[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Invincible Son, only possible way of saving me from this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11
File: man-of-steel.jpg (30 KB, 818x347) Image search: [Google]
man-of-steel.jpg
30 KB, 818x347
"Invincible Son, only possible way of saving me from this horrible fate, please do not save me."
>>
unremarkable lad, no
>>
indestructible descendant, cease your movement
>>
Nothing about anything Zac Snyder makes comes across as organic and logical. He doesn't even understand blocking. Every Snyder movie is just a puppet show.
>>
you guys just don't understand the themes
>>
>>
Honestly, what stopped Clark from going to save the dog?
Why did dad even feel the responsibility?
>>
>>63077430
If he saved him, he'd have revealed himself to early, and he was too young to handle it all. Just look at what happens in BvS.
Either way, it was kind of lame. I'd rather have had more development with him and Clark than the extended opening scene
>>
>>63079854
>if he did that stupid fucking thing in that stupid fucking movie it would have been bad, Just look at what happens in the stupid fucking sequel (that is not out yet) made by the same stupid fucking people
>>
>>63079880
Tell me how you really feel
>>
>>63077430
>>63078971
There is actually no evidence they knew how tough Clark was at that point.
>>
>>63077430

Immortal offspring, cease your progression
>>
Superman can fucking bench press the earth for days and not feel a thing and this faggot fucked stops him from saving a dog? Lel
>>
Superb gentleman, wait for the green light before crossing
>>
>>63077430
Extraordinary pedestrian, look before you leap.
>>
>>63077430
Omnipotent offspring, obey.
>>
File: Qead.jpg (30 KB, 959x404) Image search: [Google]
Qead.jpg
30 KB, 959x404
he saved us
>>
File: 1439719688111.jpg (43 KB, 592x448) Image search: [Google]
1439719688111.jpg
43 KB, 592x448
>>63079267
You are the one not understanding cousin.
Jonathan clark have always died from an heart attack because it is supose to teach clark that he is not a god and that he can't save everyone even with his godlike powers.
The movie death just teach him that it's better to let his father died than to show his strengh to the people he his suposed to save because somehow it can upset them.
> this is bullshit and stupid.
> snyder is stupid.
> you are probably stupid too to not have understand it in the first place.
>>
>>63078971
>>63080093
>>63080734
>>63080805
top fucking kek
>>
>>63082070
i thought david goyer wrote that shit
>>
Aside from that really fucking stupid moment, it also bothered me that human dad was teaching Clark to just let people die.

I don't know anything about Superman... lore? But it seemed fucking stupid.
>>
>>63082155
You are wright, but snyder who told everyone he was the biggest superman fan shouldn't have let that pass. They are both cunts anyway.
>>
>>63080056
I bet they did, and we know the "reason" why Dad didn't want to be saved so that makes no sense.
>>
>>63079525
No not angry dumb fuck, horrified.

>>63081829
Yes he saved 7 Billion lives twice that day so yes he mother fucking did save them you worthless shit stain mother fucker.

>>63082070
>The movie death just teach him that it's better to let his father died than to show his strengh to the people he his suposed to save because somehow it can upset them.
Proves you don't leave your basement you piece of fucking shit, people out in the real fucking world would be horrified of someone with that power regardless of what good he does with it.
Muslims would go on jihad unseen in history to spite the being that proves their religion false.
Society would tear itself fucking apart.
>>
>>63082189
Yes because if he saved him and revealed himself it may cause more fucking lives.
>>
File: STOP INVINC- MY LEG.gif (3 MB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
STOP INVINC- MY LEG.gif
3 MB, 450x350
"Son, don't make decisions for yourself. Live your life in doubt and confusion. Don't worry about your mother, she'll be fine without me, I guess."
>>
File: 1445805584766.jpg (38 KB, 377x377) Image search: [Google]
1445805584766.jpg
38 KB, 377x377
>>63083284
>this guy
>>
Halt my incredible boy. God, in his infinite wisdom has decided my fate. It would be a crime against his holiness to meddle against his whims. Pray for me.
>>
File: kent.jpg (11 KB, 144x214) Image search: [Google]
kent.jpg
11 KB, 144x214
>mfw Hank is a fucking dog
>>
"Still yourself. Your extraordinary gifts were not intended to be used to saved loved ones, even when it will come at no expense whatsoever. Remember my avoidable untimely demise always"
>>
>>63083683
>"Still yourself. Your extraordinary gifts were not intended to be used to saved loved ones, even when it will come at no expense whatsoever
I call society tearing itself apart, Muslims rampaging to spite the false god, and Clark being revealed before he was ready to use his power for good, a serious fucking expense.
>>
>>63083880
All of that would have happened if Clark had run into a tornado and survived it?

