[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished the first season. It's pissing me off how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: leftovers.jpg (200 KB, 640x948) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.jpg
200 KB, 640x948
Just finished the first season. It's pissing me off how good this is. Even though it's going nowhere and there will be no answers. Lindelof is sure to coast on this for a while, his other disasters forgotten.

Was hoping this would suck so the guy would finally get the axe.
>>
>>63089994

Start catching up with Season 2 buddy, Eccleston had another amazing episode focused on his character
>>
>>63090028
Eccleston is probably my favorite part of this show. Don't spoil shit nigger.
>>
Christopher Eccleston is in this? Downloading now
>>
>>63090075
Yeah his character is amazing and plays an intersting part in the telling of the story.
>>
>>63090045

I never would

>>63090075

Yeah, he's the reason I stayed on board for Season 1, episode 3 was just a really great episode
>>
>>63089994

I didn't watch whole season 1 just the last three or four episodes, but got hooked in the second one excited waiting for each episode.
>>
Season 2 is GOAT so far.
>>
>>63090130
>I didn't watch whole season 1 just the last three or four episodes, but got hooked in the second one excited waiting for each episode

You fucking idiot. I can't believe this shit!
>>
>>63090205

Calm down anon, I didn't say it was bad and still pretend to see it just feels like I'm not loosing anything to keep with the second, just maybe for the Matt character.
>>
>>63090472
>didn't say it was bad and still pretend to see it just feels like I'm not loosing anything to keep with the second

Nah I'm sorry, what you did is completely baffling to me and I'm sure the majority on this board.
>>
Why does literally the same song play at end of every episode? It's driving me insane.
>>
File: theleftovers-11-1-15.jpg (99 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
theleftovers-11-1-15.jpg
99 KB, 600x400
Only way to get in is a wristband. You live there but don't have one, you can't get in.

What kind of retarded system is that?!
>>
>>63092065

he would've been fine if John hadn't been a huge cunty cunt
>>
>>63092121

> all signs point to man raping his comatose wife
> he claims divine intervention, the idea of which threatens your town's existance
> you're a huge cunty cunt if you don't want to let him back into your town
>>
>>63092293
tbf, that guy's a cunt regardless of that
>>
File: 1409775274536.jpg (10 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1409775274536.jpg
10 KB, 251x242
>it's dick episode
>>
>>63092534

>Congratulations

funniest fucking thing this whole season
>>
Couldn't even finish the pilot
>>
I know I will sound like a troll, but this show seems like just random unexplained shit happening: the series.

Is there a theme or direction it's going that I'm just completely lost on? All the emotions from the characters seem so cheap to me when they are in response to clusters of random, guideless bad things happening... then the soundtrack gets under my skin because it tries to make it all seem so profound.

The writers do get some solid 1 liners into the script though. Not jokes, I mean just cool, memorable phrases and exchanges.
>>
>>63092854

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU ANNOYING CUNTS ARE FUCKING AUTISTIC AS FUCK ALL I SEE IS YOU FUCKERS GOING ON ABOUT WHY CAN'T IT EXPLAIN EVERYTHING? I LIKE TO SEE HOW THEY EXPLAIN? NO ANON, TRY THE FUCKING EXISTENTIAL THEMES, STORYLINE, CHARACTERS NOT THE FUCKING THING GOING ON AND ON WITH YOU YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC FUCK GOING ON ABOUT BUD LINDOF IS A HACK CANT COMPRIHEND SHIT BECAUSE IM A FUCKING BABY. BABY THAT BABY THIS FUCK MY SHIT I DONT EVEN GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE. FUCKING AUTISTIC CUNT.
>>
>>63090045
Hes walking talking book of job, what can be spoiled? You know that everything is going to go badly for him and he'll just keep smiling.
>>
>>63092854
The scene with loli patti at the well was really cool. Then you remember its a drug-induced headtrip a guy went on to get rid of his hallucination that was literally doing nothing but telling him his fears.
>>
>>63093825
hes john locke from lost
>>
>>63093912
Well that's the stupidest thing I've read this month.
>>
>>63093949
hes a guy all faith gettin rammed up the ass.

he even has those freakin outs only to have "signs" that put him on his retarded path again.
>>
>>63093681
This show really isn't about existentialism to me. It's more just about despair and nothing else. They have a handful of characters all getting shit on over and over again.... and that's it. Seeing people become miserable because miserable shit keeps happening to them is not existentialism to me, or at least not in an interesting way.
>>
>>63092854

