[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be possible for a few amateurs to make a show like the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1446079228070.jpg (55 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
1446079228070.jpg
55 KB, 300x280
Would it be possible for a few amateurs to make a show like the office? If the writing is good and the actors are decent, would it be possible?
>>
Of course.

>"HEY GUYS I HAVE A CRAZY IDEA AND I'M THE BOSS"
>sarcastic character eyefucks the camera
>autist goes "I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU BOSS AND THE REST OF YOU SHOULD BE FIRED"
>>
>>63079595
You mean a shitty discount version of The Office?
Well, yeah anything is possible anon.
>>
If shooted good
>>
>>63079616
>>63079616
what are the essentials of movie making besides a camera and a mic?
>>
>>63079897
memes
>>
>>63079897

I don't know man
>>
>>63079897
talent
>>
>>63079955
Dub dubs speak the truth
>>
>>63079897
Things that you can create good lighting with, a decent script, actors that can pull off said script, and patience. If you are creating a pilot for a comedy you don't need to dump a ton of money into it. Check out the pilot for It's Always Sunny to see what I mean.
>>
>>63079595
The UK Office was made by amateurs at the time. It was Ricky Gervais's and Stephen Merchant's first gig.
>>
>>63079595
They did, actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYwtIn427uc

I liked it. Watched the whole show back in the day. It nailed a lot of the aspects of living in a dorm room.
>>
The pilot for It's Always Sunny had less than a $100 budget and everyone was a complete amateur. Over a decade later they're still one of the funniest comedies around. You just need to prove you're good enough, have the potential, or get super fucking lucky. Or a combination of the three.
>>
>>63080883
jesus christ that chick in the pink is bad at acting

not that I would do better but she can't pull that off
>>
>>63080924
what do you do with the pilot once it's done? Do you send it to people or just put it up on youtube?
>>
>>63080954
Yeah, but the male dorm leader is fucking great. Also Sokka's in it.
>>
>>63079595
They did, it's called The Office. The original one though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.