[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CULTURE SERIES WHEN???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Culture-Books.jpg (224 KB, 1952x1504) Image search: [Google]
Culture-Books.jpg
224 KB, 1952x1504
pic related.

Lets discuss how possible/awesome/awful this series would be to make. Who might produce it? Write the scripts? Who should star in it? Should it be live-action with CGI or animated?
>>
also, which book would be best to adapt first?
>>
i dont know if it could be done justice.
wasnt there talk of exoanding one of the stories from the state of the art into a film

also, i just found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRl9D_agLbU
>>
>>63072131
State of the Art.
Because there were already talks of a screenplay being written for it.
>>
>>63072253
That was one of the worst ones though. Involving the literal Earth and Human race was a misstep. I preferred it when it was assumed Earth was somewhere in the distant pre-history of the Culture, aeons ago.
>>
>>63072540
>implying there wouldn't be a movie made about the prosecuted transgender who resorted to doing the dirty work for the terrorists to save a fruit hostage
>>
I don't know if it could be done right.

SJW influence would be interesting, because the Culture isbasically their ideal. Don't know if that'd be bad thing or not

My main thing is that it would have to be CGI heavy, and that could turn out shit. And if they did a Culture movie they better damn well not fuck up the ships.
>>
>>63072613
lol what
>>
>>63072661
In the first part of the State of the Art book, there's a short story with this exact plot.
>>
garbage commie fantasy books
I didn't like em very much
>>
>>63072728
Don't remember that one, but I liked the 21st digit one.

As for the main books, I reckon Player of Games would be the most accessible one to introduce the Culture with, either that or Consider Phlebas because that shows them from the perspective of an outsider who hates them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.