[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that the dust has settled, what did you think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: zero-dark-thirty-2012-poster03.jpg (323 KB, 1350x2000) Image search: [Google]
zero-dark-thirty-2012-poster03.jpg
323 KB, 1350x2000
now that the dust has settled, what did you think of this?
>>
steaming dick stroking pile of shit

5/10
>>
Masterpiece.
>>
>>63084542
I would allow Jessica Chastain to crush my testicles with her heels. I mean, really pulverize them into mush.
>>
Should have won the oscar.
>>
>>63084585
tell your mother that you autistic basement dwelling weeb
>>
They turned a military movie into a strong independent feminist flick. Their were no women involved in capturing Bid Laden yet the whole movie was about a woman doing a man's job.
>>
I already forgot everything about it other than there is torture and they shoot Bin Laden
>>
It's a fake story portrayed as USA USA truth, note going to watch trash like that.
>>
Simply deplorable. Subtle and sophisticated propaganda for the US and its military.
>>
Forgettable drivel with an unambitious and lazily written script. Undeserving of Oscar nominations.

Then again that goes for about 70% of those nominated.
>>
>>63084542
Pro-war horseshit that I would dub "alternate history" if I didn't know any better.
>>
>>63085520

>women talked about in that book the operator wrote about the assault

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/in-zero-dark-thirty-shes-the-hero-in-real-life-cia-agents-career-is-more-complicated/2012/12/10/cedc227e-42dd-11e2-9648-a2c323a991d6_story.html

But yes, it was an international conspiracy between Hollywood filmmakers and the CIA to make it look like a woman was involved in the Bin Laden investigation.
>>
>>63084542
last part when the SEALs were oper8'n was the best part.
>>
>>63084542
My least favorite Bigelow movie. Not to mention the whole story is certified bullshit in the first place.

Pacing was all over the place and the last quarter feels barely related to the first 3/4ths.
>>
>>63084542
Average
>>
>>63087255
>Pro-war horseshit that I would dub "alternate history" if I didn't know any better.

What's "pro-war" about it? It's sadly probably the most accurate film about the subject matter.
>>
Very clever propaganda that liberals lap up because it isn't outright OO RAH! Michael Bay shit.
>>
I'm not going to jerk off over it and I'm also not going to have a kneejerk negative reaction because it got hype.

It's a comfy movie. I enjoyed watching it.
>>
>>63089969
The CIA literally pressured the writer into removing scenes that made them look bad.

Not to mention that it tries to be ambiguous about torture when torture is inherently wrong and doesn't work.
>>
glad the CIA didn't win the oscar for best writing. terribly deceptive film
>>
Incredible muscular filmmaking injected with slow burn yet giving procedural, never wastes a shot or gets tedious unlike most procedurals. Exemplary at best of how the grey side of a nation arises after fulfilling a vendetta, kinda like Munich. might be KB opus.

All of this angers /tv/
>>
>>63090214

Except the torture literally doesn't work. They only get the information by tricking the guy into thinking the attack already happened.
>>
>>63090238
>glad the CIA didn't win the oscar for best writing

AYY LMAO
>>
I thought it was good. I'm a sucker for CIA/espionage flicks
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.