[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Her2013Poster.jpg (43 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
Her2013Poster.jpg
43 KB, 270x400
What does /tv/ think of this movie
>>
>>63096468
I loved it. It also had some of the best voice acting I have ever heard. Why can't cartoons use these kinda of methods?
Also Joaquin Phoenix looked like a Pedophile
>>
I stopped watching it. It was way too uncomfortable to watch another man masturbate on the camera
>>
I really liked it. Saw it in theaters.
>>
>>63096962
the voice acting was great, but what truly amazing about this movie was how they showed this futuristic view of our world and kept an impressive realism to it. The small details, the future-retro fashion styles that look quirky but plausible, not everyone is absorbed by technology. The scenes were filmed perfectly whenever they were showing a new room. The only flaw I can really put on this movie is the cheesy scenes in which he takes samantha around at the fair.

Its also very eye-opening concerning love in general and what distinguishes humans from machines. Its probably the best movie i've ever watched

>>63097033
Come on, its not that bad, It wasnt explicit either.

>>63097108
same, it was great.
>>
>>63097175
>they showed this futuristic view of our world and kept an impressive realism to it

except for the part where the middle class still existed and everyone wasn't starving to death thanks to the collapse of global agriculture.
>>
>>63096468
Pretty good. Mean to give it another go one of these days. Beautifully shot, Phoenix's performance was good as usual. Writing had some hiccups if I recall correctly though.
>>
>>63097033

Aroused you mean, fag?

>>63097310

Hiccups like what
>>
>>63096468
Am I the only one who doesn't like this movie? I really want to like each movie in Spike Jonze's filmography because he really does have great ideas, but I just don't like them for whatever reason. I gave Being John Malkovich, Her, Where The Wild Things Are and Adaptation repeat viewings but I just enjoy them the way the general population does
>>
>>63097545
Sorry I forgot a word

Am I the only one who doesn't like this movie? I really want to like each movie in Spike Jonze's filmography because he really does have great ideas, but I just don't like them for whatever reason. I gave Being John Malkovich, Her, Where The Wild Things Are and Adaptation repeat viewings but I just don't enjoy them the way the general population does
>>
>>63097272
fuck off leftie
>>
>>63097596

>Am I the only one

No kid, there are plenty of bottom-of-the-barrel plebs who don't enjoy it as well, but most of them have the good sense to just acknowledge they have a dissenting opinion and not keep whining about it just to have their voices heard.
>>
>>63096468
I heard this film is a joke in the patrician scene
>>
>>63097679
Hey fuck you buddy I'm trying to get a conversation going

Maybe you should go back to sucking the sweat from your Dad's ballsack
>>
>>63097679
not him but how the fuck do you actually type kid in that manner and not ahve your face implode from cringing. do yourself a favor and stop doing that.
You might as well end your posts with:
"Ps: call me daddy ;DDDDDD"

you're right though, not fan of the whole rhetorical "am i the only one" question

>>63097718
how so

>>63097732
>>63097596
I havent seen the other movies you mentioned, so I cant help you. Would you still recommend me "where the wild things are" even if it wasnt your cup of tea?
>>
>>63097596
it's not a good movie, it's just unusual so it appeals to people who think distinctiveness = original and artistic.

Ex Machina is basically what Her wanted to be but had no fucking clue how to pull off.
>>
>>63097786
I would definitely recommend Where the Wild Things Are. I can see what people like in it and it's very beautiful in a quiet kind of way
>>
>>63097787
would you please go into further details on why the movie wasnt good.

Legit curious, im trying to learn stuff concerning criticism towards movies
>>
>>63097849
there's no meaningful stakes because the romantic relationship is artificial. it's a comedy with no actual jokes or funny situations. people think it's clever because the movie presents itself like it's doing something intelligent but there are no actual ideas. the closest it comes is that the premise is a pisstake of online relationships but in those it's actually possible to meet the girl and fuck her so that works for about one scene.

Ex Machina has characters, conflict, setup/payoff and plot developments. Her would probably make an okay 30 minute Twilight Zone episode but there isn't enough for a movie.
>>
>>63096468
I liked when they gently slipped off the roof to their deaths at the end.
>>
>>63098016
I see where you're coming from, I havent seen the movie from that perspective, which would explain why you find it disappointing.

Here's how I've seen it (i'm no authority so take it as you see fit)

I think that the viewer should focus more over the loneliness of a man and how badly he tries to get rid of it, even if it means getting in a relationship with an AI. Here's the thing, his crippling sadness blinds him from the silliness of his decisions, and its only going into a spiral until he hit the wall at the end (the realisation that samantha was with other users, being nothing but an ever-learning program of the human behaviour, etc) .

at first, you see him weirded out by the idea of communicating in a genuine way with a robot, as anyone would, he keeps the company of Sam as a crutch which ironically hurts him even more when he attends social events (the date) as he compares them to his interactions with his ideal of a relationship fueled by the A.I, he eventually lables his reactions towards Sam as "love", knowing that she is nothing more than a mimic

which leads us to ask ourselves if love is truly what we think of it as, for we often forget that we are no more than animals with the luxury of knowing that our existance is short, sugarcotaing and giving trivial meaning to our reactions to stimuli.... a biological drone.

maybe im overthinking this, but this is what these are the thoughts that were awoken after watching the movie.

>>63098055
no they didnt, wtf
>>
>>63098452
**but these are the thoughts that were awoken

fuck, I need to hit the bed, lel
>>
Watched it with my parents last night. I think they got depressed because the MC reminded them of me too much.
>>
File: Yawn.gif (613 KB, 350x239) Image search: [Google]
Yawn.gif
613 KB, 350x239
>>63096468
pic related is my consensus on the movie
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.