[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's he been up to in the last few months? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10
File: 1432342935715.jpg (87 KB, 1111x643) Image search: [Google]
1432342935715.jpg
87 KB, 1111x643
What's he been up to in the last few months?
I've checked out and I'm curious for updates.

Also /tgwtg/ general, I guess.
>>
File: 1358769335408.gif (700 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1358769335408.gif
700 KB, 360x203
>it's Spoony overanalyzes groceries with his Zoe Quinn look alike girlfriend episode
>>
>>63101681
Nothing. He doesn't do anything anymore. He gets paid $3600 to exist by his fans - that's it
>>
File: 1423185820392.jpg (644 KB, 1024x1012) Image search: [Google]
1423185820392.jpg
644 KB, 1024x1012
>>63101681
I hate that I even know about this ugly, unfunny motherfucker all because you dipshits won't stop talking about him and treating him like he matters at all.

Channel awesome is the worst collection of washed out losers trying (and failing) to accomplish through group narcissism and mediocrity what RLM was able to accomplish by just being self-aware and drunk on camera.

I really hope "Spoony" kills himself so you pathetic mongs will stop trying to relate to him.
>>
>>63101863

Man, that's an old gif. Makes me depressingly nostalgic to be honest family.
>>
>>63101863
no way, he did't actually do this right?
>>
>>63102150
Oh yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cNnZyhrdO4
>>
File: nyet344_160050.jpg (514 KB, 2000x1402) Image search: [Google]
nyet344_160050.jpg
514 KB, 2000x1402
>>63101681
DUDE STUR WURZ COMES OUT IN THREE WKS AND THERES A BALCK GUY IN IT!
>>
He'll make an occasional 3 hour wrestling v-log about how much he hates modern wrestling, and he spends a shitload of time on twitter posting comic panels and trying to give them lolfunny captions. #themanyconcussionsofhaljordan
>>
File: images-2.jpg (14 KB, 384x383) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
14 KB, 384x383
>tfw no mildly successful Internet series to give you false hope of eventual stardom and ruin your life
>>
>>63101863
>tfw old spoony used to make jokes about weebs and bukkake-ing Final Fantasy characters
And now he talks about 'lol so randum' crappy Japanese street vendor food.
>>63102139
This.
>>
File: spoony to the rescue.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spoony to the rescue.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>spoony doesn't make movie reviews despite the fact that it's what he does best
>no more FMV hell, no black hole of board games etc.

If you like manic tweets about comic panels, cryptic tweets about some game he's currently playing, and 2 hour vlogs about wrestling then oh boy you're in luck!

But no seriously. Spoony really need to step it up.
>>
I'm surprised that he hasn't alienated his entire fanbase by this point. For someone who's completely reliant on his fans for money, he's a complete jackass to them. He's always sperging out and tearing down his twitter followers for innocuous things like enjoying a movie that he thinks is bad. If you watch his livestreams, he'll yell at people in the chat for little or no reason. Combine that with the fact that his fans are paying him thousands of dollars a month to make content and he's made essentially zero content for the last two or three years. I remember when he first made patreon, he made a video talking about how he was scheduling each day of the week to work on different projects; he was going to quit twitter because he wasted too much time on it. Fast forward to now, he does nothing but fuck around on twitter 24/7.
>>
>>63102450

Not to mention he found that he could post up livestreams of him playing any random shit making a few comments between hours of filler and his fans would still eat it up. So he has no reason to put any work or effort into actual reviews. Admittedly he can do great let's plays, but the commentary only really works when whatever he is playing is packed end to end with hilarious, outlandish stuff, like Phantasmagoria. But why bother digging up games like that when you can just record yourself playing MGS for ten hours?
>>
>>63101681
Don't know who this guy is, but it's clear he has a drinking problem
>>
>>63101681
He's been doing game streaming, it's been literally 8 months since his last real video, I miss him
>>
File: Spoony.png (62 KB, 886x439) Image search: [Google]
Spoony.png
62 KB, 886x439
>>63102450
I just want him to get back to doing reviews and to stop being so PC ;_;
>>
>>63102987
P-please don't take away my patreon money. How else will I be able to tweet comic book scans all day?
>>
File: 1416671002648.jpg (5 KB, 143x127) Image search: [Google]
1416671002648.jpg
5 KB, 143x127
>Spoony hasn't done a video game review in literally a year
>Hasn't done a Final Fantasy review in almost two years
>Has done nothing but Wrestling rants and live stream video games

What happened to him? I remember being a sophomore in high school back in 2007 when I first saw his Final Fantasy VIII review. It was hilarious as fuck. I get nostalgic looking at his older videos. Goddamn I hate how much he has fallen from grace. Guy was actually really funny
>>
File: Spoony1.png (23 KB, 236x673) Image search: [Google]
Spoony1.png
23 KB, 236x673
>>63103097
He's gone down to at least half since his peak, he just needs to pay some editor somewhere to cut his footage for youtube instead of trying to do it himself
>>
>>63103207

Also apparently Patreon takes a decent cut of that money and the total is inflated by people pledging money they can't pay. That fat British cunt apparently only gets half of what his Patreon says so Spoony is probably only making like $1500 a month at best. Can any Phoenix bros tell me if that's liveable?
>>
I loved Spoony back when he released quality content like Phantasmagoria 2 and the Ultima Retrospective. I even liked his Ripper review even though a lot of people thought it was mediocre. But he just doesn't do anything worth a shit anymore. He's fallen so far from grace. All he does is release shitty vlogs nobody watches and live stream games. And while the live streams might sound nice like "oh he's making content", it's honestly the worst of anything he does. He doesn't make jokes. He barely talks at all. He's not funny when he doesn't have a script prepared and he knows it so he just doesn't talk at all. So you're just sitting there watching him play a game, and for that return on your time investment there are a lot of people who are more fun to watch.
>>
>>63103390
Also reminder about Taxes; Withholdings for Federal, State, being self-employed and all. I doubt Pateron does any kind of withholdings nor any W-2 or 1099 paperwork. I would fathom that once the Pateron check does cash in one must save back 30% of the amount purely for when the Taxman comes around.
>>
File: mike get the fuck out.gif (2 MB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
mike get the fuck out.gif
2 MB, 300x375
>
>>
>>63103390
Patreon take 10 percent, and you also have to account for taxes. You also have to remember that not all the charges will go through, I know a person on youtube who makes a little more than spoony does, it'll probably not even be as close to that about. 2/3 if he's lucky, and that's before tax.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.