[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this movie break 1 billion in domestic box office?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Will this movie break 1 billion in domestic box office?
>>
>>63082809
Yeah, probably, maybe. Depends if JJ finds a good balance between familiar and new.
>>
Domestic? I doubt it. But the next movie might if this one is really good
>>
>>63082826

You really think that will matter. The people that would even consider reading reviews before watching STAR WARS is so already a tiny fraction, and of those people, only a tiny fraction would be stopped by anything short of THIS MOVIE IS ABSOLUTE HORSESHIT from each and every reviewer.

Face it, the reviews will range from acceptable to bretty gud and every single human in the country will eat this up except for mega-antinerd ultracontrarians.
>>
>>63082809
Uh, I'm pretty sure this is gonna break two billion easy.

Have you seen the domestic pre sale numbers? And we're weeks away
>>
>>63082872
>You really think that will matter.

I think it will matter for repeat views, yeah.
>>
>>63082897
good point I suppose. I still think the reach will be far enough that it would at least get close. It's the holiday season and I literally can't think of anyone I know who wouldn't watch it. Star Wars is, for better or worse, completely ingrained in American culture
>>
not after getting that PG-13 rating.
>>
>>63082809
highkey senpai
>>
>>63082809

>Will this movie break 1 billion in domestic box office?

Domestic? Probably not. Fewer and fewer people are actually going out to see movies. The insane earnings numbers we are seeing are mostly due to inflation and just flat out higher ticket prices. The overseas market is where the film will make its $2bn.

It will be interesting to see if this film beats Avatar. A lot of Avatar's financial success came from the added cost of the 3D tickets. Star Wars won't have that, but it does have brand recognition and a titanic amount of marketing. But look at Revenge of the Sith, that didn't even make a half a billion and that was fairly recently.
>>
>>63082975
>implying PG-13 will stop their way crossing 1 billion
Nice bait, but avatar and JW also PG-13
>>
File: whydoe2389031.jpg (29 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
whydoe2389031.jpg
29 KB, 454x453
>>63082809
>It's a shillbot thread
>>
File: 1445860253993.jpg (101 KB, 1277x525) Image search: [Google]
1445860253993.jpg
101 KB, 1277x525
>>63082809
it will make 1 trillion
>>
>>63082809
Maybe. It'll crack 750mil domestic, I reckon.
>>
>>63082809
movie theaters are really taking the beating in US and foreign is kill thanks to mr Booyega and brilliant acting and birthing hips
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.