HBO refused to green light season 3 unless Lindelof agreed to tell them what was going to happen ahead of time, so hopefully that means we're going to get some answers at some point in the future, either way I enjoy the show.
>>
>>63092854
>random unexplained shit happening

anon please
try to focus on some of these themes:
unexplained loss
depression
dealing with grief
keeping your sanity
being scared of another "happening"
trying to make sense of something that you can't make sense of
>>
>>63094044
>>63093681
It's not about not knowing the why behind all the mysteries, it's that the show has so many mysteries that they become cheap and then the pain the characters are in become cheap too.
>>
>>63094170
do you have any examples of what you mean?
>>
File: holy.jpg (44 KB, 523x533) Image search: [Google]
holy.jpg
44 KB, 523x533
>>63089994
Best show on television. Lindelof redeemed himself.
>>
>>63094117
Those have all been present since episode 1. The characters aren't really changing or dealing with things differently than when the show started. We see people collapsing under it ll, and people trying to force things to be right and then things go to shit again. It seems like every episode just repeats the same cycle.

I also never said the show was shit. Just that it wasn't for me and that maybe someone could explain the appeal it has to them.
>>
>>63094117
yeah and they throw some supernatural shit in there to keep it going, otherwise no one would watch such depressing stuff
>>
>>63094225
did kevin wish to become an international assassin?
>>
>>63094254
oh you've seen season 2 as well? i'm not attacking you or anything just so you know but the characters have changed quite a bit.
i'm gonna spoiler for OP
>kevin gone nutters
>jill is not edgemaster teen anymore
>laurie is out of GR
>matt is... well i don't know. he was such a vague character in s1 we're kinda waiting for an episode on him
>nora is kinda the same
>matt is having a baby and mary woke up (supposedly) so i assume his faith is growing stronger

the appeal to me is the characters and the melodrama. no show has ever made me feel so sad without me knowing exactly why as this one.
>>
>>63094214
There's the happening, there's seeing loved ones join the guilty remnant, there's the guilty remnant doing things that upset characters, there's all the issues the couple have had trying to move into the new house.

Maybe mysteries aren't the right word, but things that are out of the character's hands that make life harder for them and they don't know why it happened or how to resolve it. There's something new every episode and it doesn't seem like there's progress. Which is fine if that's the point the show makers are trying to make about life, but there repetition doesn't work for me. And then some sad piano piece comes in as if this week's unpredictable sad thing is so important, but then it happens every weeks and not much changes.

I can see how that repetition works for a show about dealing with tragedy, but I think I've explained why it's not automatically worthwhile as a show.
>>
>>63094044

This is why HBO is gud, that is the only necessary answer why Lost should be canceled before it becoming the awful mess it did after season 3. So everything will be fine with The Leftover given their green light.
>>
>>63089994
I wont spoil you anything, but last episode clearly indicated that we will get answers and show leads somewhere, and funniest part is, its fucking awesome as hell(no matter what road show takes=either religious, mental or IDK aliens).

I honestly believe guy who did Lost learned his leason and even if ending will be shitty(I highly doubt), ride will be glorious.

Here, have a feels and goosebumps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owkJzOgl-iE
>>
>>63094395
I have seen season 2. I get why people like it better than season 1. It's bigger in scope in an emotional way.

But I still end up just laughing at it more than caring about these characters. And I'm not some edgemaster. I still watch the final scene of mad men now and then because it makes me feel good that things ended up well for most of the characters.
>>
>>63094451
*sorry, dont listen to that, its crappy version...
This one is good one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj9GcXEU5wg&list=PLkLimRXN6NKzdWhg-SEQCHnOvzjeqsb8O&index=5
>>
Also, most of /tv/ shat on new S02 opening ...
Well....listen to whole song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlaoR5m4L80&index=1&list=PLkLimRXN6NKzdWhg-SEQCHnOvzjeqsb8O
>>
>>63094598
I'm the guy who's been bitching about the shows soundtrack and I love the season 2 opening
>>
>>63094296
and a DJ, yes
>>
File: 1440343073536.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1440343073536.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>it's a kevin saves the baby jesus episode
>>
File: The Leftovers 2x08 in 120s.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
The Leftovers 2x08 in 120s.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>Previously on The Leftovers
>>
LE DEPRESSED WHITE MAN XD
>>
>>63094856
this episode was so unreal
>>
>>63094856
Jesus Christ, so many shit happens in 120 sec,
I watched Fargo 120 sec yesterday and you could actually watch it , so little different scenes and movement.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.