every show that has ever involved a doctor
>>
>>63105596
lol
>being a fucking faggot
>>
>>63105431
So basically the impression I get, is That 70's Show simply uses weed as a reason to have the characters to do even dumber shit than they usually do, for comedic affect. About what you'd expect from a network sitcom.
>>
>>63104730
But drugs ARE bad.
It's like asking for a show that portrays stealing and murdering in a positive light.
>>
>>63105770
The Wire
>>
>>63105596
>better then Seinfeld,cheers, the Simpsons, Fraiser

You wish
>>
>>63104877
Brilliant retort. Laying off chemicals has clearly enhanced your cognitive abilities.
>>
>>63104730
>Okay, so the theme that "drugs are bad, evil and will ruin your life" seems to be present in every TV series ever.
no really, media overwhelming seems to imply cocaine is fun and harmless so long as you aren't selling it
>>
>>63105770

Breaking Bad
Banshee
>>
Skins and Misfits come to mind
>>
>>63104730
Trailer Park Boys
>>
>>63104730
Limitless
>>
>>63105770
>comparing a solitary act that harms no one else, to crimes that directly hurt others
Are you damaged?
>>
DUDE LSD LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO
DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO
DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO
>>
Mad Men had plenty of episodes with LSD, weed and cocaine. They weren't portrayed badly at all. LSD helped Roger get his mojo back. Rich and successful people were smoking weed and the creative department seemed to live on it. Joan was snorting coke and it wasn't a big deal.
>>
>>63104829
DUDE
>>
Obama's biopic surely
>>
>>63105865
We /rogan/ now
>>
File: John_Prine.jpg (46 KB, 451x600) Image search: [Google]
John_Prine.jpg
46 KB, 451x600
>>63105965
>>63105942
>>63105923
>>63105034
>>63105192
OP here, thanks for these. Some I've seen, but I'll add all to my list of things to watch/rewatch.
>>
>>63105595
whats that? c͏͏u͏͏c͏͏kboi? never heard of it
>>
>>63104730
Except the episode of pic actually shows how happy he was with drugs in his life
>>
limitless
>>
>>63104829
fucking degenerate
>>
>>63107266
And then randy marsh says they arent really bad, but dumb and useless, why spend time high when you could be doing productive things like honing skills or hobbies?

Thats my thought on drugs, at least not hard ones, people who are boring use them, hence why we see people who only talk about weed and take it as a form of life.
>>
>>63108713
OP's is from where Garrison loses his job, does drugs, gets married, is happy and then everyone forces him to go back to his shitty old life.

The other drug episode Future Selves where Randy says that, so i guess SP's overall view is "okay, but depends your usage/attitude aka not black and white"
>>
>>63108772
Yeah, I had a feeling they were different episodes, even in the garrison episode doesnt he stop doing drugs and get his job back?
>>
>>63105596
It's only ok, but you're right that they don't get drunk all the time.

I hate the way they dance around sex. I know it's probably a S&P issue but they're so coy and it annoys me
>>
>>63108814
The townpeople literally kidnapped him from his wife and perfect life, force him into rehab that is clearly useless (not destructive, happy etc) and basically brainwashes him into old Garrison.

It's honestly probably a parody of the usual drug tropes ie they become a destructive human wreckage due to drugs etc, but I was trying to counter OP with his own pic.
>>
>>63105760
Well I don't think they were ever allowed to directly address that they were smoking so they had to be obvious.
>>
>>63105865
Eat shit, you desperate retard.
>>
>>63104730
iCarly
>>
In most of these shows or movies, it is more the overconsumption or excess of these drugs that is portrayed as bad.
>>
File: link.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>63105963
Ironic shitposting is still shitpostig anon.
>>
File: hl.jpg (19 KB, 345x346) Image search: [Google]
hl.jpg
19 KB, 345x346
>>63104759
>>
>>63108713
>why spend time high when you could be doing productive things like honing skills or hobbies?
Oh fuck off. That logic can literally be applied to anything anybody does to pass the time that's not productive i.e. browsing 4chan
>>
>>63109319
Right now we're debating about drugs and their usefullness, and yes anything like tv shows could be ignored and be doing something useful, but at keast its better than sitting there baked on your mind laughing at the stupidest shit and stuffing your face
>>
Yes, any Seth Rogen flick.
>DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>63109180
>>>/v/

