[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm an animationfag that wants to get a bit more into live-action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Feherlofia.jpg (2 MB, 2112x2560) Image search: [Google]
Feherlofia.jpg
2 MB, 2112x2560
I'm an animationfag that wants to get a bit more into live-action film. In general I love animated films with highly stylized (detailed as well as minimalist) design, an expressive color palette and often works that are more surreal. Some of my favorites are Feherlofia, Secret of Kells, Tale of Tales, Persepolis, Waltz with Bashir, End of Evangelion, Sadness of Belladonna, Angel's Egg Princess Kaguya, Mononoke, Utena and the works of Yuasa, Kon and Abe/Ueda.

So what are some live-action films I might want to check out. I've seen and enjoyed lots of the movies that are praised for their visual style, films by Malick, Kubrick, Jodorowsky, Gilliam or Tarkovsky, the Chronos Trilogy and some films like Lawrence of Arabia, Hero or Samsara.
>>
>>63090370
Should have added Koppola films and The Fall too.
>>
>>63090370
Have you even seen the best animated film of all time aka end of evangelion?
>>
>>63090370

Beyond the Black Rainbow
Enter the Void
Phantom of the Paradise
Mr. Nobody
Ran (not as highly stylized as the others but very good for a Samurai type film)

Films from Lars von Trier, Lynch, and Jeff Nichols (not heavily stylized but fantastic films nonetheless).

Hope this helps.
>>
An expressive color pallet can also be a lack of color. See, Schindler's List, The Road.

If you want to see an interesting use of bright neons on a dark background watch Blade Runner.

Otherwise Google pictures of rainbows you faggot.
>>
>>63090528
Thanks, saw Beyond the Black Rainbow, Ran, Dogville by Trier and about five or so films by Lynch + Twin Peaks.. I must admit that with Lynch I was a bit dissapointed with the surrealism in his movies. In his movies those elements are almost always a result of dreams or some kind of mental projection. I much more prefer when they are an actual part of reality, like for example in Space Odyssey, Feherlofia or Evangelion. I probably liked Eraserhead out of his films the most, it really did stand out and was pretty impressive.
>>63090634
Seen all of those, and also what the fuck is wrong with rainbows you lousy, translucent piece of shit on a stick.
>>63090492
I mentioned it in the OP.
>>
>>63091885
Have you seen Suspiria? Watch it if you havent seen it already
>>
>>63091885
Would recommend to you
Only god forgives
Vahalla rising
The strange color of your body tears
The holy mountain
Redline (anime)
Under the skin
Lost river
>>
The Fall.

It's the only colorful movie you'll ever, ever need to see.
>>
File: This is an animated film.jpg (46 KB, 736x589) Image search: [Google]
This is an animated film.jpg
46 KB, 736x589
>>63090370
But have you seen anything by Alexander Petrov?
>>
>>63090370
The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.