[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The sewer scene. That was actually some genuine horror right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Mockingjay-48.jpg (193 KB, 971x400) Image search: [Google]
Mockingjay-48.jpg
193 KB, 971x400
>The sewer scene.

That was actually some genuine horror right there.
>>
>>63103560
Agreed. It was legitimately tense. Toovbaf the rest of the movie felt like a parody.
>>
Dat jumpscare happened just as I came back from the toilet
>>
>>63103734
I never read the books, so I liked the bait & switch of the ending.

Even if it was a little predictable. Snow getting beaten to death while laughing was great.
>>
I knew what was going to happen since I read the books, so it wasnt really that scary, I liked how they used flames to light the tunmels though
>>
>>63103772

Snow did nothing wrong tbqh.
>>
>>63103786
They did the jump scare perfectly. They let it go silent, which so many horror movies get wrong, and let the tension build. They offered a number of moments for the jump to happen, but they allowed it to linger... To hold until just the right moment.

I seriously got Alien feels from this... Dallas' death comes to mind.
>>
Did anyone else think that the Peeta brainwashing subplot felt forced and unnecassary? It made the guy damn near irredeemable as a character.
>>
>>63103853
Yeah, I really liked how they kept it quiet, I think they showed when the reptiles jumped in the trailer though, its a shame.
>>
This movie was so Fucking predictable and I didn't even watch the other ones.

1/10
>>
>brother of the hottest male in the world
>gets keked by a manlet

top kek
>>
>literally just put a photo of Philip Seymour Hoffman at the end

This movie was such a mess. Dull as can be with a snoozefest ending.
>>
>>63104726
Killing your girl's sister will do that.
>>
The concept of the pods and them overcoming the traps was probably the best parts of the movie

The peeta/katniss parts were boring and felt forced
>>
All meme shit aside I personally think Maze Runner Scorch Trials was better
>>
is the sewer a metaphor for the franchise?
>>
>>63103560
agreed
sewer through subway was goddamn tense, most immersive part of the movie by far

though I suppose that's not necessarily saying a lot...

eh, snow's death was done pretty well too I guess
>>
>>63103560
desu the sewer scene had me tense as a motherfucker
>>
>>63105481
ayyy
>>
>>63103560
Why didn't they just lay siege to the city and starve them out?
>>
any bookfags want to explain these mutts? they were never in any other movie and then just showed up, no backstory or nothin...
>>
>>63103949
the worst thing is she had kids with a manlet
>>
>>63106371
my niece said they were mutants
>>
what movie is this
>>
>>63106432
nvm saw filename
>>
>>63106432
what movie is it?
>>
>>63106339
If they waited for that, there would be a lot more openings for the Capitol troops, traps and what not to kill more civilians and District 13 members before they took the Capitol.
>>
>>63106464
its called anon is a faggot.
>>
>>63106400
how did they get that way? did the capitol have control of them? why weren't they used more against the rebels to just rush and create havoc?
>>
File: 1445463542573.jpg (66 KB, 848x477) Image search: [Google]
1445463542573.jpg
66 KB, 848x477
This movie was boring capeshit-tier trash and even the sewer scene couldn't save it.

So glad I didn't have to buy a ticket to watch this shit, I drove a group to the theater a few days ago and they were kind enough to give me a free ticket.
>>
>>63103764
The average /tv/ poster, folks

hurr pleb hurr trash hurr gonna go see the fucking hunger games in the theater as a 20 something year old man
>>
>>63106504

The movies and books are FULL of game-changing weapons that are only used at select points in the story when the plot calls for them.

It really makes no sense at all, even in the books.
>>
>>63103560
they shoehorned monsters into hunger games? oh wow.
>>
>>63103560
The action in The Hunger Games has always been pretty good.

The movie series has a lot of flaws but I love the pacing of it all and how tense most of the action is.
>>
>>63106563

Different anon but I'm a school bus driver that took a load of middle school kids to see it a few days ago - the teachers gave me a free ticket otherwise there was no way I was going to actually pay to see that shit.
>>
File: HG2-1024x785.png (796 KB, 1024x785) Image search: [Google]
HG2-1024x785.png
796 KB, 1024x785
>>63106504
they used mutants in the first book too but in the movie they where portrayed as some rabid dogs near the end.
the mockinjays the name is based on are also mutations
>>
>>63106594
Have you seen these movies? It's always been a part of them. There were humanoid dog monsters in the first one along with super hornets, and in the second one there were monster baboons.
>>
>>63106594
It's directly from the book, for better or worse.
>>
>>63103560
Did Finnick lose his head? That was priceless moment in the book.
>>
>>63104841
But I could give her a better sister/family.
>>
File: boringrad.jpg (108 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
boringrad.jpg
108 KB, 612x612
>stupid teen dystopia bullshit
>suddenly The Descent happens
>>
I laughed.

Hunger games trying to get at the zombie audience.

Fucking dumb.
>>
>>63107215
No. He pussied out at last second and blew out in a huge explosion.
>>
>>63106563
so?
>>
>>63107367
Pretty much.

The sewers are when the movie got interesting.
>>
>>63106626
I think its some gay ass shit like mutt-ations
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.