Fuck off /v/ermin
>>
>>63104812

workaholics. Looks like they are usually having a good time whenever they take drugs.
>>
>>63105951
>a solitary act that harms no one else,
>He thinks the farmers working on the weed fields aren't treated worse than slaves in the 18th century

ayy lmao
>>
>>63109575
>but at keast its better than sitting there baked on your mind laughing at the stupidest shit and stuffing your face
This is like saying people who drink alcohol are always stumbling around and starting fistfights. Most weed-smokers just do the shit they would do anyway, stoned or not. But nevermind, enjoy believing in cultural stereotypes that help you to feel superior.
>>
>>63108861
>>63108772
It's Mister Mackey you dolt, drugs screwing around with your brains, stop screwing around
>>
DUDE
WEED
LMAO
>>
>>63104730
Fringe was pretty pro LSD
>>
>>63109660
Um, it's pretty easy to make sure the weed you get is from the US, even legally grown. Hell, you can fucking grow it yourself.
>>
>>63109715
You don't practice any of those options you preach though
>>
>>63109671
Why not just do the shit you normally do with out the weed as a fucking crutch?
>>
File: 1446558021531.jpg (16 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1446558021531.jpg
16 KB, 300x400
>>63109715
>b-b-b-but that totally negates the fact that the people who slave to manufacture drugs
>>
>>63109699
The aussies are awake
>>
>>63109762
It's the illegality of drugs that causes this. People will always do drugs, and there will always be someone there to supply them. Only by legalizing and regulating them can you eliminate this kind of shit. This should be obvious
>>
>>63109748
>projecting
You really don't know anything about weed do you? I've nor any of my friends have ever used it as a crutch. Like people use alcohol we consume it to enhance a good time or to just chill out. Some people enjoy getting high and there's nothing wrong with that. Get over it.
>>
File: 1445176216130.gif (2 MB, 448x295) Image search: [Google]
1445176216130.gif
2 MB, 448x295
>>63109820
>Coffee is legal/Fruits are legal
>People still working as slaves to gather and produce this for us
Try again/10
>>
>>63109748
Wow, nice logic moron. You can literally point at any "non-productive" activity and claim that someone is using it as a crutch. Watching movies? A crutch. Books? A crutch. Junk Food? Crutch. Shitposting on 4chan? Definitely a crutch.

It's a meaningless term used to insult people who do things you don't agree with or like. Your ignorance? Such a crutch.
>>
>>63109820
I'll take "what is the black market and undercutting" for 200 please
>>
>>63109873
okay, and what fucking argument are you trying to make again? That people work as slaves in many countries to produce goods? Is this actually fucking news to anyone?
>>
this is the thread that made me realize I was too old to be on /tv/
>>
File: 1434493491691.jpg (151 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1434493491691.jpg
151 KB, 508x610
>>63109617
No
>>
>>63109931
You said this would be solved by making it legal you dummie
>>
>>63105820

This. Why does /tv/ have such a hard-on for Friends? It's generic, and not even remotely funny
>>
>>63110006
It would eliminate a lot of it. When there are legal alternatives in one's own country, it cuts into the profits of illicit operations. They won't go away entirely, but that's a given.

More to the point, do you seriously believe the current strategy is the best solution? Give me your wisdom, great one. What would you do?
>>
>>63105148
They smoke too, they call it eating sandwiches.
>>
>>63110058
Too many 90s kids who grew up on reruns. Those of us who lived through the horror know that Friends was for women past their experation date.
>>
This far in no mention of Cheech and Chong. Sort of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
>>
>>63110075
Black market would continue to try and undercut and sell their wares cheaper no matter what anon, the question of it being legal would bring more problems and promote the use of drugs, and harder ones
>b-b-but weed is legal, why isn't coke legal
>B-b-but Absinth is legal, why isn't moonshine legal
It's not like it being illegal to use stops people from using it anyway
>>
File: gdf.jpg (82 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
gdf.jpg
82 KB, 1024x748
>>63110217
>One drug has literally been proven to be less dangerous than alcohol and while the other is highly addictive and can kill you if you consume too much.
I'm still waiting on those freaks who say they should have the right to marry animals since gays can marry now.
>>
>>63104877
When did Diamond Dogs take off? Did Quentin actually accomplish shit? Or are these contrarian teens?
>>
>>63109820
Prohibition was repealed after a while. Turns out if you make shit legal people learn to take it in stride. Not to mention crime drops as making shit illegal makes it way more valuable.
>>
NICE THREAD

