[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I want to start with Malick's films, which one should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Terrence-Malick-.jpg (130 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Terrence-Malick-.jpg
130 KB, 900x600
So, I want to start with Malick's films, which one should I watch first?
>>
Start at the beginning of his filmography you fucking dork.

BADLANDS POWER
>>
badlands and days of heaven are sort of similar so you don't have to watch them both straight away but i'd recommend that

after that it doesn't matter, what varies is amount of philosophical babble and grass, though to the wonder hasn't got either iirc
>>
>>63087267
Watch Badlands and stop, the rest is pure shit.
>>
>>63087915
Came here to post this
>>
>>63087915
>>63088739
Fucking plebs ruining this board tbqh. Badlands is objectively his worst film
>>
>>63087267
Watch Tree of Life
>>
>>63088873
truth
>>
>>63088905
What's his best then? Is The Thin Red Line good?
>>
watch them in chrinilogical order. I've never seen a director get shittier through time in such consistent way.

TRL is fucking awful and pretentious. Badlands on the other hand is his most beautiful and sincere film. Days of Heaven is ok but is a lesser version in artistic terms of Badlands even when it has some amazing shots.

TL;DR
Watch Badlands and Days of Heaven, and no matter what plebs say, Thin Red Line is a bad movie.
>>
>>63087267
Badlands, Days of Heaven, and TTRL are all great entry points for different reasons
>>
>>63088922
>>63088883
>>
>>63088922
Tree of Life is his masterpiece
>>
>>63088955
>pretentious
>characters explicitly stating their intentions and emotions through voice over

You have no idea what that word means.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.