Or if he had just been the one to grab the dog instead of the dad?

Jeez.
>>
>>63083880
A movie that was just 1 1/2 hours of Superman fucking up Muslims would be awesome.
>>
>>63083880
anomalous kin, immobilize thyself
>>
>>63083923
>Kryptonian Sniper
>>
he could have ran usain bolt speed to his dad and just carried him back to safety using his strength against the tornadoes pull.

it would not have been THAT obvious, but people still would have said what the fuck. at least his dad would still be alive thjough
>>
File: 1445278567898.jpg (2 MB, 1680x2282) Image search: [Google]
1445278567898.jpg
2 MB, 1680x2282
>>63079267

The plots are too deep for me.
>>
>>63083880
society is already tearing itself apart and muslims are already rampaging

superman saving his dad affects nothing
>>
If this were a normal, not edgy grimdark Superman movie, this scene would have been the moment when Clark decides that he wants to use his powers to help people and is ready to accept the burden. Pa Kent would have been telling Clark to stay back, not expose himself, then as the tornado closes in on him, he's carried away by Clark. Triumphant music would have played, people looking on in shock and disbelief. Would have been great. But no, we got "I'm sacrificing myself for literally no reason, good luck in the most important years of your life without a father figure"
>>
File: 1443977759470.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
1443977759470.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
>>63083284
> proof that you haven't visit any countries in your shitty life.muslims would mostly believe superman is their long awaited messiah the madih, jews will probably argue that kal el means something in hebrew therefore sups is of the g_d chosen people and christian will piss themselves at the idea that superman is american jesus returned.
It's Mostly edgy atheists like you who will freakout because all he does his against laws of physics.
>>
>>63083321
I like how casual he is
>I'm about to die but whatever this foot hurts like hell
>>
Why are people so convinced that Clark demonstrating his powers - which involve being really fucking fast - in front of a very small group of people would instantly lead to the whole world knowing he exists? It would just be dismissed as the crazy ramblings of some hick farmers.
>>
>watching a guy run out and grab this old man and drag him back to safety will make people think superhumans are real
No. They might think "damn, that guy is really strong to run that fast in these winds", but considering he's built like a brick shithouse, is that really out of the ordinary? I doubt it.
>>
>>63085766
Some fag would put it on youtube
>>
He was like 20 meters away from him.

And what were the other people doing?
The whole purpose of the scene is for Clark to not be exposed right?

So were those people just sitting there looking into an oncoming tornado?
Why werent they running? They were in the shelter but the tornado was still there?

He probably had time to save him, without doing anything fancy.
Like he could've just run up and grabbed him, I'm sure not many people would've even questioned what they saw even if he DID use Super powers due to the stress and disorientation of a wind cyclone carrying debris and dust coming right for you.
>>
Clark could have easily ran ever so slightly faster than humanly possible.

If bolted over and back in a flash people would know he has powers but if he just ran like real fast people would just see it as adrenaline pushing his body. If they even remotely gave a fuck even if they did see it happen because they would be more concerned about themselves dying
>>
I can't wait for the Plinkett review of Man of Stell.
>>
>>63077430
>Hol'up desu senpai
>>
Awful scene. Why the fuck they changed it from Pa Kent having a heart attack is completely baffling.

The comic death was perfect. No amount of super speed or strength or laser beams can help save his dad from dropping dead. It made the most powerful being in the universe completely helpless and it humanizes him. Helping the audience actually relate and give a fuck.
>>
>>63083284

And the really super strong guy would stop them.
>>
>>63088042
You don't get it.

More people die from tornadoes on a yearly basis.

The audience can relate easier.
>>
Forget Pa Kent asking not to be saved, more importantly why did he sacrifice his life to save a dog? Isn't being there for his son and wife more important than that?
>>
>>63083923

You might like Holy Terror. It was originally Batman brutally murdering Muslim terrorists but DC was like, "there's no fucking way we can print this" and so had to be changed to some original character. From the same guy who made The Dark Knight and Sin City
>>
File: 1448346838172.gif (2 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1448346838172.gif
2 MB, 384x288
>>63088112

More people die from tornadoes than heart attacks? I chuckled.
>>
File: 1448240982407.png (33 KB, 543x343) Image search: [Google]
1448240982407.png
33 KB, 543x343
>>63083284
Wow, this is some old school /tv/ autism
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.