[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw people think they can properly appreciate the ethnographic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1437085706098.webm (2 MB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1437085706098.webm
2 MB, 576x432
>mfw people think they can properly appreciate the ethnographic surreal tableaux vignettes that constitute most of Paradjanov's filmography
ashiggy qaribi
>>
I watched the legend of sur fortress the other day but it was kinda underwhelming because of the low resolution transfer on Amazon. Is color of pomegranates worth watching? If so where can I find it?
>>
I went to go see this at my member only art house cinema but they wouldn't allow me to bring in my falcon
>>
File: 1444585124988.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1444585124988.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>63072710
>Is color of pomegranates worth watching?
Yes, it's his first film (not counting shorts like Kievan Frescoes) where he introduced his trademark tableaux style.

>If so where can I find it?
https://archive.org/details/ColorOfPomegranates-SayatNova1968
>>
/tv/ has become the city of plebs 2bh
>>
>>63073824
This is some legit patrician shit that's too much for reddit though.
>>
>>63072849
>https://archive.org/details/ColorOfPomegranates-SayatNova1968
>all those movies at the bottom
oh fuggg
>>
>>63072673
nah man I just like movies
>>
File: 1367671433261.jpg (94 KB, 1097x680) Image search: [Google]
1367671433261.jpg
94 KB, 1097x680
>tfw no more patrician memes
>tfw everything has to be easy and accessible to post on the reddot/facebook page
>>
>>63074011
>that burning shack
Every time
>>
>>63072673
thats racist
>>
shadows of forgotten ancestors was immense
>>
>>63074212
>immense
?
>>
>>63074011
Legit lol out loud in front of my family at this image.
>>63072849
Thanks! I will give it a look. His style is really great, I love his dedication to in camera composition and physical objects that fill the frame. Is there some history or cultural knowledge I should look into to inform his films a bit more before I watch them? A lot of the imagery seems culturally specific so any insight would be appreciated. Thanks for the download Rex.
>>
>>63076455
I always got the impression he was heavily influenced by Persian or Islamic miniatures (prevalent in his native Caucasian homeland), in the flat and richly detailed composition. Though he could just as easily have found inspiration from Armenian/Byzantine medieval illustrations. The fact that he first used this style in a film titled Kievan Frescoes shows that he was probably influenced by Eastern Orthodox religious paintings or icons, pointing yet again to his appropriation of the historical visual arts in his work.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.