[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here believe in God? I only ask because HE JUST ANSWE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: mst3kHulu.jpg (33 KB, 510x283) Image search: [Google]
mst3kHulu.jpg
33 KB, 510x283
Anyone here believe in God? I only ask because
HE JUST ANSWERED ALL OUR PRAYERS!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k
>>
The original cast has an open invite to come back. TV can once again see TV's Frank, and we can learn to laugh at horrible movies instead of getting triggered over the cast diversity!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpgZAO9pDnY
>>
Hot garbage, you're only contributing to Joel's retirement fund.
>>
>>63098411
This. He was terrible.
>>
>>63098411
>>63098503
i watched both Mike's Riff Tracks and joel's Cinematic Titanic. I like Mike as a voice actor more, but Joel as a writer much more. Also, Mike as well as the rest of the cast are welcome to come back, Joel let an open invite for everyone who worked on it n the past. He seems in hopes to get the mads and seeming even Mike back, he didn't play "himself" (the only human) in the trailer. I'm not saying it's going to be instant classics like Mitchel or Space Mutiny, but it's nice to see if it comes back the actual writers will still be involved.
>>
>>63097911
>Great now tom servo will be on edge about race at all times
>>
>>63097661
>Felicia Day

No thanks.
>>
Are you guys serious? This is a TV board, MST3K and Twin Peaks are coming back next year and none of you are shitting yourselves? This is like a new Godzilla film by Toho made without CG coming back and monster fans just saying, "Meh..."
>>
>>63098699
It wasn't just Mike who made the show great, but it definitely improved when he took over that role in the show. I always thought Joel was too bland. I wish this reboot would be good, but the original guys really haven't expressed any interest in it so don't hold your breath. They have a pretty solid thing going over at Rifftrax. I dunno it might just be their chemistry but no one else seems to have the talent like those guys.
>>
>>63098920

At some point, you need to move on. The culture of digging up the past instead of looking forward to newer and better things is a negative one. One that I'm guilty of, but I nevertheless recognize as a flaw. Am I looking forward to the new Twin Peaks? Yes. Should I? That's a harder question to answer. Mostly because it entirely depends upon the quality of the product. I don't know if the new Twin Peaks is going to be good. It could be terrible. But, because of that brand recognition, it already has a following of people that will watch it and like it regardless of quality. I'd rather they made something entirely new, and if it gets the attention that it would have received by default if it were just a continuation of an existing property, then it would have earned that attention.

Max Landis understands half of this, when he argues about American Ultra being a "new IP", but he can't seem to grasp that people just don't like American Ultra. You need to make something that is both new, and GOOD. Often times things that are new are bad, so why not make it old and bad instead? At least then people might watch it. This is the tactic of the lazy Hollywood producer, that is now being adopted by the names of yesteryear in the hopes of milking nostalgia on Kickstarter.
>>
>>63098920
love MST3K, but it just sounds like a money grab. It already has 200 fucking episodes, do we really need more?

No one has said the new Godzilla movie won't be CG by the way. New Gamera is CG so who knows what will happen.
>>
>>63097661
Is it now mandatory that if something can be remotely attached to nerd culture, either Felicia Day or Wil Wheaton have to shit all over it with their smug, talentless presence?

Was a law passed when I wasn't paying attention?
>>
>>63099495
She is literally the nerdiest girl in the world and a beloved geek icon everywhere
>>
File: wheatonday.jpg (90 KB, 729x603) Image search: [Google]
wheatonday.jpg
90 KB, 729x603
>>63099495

What's wrong? WE'RE SO GEEKY AHA DON'T YOU LOVE US?
>>
File: mst3k.png (81 KB, 1253x468) Image search: [Google]
mst3k.png
81 KB, 1253x468
>>63098699
>Mike as well as the rest of the cast are welcome to come back
>He seems in hopes to get the mads and seeming even Mike back
>>
>>63099652
She literally sucks in everything she does.

She was a failed actress that glommed on to geek culture to claw her way to the D-List.

She's basically Olivia Munn if Munn hadn't been pretty enough to fuck her way out of the nerdosphere and do real movies.
>>
>>63099823
Last I checked, Olivia Munn didn't found and run a company and have a net worth of millions of dollars.
>>
File: 1440362843780.jpg (101 KB, 660x325) Image search: [Google]
1440362843780.jpg
101 KB, 660x325
>>63099949
And I remember Olivia Munn writing a book but I don't remember it being one of the most successful books in the country
>>
>>63099949
>>63099990

FDDF in full effect. Felicia Day a shit. Get over it.
Or don't. That's just like, your opinion man. You like what you like. It's cool, man.
But seriously, fuck you. Felicia Day ruins everything and you're part of the problem.
>>
>>63098956
Rifftrax is dead now. They stopped producing riffs for popular movies because everybody who wanted to listen to them pirated the remuxed movie file torrent anyway.
>>
>>63097661
how does it cost a million dollars to make one episode of mst3k? you could make a feature film for less than that.
>>
>>63099797
>>63099495
>>63099419
>>63099405
Man this is bumming me out. I was happy as hell to see one of my favorite shows return. I know it isn't going to be great but I really doubt it's going to be utter shit.

Honestly though, what else is there to look forward to? I'm more excited to see good youtube videos than I am to see the next PC version of a Marvel Comic or a movie based on CoD.