BUT WITNESS ME BROTHERS
>>
>>63105965
This is the only good answer in the thread. Neutral drug use doesn't equal showing their positive effects

Is there anything else that shows the positives of lsd or other psychedelics?
>>
>>63111471
>Is there anything else that shows the positives of lsd or other psychedelics?

>I need drugs to be shown in a postive light so I can show all these Jim's and Clyde's how ignorant they are, also need it to reassure that the drugs I'm using are okay in a few directors eyes
>>
>>63111574
Actually I would enjoy seeing it being shown in a negative light as well. Just curious, I have no plans trying them but psychedelic and hallucinogens are interesting to me

Thanks for your input though
>>
>>63111574
>projecting

If you knew how drug users really are, you'd know it's not just addicts who steal to maintain their habit. Like some other anon said, it's no different than drinking a beer or two here and there. Real addicts have messed up minds and cannot interact normally in the real world. Weed to hardcore drugs is like comparing budweiser to moonshine. Or fapping to getting pegged while wearing your mother's clothing and guzzling cum. It is so far down below that people who do drugs laugh at sheltered suburbanites who demonize it. Only people past middle-age, religiousfags, and neo-conservatives give a shit anymore.

I live in california and so I must assume if you live in a place where it's illegal only low-lifes flock to it cause you mist know some shady people to buy it from. Here, and in other not-retarded places, you can get a paper that lets you buy it legally for less than $60.

I don't have to deal with criminals (though I do have friends who deal meth) to buy my bud, and many customers like me aren't teens. If you are over 18 and have disposable income, and most importantly a job, why shouldn't you enjoy smoking? I though you fags wanted to differentiate yourselves from the newer anti-freedom liberals?
>>
File: seth-rogen-DUDE.jpg (32 KB, 600x293) Image search: [Google]
seth-rogen-DUDE.jpg
32 KB, 600x293
DUDE
>>
desu senpai testing hooah yeah
>>
>>63111952
>Or fapping to getting pegged while wearing your mother's clothing and guzzling cum.

that's me
>>
>>63105596
>>63110157
Friends is weird, in that it feels like the kind of show that ought to be downright terrible, being super popular and aimed at the worst kind of normie women as it is. And yet its actually capable of being genuinely funny and clever in its handling of issues if you ignore the soapy bullshit it's infested with, so you feel like you really want to defend it against any potential slight against it and end up gushing about it inadvertently, even if there are better shows. I think tons of people here feel the same way
>>
>>63112077
Waste of dubs. Friends is shit. Too sappy and the people are fake and not relatable. Compare this to Married With Children, or Seinfeld (people being shitty and not really doing shit irl), hell even with Sabrina the Teenage Witch. The characters are believable and react in realistic ways. Friends was for suburban PC people.

There's a reason George Lopez said it was a white-people show.
>>
>>63112201
>Too sappy and the people are fake and not relatable.
Dude, I'm not disagreeing in the slightest. Seinfeld is easily the better show, I'm just pointing out why people feel the need to over praise it, since you could easily get the impression that's its much worse than its capable of being.

>Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Eh? I mean, I'm not knocking it at all it's the best western magical girl show pretty much, but really? Why would you say its that much better?
>>
>>63109748
The flaw in that logic is assuming weed is a crutch
>>
>>63104730
just because you see a science-man on jewish television programme doing drugs does not mean that you are a smart science-man when you do drugs, mane
>>
File: the future is even sadder.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
the future is even sadder.gif
2 MB, 750x750
If only more people read infinite jest.
>>
>>63105820
The simpsons is overall shit m8.
>>
>>63112859
>druggie
>posting shit book
>dumbfrogposter

Yep, druggies are pathetic.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.