[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best or, correct, way to watch this film? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: jeanne1.jpg (87 KB, 478x747) Image search: [Google]
jeanne1.jpg
87 KB, 478x747
What's the best or, correct, way to watch this film? I know there are several versions, some with sound, some completely silent.
>>
On your laptop with your headphones it

Preferably only a couple times you can check Insta, Yik Yak, or Twitter while the movie plays in the background

This is one you sorta gotta pay attention to

I missed about 15-20 mins in total but I don't really care, it seemed alright, dont think i missed that much
>>
>>63081317
Here this is considered blatantly wrong and stupid but there are people who do this. I once recommended somebody a movie and they watched it over a few days on bus trips.
>>
>What's the best or, correct, way to watch this film?
german intertitles, french subtitles for intertitles, version w/out sound, volume at 200%, VLC 'psychedelic' filter turns on, saturating and contrast at max, white mapped to orange, and sucking an avacado while you autoerotically asphyxiate yourself listening to sweet emotion by aerosmith
>>
>>63081317
>>63081390
>>63081567
Please ;n;
>>
>>63081242
With you best gal.
>>
>>63081317
Annoying
>>63081390
Relatable
>>63081567
Funny
>>63081612
Unneeded
>>
>>63081242
With you friends, of course.

You have friends, right?
>>
sound off intertitles in a language you can read

its not that hard
>>
The music will just enhance the effect of the scenes to make you feel. If you believe you're still a pleb, then go for it. If you're confident in your patricianhood, go silent. Either way it's a fantastic film.
>>
>>63081661
Gay
>>
if you weren't a moron you would watch besson's version with milla jovovich as joan instead.
>>
>>63081242
Dryer preferred that the film be viewed without music.
>>
File: lapassiondejeannedarc01.jpg (32 KB, 450x310) Image search: [Google]
lapassiondejeannedarc01.jpg
32 KB, 450x310
who else thinks joan is hot as fuck
no pun
>>
>>63081744
this

Godard was an autistic hack desu. only film students masturbate over him.

Bresson was genuinely a great director; see a Man Escaped, Balthazar and Pickpocket
>>
>>63081865
What does Godard have to with PoJoA aside from one scene being shown in one of his movies?
>>
>>63081390
Honestly, I could see myself doing this if I was stretched for time and needed something to do on a long bus ride.
>>
>>63081923
my mistake. I refuse to watch grandpa flicks made before 1950 so I get all of those mixed up
>>
>>63082059
watch Late Spring (1949) best grandpa flick

Stray Dog is 1949 too
>>
>>63081242
I watched it with a score and later without it. For the first time i'd recommend going with sound

>>63081744
That's worse in every aspect

>>63082059
>Shitposter is retarded
What's new?
>>
>>63083192
>I watched it with a score and later without it. For the first time i'd recommend going with sound
This is what I'll do. I've never actually watched a completely silent movie. I bet it feels odd.
>>
>>63083245
>I bet it feels odd.
It does. In a perfectly dark room it feels a great kind of odd. Especially with a movie like this with such spare compositions. I recommend it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.