Don't worry, if the new MST3K sucks, I'll eat my words.
>>
There are people who actually like Felicia Day?
>>
>>63100137
They want to get paid really well for doing this.
>>
File: tweeps.jpg (47 KB, 958x210) Image search: [Google]
tweeps.jpg
47 KB, 958x210
>>63100327
Millions of them
>>
>>63100336
you know they actually made a feature film? i can't find its budget, but it only grossed a million dollars total.
>>
>>63100327
you know, part of me wants to like felicia day. she's a red head, not obese, and expresses interest in the same things that i have an interest in.

it's just that she's a godawful actress, and is entirely too SJWey. to say nothing of how she responds to criticism (which is basically to say anita tier).
>>
File: 1431029328299.png (59 KB, 390x406) Image search: [Google]
1431029328299.png
59 KB, 390x406
>>63100163
>I was happy as hell to see one of my favorite shows return
Why? How did you not pick up on the fact that this was a cash-grab by Joel from the moment you saw it? Are you keeping an open mind about the Ghostbusters remake as well?

>what else is there to look forward to?
The sweet release of death.
>>
>>63100384
Ugh.
>>
>>63100163
I kinda know what you mean, the fact that Jojo part 4 is gonna air next year prevents me from committing suicide
>>
>>63100078
stay mad, anon.
>>
>>63099949
>>63099990
Go to bed, Wil.
>>
We should be donating money to Bill, fucker looks on his last legs.
>>
>>63098920
At this point, a lot of popular things have returned from our childhoods, and they have all been disappointments, barring a few examples. I hold out hope for Twin Peaks not because of the show exactly, but because Lynch is directing. I'd be excited if Lynch released a regular film though. Twin Peaks just happens to be the vehicle.

I'd prefer the shows I loved growing up to stay in the past.
>>
>tom is revealed to be a negro
oh, great. But I guess if he does good comedy and avoids tumblr tier SJW narratives he'll be fine
>first line is literally race baiting shit

DROPPED

i probably wasn't watching anyway because of camel
>>
File: ave.jpg (362 KB, 1200x1788) Image search: [Google]
ave.jpg
362 KB, 1200x1788
>>63100632
>>63098920
On the other hand THIS delivered like a motherfucker
>>
>>63097661
Funny enough
I was more prone to believing in god before this shit
Fuck Joel
>>
File: 1371966942445.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1371966942445.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>>63100544
good one.
>>
>>63097911
>Crow will never make a gay joke again

The fact that he, as a character, is back makes it worse.
>>
>>63100088
>producing riffs for popular movies
Which is great, I've been laughing harder at the weird crappy movies they've been finding recent.
>>
>>63100163

Twin Peaks is keeping me going.
>>
>>63100088
>they stopped producing riffs for popular movies

They made a Michael Bay Ninja Turtles riff recently. They just went back to their roots.
>>
>>63100544
kek
>>
>>63099797
>Benevolent Knievel

Does that guy have a fedora surgically applied to his skull?
>>
>>63098838
.........eeeeeeh ouch
>>
>>63098920
Fuck Joel, this is his last, desperate money grab.
I hope it fails and he hangs himself while in a Google hangout.
>>
>>63097661
I'm donating to RiffTrax, because fuck Kikestarter scams.
>>
>>63102627
I do need to get around to purchasing some MST3K from Rifftrax. The money goes to everyone ever involved unlike when you buy it any other way.
>>
Ever watch Joel's stand-up act from the 1980s? He was probably the funniest prop comic ever which is kind of like being the most successful person on 4chan and has a long-standing feud with Gallagher.
>>
>>63100088
Rifftrax is alive and well. It's just now they focus on riffing b-movies instead of blockbusters.
>>
Joel isn't even hosting it, he's only their spokesman to get it off the ground. Enjoy your Camel gurl gamer feminazi shit.
>>
>>63105300
He's going to be involved in writing and bot design.
>>
I can't believe they're bringing back invention exchange. That was such a Joel's standup routine thing, it doesn't make sense for anyone else to do it. Mike had to do it for a little while because it was a staple of the show at the time, and of course you have a transition time. But to bring it back? It wasn't mentioned at the start of the Kickstarter, just something in the last update. Maybe Jonah or Felicia asked for it?
>>
>>63103089
Why pay $10/ep and pay everybody when you can pay $5/ep and fuck everybody else it all goes to the Kickstarter! Thanks Joel
>>
>>63097661
MST3K isn't even funny, I don't understand why everyone has a murder boner for it. If I wanted someone to talk shit over a movie, I'd have black friends.
>>
>>63107488
I'm 50/50 on inventions. Hit-and-miss like the rest of the show.

They're also bringing back audience letters, which give the show a nice, dare I say comfy feeling of community that was missing in the Mike years.
>>
>>63107628
>you came here to post this
here's your reply
>>63107958
>mike didn't do letters
>>
>>63097661
why would anyone even want this when rifftracks exists? It's literally the same thing with the same cast just without all the corny skits inbetween riffing
>>
>>63108817
cause muh nostalgia. Ever look back to all those Goosebump shows you used to watch as a kid? They sure are shit now that you're a grown up. The same applies for MST3K.
>>
>>63099990
The only reason why he little book sold was because she was a GG "victim" and got endorsements from everyone under the sun who is anti gamer gate, including Anita. And the only reason why she was attacked, was because she made an article saying "I hope I am not a target, tee hee, because I am such a little nerd girlz, lol"

Fuck her for being playing the victim to make money
>>
>>63109223
>implying this alone doesn't make her a target
Shit, even mentioning GG anywhere it's traceable makes you a target. I watched a twitterfriend get bombarded with GG horseshit just today.
>>
>>63109384
Gonna need some proof, hoss.
>>
>>63109468
You think I'll give you his twitter so you can keep harassing him? No thanks, friend.
>>
>>63109571
Yeah F@M I am going to need some proof on that one too, also siding with SJW's is stabbing your fellow man in the back. So fuck him
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.