[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could they write such a terrible villain? What were they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: smee.png (878 KB, 1057x792) Image search: [Google]
smee.png
878 KB, 1057x792
How could they write such a terrible villain?

What were they thinking?
Such wasted potential honestly
>>
>>63080073
The guy on the train was more of a villain desu
>>
File: ADLHDVNHBCHTSBRG II.gif (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ADLHDVNHBCHTSBRG II.gif
49 KB, 300x300
>EXPECTING HIGH QUALITATIVE VALUE FROM MASSIVE ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.

THE ONLY WORTH OF "MOVIES" OF THIS KIND IS AS SOCIOCULTURAL OBJECTS AND UNINTENTIONAL COMEDIES.
>>
>>63080073

Idk senpai I thought Allaya Paine was a pretty decent villain.
>>
>>63080094
>>63080204
>desu
>Idk
>senpai

STOP
>>
>>63080169
Have you got a job yet?
>>
Still can't be as wasted as Robert Carlyle in world is not enough
>>
>>63080169
Marry me
>>
>>63080073
The problem is that they fucked over the entire point of Blofeld by going 'muh brother.'

Blofeld is the chess player, the head of everything Bond struggles to defeat. For every battle he wins, another opponent comes to replace him. Blofeld is the mind, the man sitting comfortably in a chair as he pulls strings across the world in a bid to take over the world.

Bond, despite being an agent, is but one man. He as a body and a name isn't an entire fleet, but instead the lone hero. What starts off as a minor buzz in Blofeld's ear eventually becomes a more and more inevitable threat to his conquest. One man somehow can stand against all of Spectre, and still end the day with a joke and some alcohol.

That's why those two work. It's a buildup of a game of cat and mouse between two different yet similar individuals.

Hollywood has this thing now that enemies can not relate an emotion to one another unless they have a close relationship. Enemies can't just be on opposing sides, they have to share something. It's lazy writing that lacks effort.
>>
>>63080524
>Hollywood has this thing now that enemies can not relate an emotion to one another unless they have a close relationship.

not really exclusive to hollywood, that's just a common thing for all shit writers

like fallout 4. the entire game is "muh son" and then "muh son is evil"
>>
>>63080556
It's been a very recent trend, though, especially with the idea of 'cinematic universes' where villains have to be pals or family before being evil.
>>
Blofeld wasn't a villain.
>>
>>63080593
because all hollywood and vidya writers are shit

the people making this stuff know that normies don't care about writing or plot, so hire some 20something to write your script in a month
>>
>>63080073
DUDE IT WAS ME THIS WHOLE TIME I TOTALLY PRANKED YOU LMAO
>>
File: Authorswhocantwrite.png (635 KB, 1211x504) Image search: [Google]
Authorswhocantwrite.png
635 KB, 1211x504
IT WAS US /TV/ THE AUTHORS OF ALL YOUR PAIN
>>
>>63080224
Baka daysu
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.