[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Justified the comfiest show of all time? >Great characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: raylan.jpg (19 KB, 243x345) Image search: [Google]
raylan.jpg
19 KB, 243x345
Is Justified the comfiest show of all time?

>Great characters
>Great banter
>Enjoyable fast-moving case of the week episodes
>Enjoyable well plotted over-arching plots
>That fucking hat
>Sharp as fuck writing
>Boyd using forty words where four will do
>Raylan being a dick to dimwitted bad guys

Name a flaw.
>>
>>63093575
RIP Elmore Leonard
>>
he lives at the end.
>>
Yeah, it's my favorite show. Love the characters and the dialogue. It's even better when you watch it in the evening with a nice drink.
>>
The part that annoys me is how little comeuppance Raylan Givens got at the end of the run.

He was not Boyd -tier mass murderer (he got away with too little too) but he was just a criminal/thug with badge.

He needed an redemption arc to save him but now the ending/his ending is pretty shit.

Good show anyway.

Brad Paisley > Darrell Scott > that other version > the choir version
>>
>>63093821
Nah, at the end of the day he's a good guy who gets the ending he deserves. He's somewhat foolish and reckless, but always essentially justified in what he does. The finale was fucking perfect imo.
>>
>>63093575
Comfiest ending of all times
>>
>>63093575

i'm rewatching it these days, definitely top comfy, also Raylon Givens is one of the most macho masculine men in television, need more of his type in these SJW times

also, >tfw no Tim Gutterson spin-off
>>
>>63093943
>tim never fucked that blonde girl

What a fucking shame man, what a fucking shame!
>>
>>63093984
Wait, wasn't Tim gay?
>>
>>63093998
I don't remember anything about it. In fact there were many mysterious things about him what writers just ignored. Including this blonde chick.
>>
File: raylan givens emotions.jpg (462 KB, 1080x1847) Image search: [Google]
raylan givens emotions.jpg
462 KB, 1080x1847
>>
>>63094065
>unsure
But he always shoots in the chest
>>
It legitimately has one of the most emotionally heavy and touching moments I have seen in TV and film.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens: He didn't know it was a state trooper. He just saw a man in a hat, pointing a gun at Boyd.
Winona Hawkins: A man in a hat?
Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens: Yeah.
>Raylan puts on the hat and leaves the room

Christ.
>>
>>63093885
I thought the ending was a rather letdown. First being that all the MCs made it out of Harlan alive.
>>
>>63094144

i don't like bittersweet endings, i'm glad he made it out
>>
>>63094046
>Tim Gutterson

The writers couldn't be assed to do anything with him. At least the Black QT got some story arc.
>>
>>63094246
The black QT had insane ass+glute+hamstring game
>>
>>63094152
Also, if they were gonna go for a happy ending, he should have adopted Greta. Or I don't know, something should have fucking happened.
>>
>>63093821
>He was not Boyd -tier mass murderer (he got away with too little too) but he was just a criminal/thug with badge.
>He needed an redemption arc to save him but now the ending/his ending is pretty shit.

The way I see it, Raylan earned his redemption by deciding not to kill Boyd in the finale.

I mean, think back to the opening scene of the pilot where we see Raylan use his badge to create a situation where he can kill a guy who's causing him trouble and get away with it. In the finale he's offered a similar opportunity to put down Boyd and be done with it, but he ultimately makes the decision to be a lawman instead of just a killer with a badge. It's a small but significant piece of character development and it makes Raylan's survival against Boone afterwards feel earned to me.
>>
>>63094246
>The writers couldn't be assed to do anything with him.
His storyline with Boyd's army buddy in season 4 was pretty good.
>>
>>63095250
Raylan did more heinous shit than that one piece from pilot. One good doesn't set off all the bad shit he done did.
>>
>>63095313
what exactly did he do that was so wrong?
>>
>>63095337
>Never follows orders
>Breaks laws
>Puts everyone in danger for his personal vendettas
>>
>>63094246
He had some of the best lines though.

>I want Sigourney Weaver to choke me out with her thighs.
>>
>>63095337
organized a fucking mafia hit.
>>
>>63095313
Yeah but the fact that he ultimately chooses to uphold his obligation to the law when it would be much simpler and easier for him to do otherwise shows clear character development that rounds off his arc in the show. It shows that he's capable of moral growth and that he's made a decision about the kind of man he wants to be, a theme that was seeded pretty heavily over the course of the show.
>>
>>63095468
on a fucking scumbag who had it coming
>>
>>63095491
>its okay to be judge jury and comissioner
kill urself raylan
>>
>>63095490
I guess so. I still don't like it.
>>
>>63095506
it's ok if you're Justified starring Timothy Oliphant, airing on FX in your actions.
>>
>>63095381
Everything looks okay to me.
>>
It´s in my top 5 tv shows.

Mid way through season 4 at the moment, breddy gud. Absolutely love his shoes.
>>
>>63093575
tfw youll never leave harlan alive familia
>>
>>63095491
Yeah but still, if you earn a living from the taxpayer for upholding the law and you also collaborate in gangland executions you're kind of a hypocrite.
>>
BRAD'S SONG > PATTY LOVELESS > DARRELL SCOTT > RUBY ORCHESTRA
>>
>>63095381
Shouldn't you be in a Black Lives Matter rally?
>>
>>63093821
Not shooting Boyd was redemption
>>
Am I the only one who wants to see a follow up with Raylan in Florida? At least a miniseries.
>>
>>63096940

Yes.
>>
>>63094246
>>63094279
Never seen the show, pls post this chocolate goddess
>>
>>63093943
Banshee is Justified with more action and gratuitous sex.
>>
>>63094140
Yeah that hit pretty hard when it clicked in my head.
>>
>>63094144

>hurr the song was supposed to be prophetic

cunt
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.