[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney animated movies thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: scar.png (109 KB, 331x367) Image search: [Google]
scar.png
109 KB, 331x367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04

What does "be prepared" even mean? Is he warning mufasa to be prepared because shit is gonna go down?

And is it just me or is Scar supposed to be gay?
>>
File: pol.png (400 KB, 730x582) Image search: [Google]
pol.png
400 KB, 730x582
>>
>>63095045
It's literally hitler etc
>>
>>63095045
He's telling his troops to get ready, he's about to launch a coup
>>
File: scar.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
scar.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>63095045

>Scar represents Islam

POTTERY
>>
>>63095652
is this the best song/scene in the entire history of disney?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg
>>
>>63095045
the hyena literally asks: "prepared for what?" - "to the death of the king"
>>
File: Genie.jpg (8 KB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
Genie.jpg
8 KB, 250x205
Aladdin > Lion King
>>
>>63097235
Little Mermaid > Aladdin
>>
>>63095652
The lesson from this movie is that no matter how great you are on the inside if you are ugly you will never get a nice girl. Nice on disney
>>
>>63097322
Hey, in the original book esmeralda dies and quasimodo holds on to her cadaver until he dies of starvation
>>
>>63097199

>be prepared for what?

>for the death of the Lion King, the brand new motion picture event from Disney Animation, coming to at theater near you December 1996!

Jesus really?
>>
>>63095860

I always thought he was more like a jew
The hyenas would be muslim/black immigrants
>>
>>63095045
>And is it just me or is Scar supposed to be gay?
he is queer coded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHm78ymeOc
try not to cringe to hard at the tumblrness of these people
>>
>>63095652
I wish irl gypsies were as hot as esmeralda
>>
>>63095045
That nazi symbology with them all marching.
>>
>>63095885
daily reminder that frollo did nothing wrong. only betakeks will disagree
>>
>>63095885
>You will never set Paris ablaze in your quest to get laid
>>
>>63099969
>lusting over a gypsy
>nothing wrong
>>
>>63095045
I know it's a fucking musical but the terribly convenient way the lava/rocks move for dramatic effect is just too dumb for me
>>
OP that nigga in a musical . of course he is gay. aladin was gay as hell too and all those faggot dwarves
>>
>>63095045
>And is it just me or is Scar supposed to be gay?
the bird says "there's one in every family"
>>
>>63097322
More like if you're ugly you will have to work extra hard just to be accepted socially, and you shouldn't even dream about getting with a nice girl.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duUxdcMhow

O.M.G. he is just like a sassy gay friend xD :D
>>
>>63095045
I know Scar is a bad guy and all as you can plainly see through his actions and words. He's manipulative, sociopathic, bloodthirsty etc. but really there's a personality trait in this song that is so often overlooked by audiences - his misogyny. When the female hyena says 'and where do we feature?' his reply is heavily riddled with patriarchal undertones. His words 'just listen to teacher' are very clearly condescending, and inherently assume a sort of 'rule' over the female hyena (read: man rules over woman), but is played off as some kind of snarky comment, an act of trying to diminish the blatant sexism in the scene. Moreover he violently grabs her by the cheek and shakes her around; if this isn't an example of trivialising domestic abuse then I don't know what is.

Honestly the whole performance is problematic, but this scene in particular really got to me. I had to shut it off.
>>
File: tipsfedora.jpg (26 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.jpg
26 KB, 600x750
>>63100593
>He's manipulative, sociopathic, bloodthirsty etc. but really there's a personality trait in this song that is so often overlooked by audiences - his misogyny.
he's just like me then
>>
File: lk.png (136 KB, 311x309) Image search: [Google]
lk.png
136 KB, 311x309
>>63097235
It's cute that you believe that.
>>
>there are people itt whose favorite disney movie isnt the little mermaid
disgusting
>>
>>63100593
2/10 good for a laugh
>>
>>63097322
No, it means that if you're ugly, poor, and short you can't get a nice girl. If you're tall and rich, like Beast, you have it made.
>>
>>63100593
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.