[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Khalil save his adoptive father anyway? I would.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: dghfgfd1hgdft.jpg (22 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
dghfgfd1hgdft.jpg
22 KB, 853x353
Why didn't Khalil save his adoptive father anyway?

I would.
>>
Because i cried that's why
>>
>Why didn't Khalil save his adoptive father anyway?

Plot convenience. They had to kill him off and couldn't come up with anything original.

Compare it to how they handled Pa's death in the 1978 version, which genuinely hits you in the gut.

https://youtu.be/Bp3vqpHOceQ?t=182
>>
> no no superman, i got this
>>
>Stop invincible son.
>>
>>63070090
People are watching. He didn't want him to reveal his power level yet (and I doubt supes knew the extent of his power)
>>
>>63070090
>STOP, INVINCIBLE SON
What did he mean by this line?
>>
>>63070499

This, but also because Pa Kent knew Kal wasn't ready for people to know he had powers. That's it. I don't see why y'all have trouble with that. It's not even a very good movie jesus.

>>63070230

I mean jesus don't you understand the contrast? One is beyond Clark's control, teaching him you can't save everyone. The other is about teaching him "you're not ready yet don't you dare come out here for me." This isn't rocket science.
>>
>>63070562
We understand it, but it's stupid and it's part of the reason why this movie is bad.

It's possible for people to completely understand something and dislike it.
>>
>>63070499
He is so fast that noone would even be able to see him.
>>
>>63070615

Oh alright cool. Hmm, how would y'all do it in the context of "Clark's not ready yet?"
>>
>>63070615
We don't all live in gated communities where we have spats about having tacky lawn ornaments
>>
Superman literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>63070662
Do what?
>>
>>63070775

Have Kent teach Kal that the people aren't ready for this and that he's not ready for this and that Kent will die.
>>
>>63070631
This, also I think they would have gotten over it with Pa Kent alive and well instead of killed horrifically in front of them.
>>
>>63070807
Well first off, I wouldn't, because that's fucking stupid.

But if I ABSOLUTELY had to, maybe showing Clark breaking something or accidentally hurting someone with his powers and that teaches him he's not ready and that he should hide them until he's capable of controlling them, because otherwise people would view him as a threat.

I wouldn't put "Successfully rescuing a bus full of children" as a negative thing that makes people afraid of you.

It makes sense for Pa Kent to refuse help from Clark, but it's also fucking stupid and the audience can't connect with it because if we had super powers we would save our loved ones regardless of what harm it may do to ourselves.
Thats uh, what being heroic is.
>>
>>63070615
This.
>hurr people will be scared if some guy manages to survive a tornado
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.