[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the french so great at making horror movies? All amerifats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Insideposter.jpg (82 KB, 441x600) Image search: [Google]
Insideposter.jpg
82 KB, 441x600
Why are the french so great at making horror movies?

All amerifats make is le ironic "it's shit on purpose" horror trash aimed towards teenagers and redditors.

Pic related is REAL horror.
>>
Judging by the cover it's yet another European excuse to have lesbian sex scenes. What's it about?
>>
>>63081685
The opposite of that. It's about a pregnant women and some crazy bitch trying to kill her and steal her baby.
>>
>>63081685
Well there is a scene where the crazy girl kisses the pregnant girl.
>>
>>63080907
I am french and i'll have to disagree.
We weren't able to make a good horror or even genre movie in the last 20 years.
Brits and spanish are way betters at that.
It's mostly because a real horror scenario is never going to get the state funds in france. it all goes to the faggy or holocaust movies.
>>
>>63082263
post good spanish and british horror movies then
>>
>>63082263
Horror movies are pretty much the only watchable things you guys have done in the last 20 years though.
>>
>>63082263
>>63082347
The Spanish horror/thriller craze is over man. Been over for like 5 years.
>>
>>63081714
the purpose isnt killing, it's 'taking the baby. killing her before taking the baby wouldn't help a bit
anyway it's more common than one expects
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_abduction
>>
>>63082347
British:28 days later, the descent, dog soldiers,hellraiser...
Spanish: rec1,el orfanato (the orphenage i guess), chronos,fragile...
They may not be goat but it's way better that what we have done so far.
>>
>>63082347
Ben Wheatly is great
>>
>>63082374
Yeah, but every year brits and spanish release at least 5 or more little new horror or fantastic movies, even now.
I can't even remember the last fantastic ,or worst ,sci fi movie made in france
>>
>>63080907
>Why are the french so great at making horror movies?
That's funny, most French people would tell you that we fucking suck at it. Haven't seen that one yet.
>>
File: Its just dust.jpg (106 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Its just dust.jpg
106 KB, 600x450
>>63082353
Because our entire cinema is a joke.since besson turn full jew we didn't even have one watchable genre movie.
Hell, even belgians are making much better movies than us.
>>
>>63082595
>france
>sci-fi
Yeah I can't even think of a recent one off the top of my head.
>>
File: martyrs-feature1.jpg (181 KB, 1165x877) Image search: [Google]
martyrs-feature1.jpg
181 KB, 1165x877
>hey bro let's watch that movie about the 2 french girls!

>ok!
>>
>>63082543
Del Toro is Mexican retard
>>
File: image.png (439 KB, 790x442) Image search: [Google]
image.png
439 KB, 790x442
>>63083158
>Mexican and spanish people aren't the same
>>
>>63082347
don't look now, the wicker man, the devil's backbone
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.