[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
media owned by corporations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
It is worth repeating again and again that the bulk of America’s mainline media is owned and controlled by a mere 6 corporations. This, of course, means that unless you’re already consciously avoiding these mainline media sources, then most of the news and entertainment that makes it onto your screen and into your mind comes from a small pool of corporate sources, all of which play important roles in delivering propaganda, social programming and perpetual crisis narratives to the public.
>>
>>63092381
DUDE KIKES LMAO
>>
File: psycho1.jpg (4 MB, 1730x2596) Image search: [Google]
psycho1.jpg
4 MB, 1730x2596
This isn't an obscure fact, it is widely known.

That said your message would be far more effective and informative if you could integrate examples of the times when the media's owners and an handlers have:

A. manufactured falsehoods as truth

B. censored information to suit their purposes

C.spun information in their interests

Information like this is only going to reach people effectively when it its presented in a comprehensive package. One that cites sources, provides examples and is visually appealing.

If you are so disposed to passing this information on effectively, the best way to do it is likely the use of infographics. I would hit up /gd/ and sharpen your skills and look at examples from history.
>>
>>63092381

yes we know, readdit.

ok point us to a source of higher quality entertainment, oh wise one.

oh look there isnt any.
>>
>>63092465
>shitposting when OP is dropping red pills
>>
File: captain obvious.jpg (546 KB, 1192x1764) Image search: [Google]
captain obvious.jpg
546 KB, 1192x1764
> these movies that cost hundreds of millions to make are made by large corporations who are the only ones who can afford to make them! wake up sheeple!!
>>
File: psycho3.jpg (2 MB, 1730x2596) Image search: [Google]
psycho3.jpg
2 MB, 1730x2596
we are going TO BUMP YOU UP
>>
>>63092593
Anon, meet a brick wall.
Brick wall, meet anon.

I see you two have already started talking.
>>
>>63092790
anon, go back to reddit.
>>
>>63092657

the blogosphere, many forums,wikileaks and even some parts of twitter you idiot go entirely against mainstream news media.

90% of all news platforms agree on everything, there is almost no dissent or information.
>>
>>63092824
>blogosphere
i dont even know what that means you fucking tumblrina.
>>
File: 2 headed snake 2.jpg (33 KB, 537x354) Image search: [Google]
2 headed snake 2.jpg
33 KB, 537x354
>>63092824

Ok so lets say you know the truth about whats going on in the world.
what are your plans about doing anything about it?
holding up a few banners and going on a march that wont change shit?? or shitbitching on 4chan?
>>
>>63092745
It's not like they have tax breaks or can use military shit for free and I'm talking about my country, it's probably the same in other nations
>>
>>63092946
Not him, but Im sure step one would be getting as many people as possible on the same page. That said, 4chan is not likely the greatest venue.
>>
>>63092824

> my news source is twitter

I want ribbit to leave.
>>
>>63092657
theyre called books, dude.
>>
File: bnp_media_poison_1.png (180 KB, 368x337) Image search: [Google]
bnp_media_poison_1.png
180 KB, 368x337
war is terrorism with a bigger budget
>>
>>63092714
DUDE I'M MUCH MORE INTELLIGENT THAN THE OTHER SHEEPLE I CAN SEE HOW IT REALLY IS NO-ONE BUT I HAS FIGURED OUT THIS COVERT WEB OF DECEPTION I AM TRULY ENLIGHTENED LMAO
>>
I think OP is 12 and has just read heard his first Alex Jones podcast
>>
File: 213213.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
213213.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>63092381
Every single frame of every bit of entertainment is structured and built around propaganda and advertising.

>>63092946
Turn the TV off, plant a garden, trade with neighbors.
>>
>>63092381

That's why I cut my cable TV sub years ago, and only watch TV or films via streaming.

Between adblock, and streaming, I live in a virtually advertisement free world now, and no longer expose myself to the obvious propaganda spouted by the "media" and "entertainment" industries.
>>
>>63093255
>and no longer expose myself to the obvious propaganda spouted by the "media" and "entertainment" industries
dude, youre on 4chan. do you really believe this part? like REALLY?
>>
>>63093255
> only watch TV or films via streaming.
>I live in a virtually advertisement free world now

I really hate to burst your bubble, but you should watch, "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold:"
>>
people who base their opinions off facebook meme graphics are the worst people in the world
>>
So what?
>>
>>63093479
Shut up, grandpa
>>
>>63093150
no
terrorrism is killing civilians on purpose
>>
But have you accepted Jesus the lord into your heart yet? Drugs are bad, m'kay? Donate to my shitty cult's kickstarter fuck you pay me
>>
>>63093479
Th-thanks, Mr. Genetic Fallacy

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
>>
File: capitalism 101.jpg (1010 KB, 3112x3461) Image search: [Google]
capitalism 101.jpg
1010 KB, 3112x3461
that's capitalist consolidation for you
>>
>>63093620
this is not an example of an effective, concise inforgraphic -just FYI to OP
>>
>>63093337
>dude, youre on 4chan. do you really believe this part? like REALLY?

The propaganda here is easily recognized, and either avoided, or mocked for the shilling it is.
>>
>>63093449
>I really hate to burst your bubble, but you should watch, "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold:"

You seem to believe that it's impossible to screen out bullshit shilling, anon.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.