[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do movies have to do this? Are people incapable of enjoying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: cancer.jpg (223 KB, 856x953) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
223 KB, 856x953
Why do movies have to do this?

Are people incapable of enjoying the movie if they don't sum up the rest of the characters' lives in a sentence?

Why do they always have to shit on someone? Why can't they just get it over with and kill the character if they feel the need to ruin their lives?
>>
when was thit the last time happened?
>>
>>63066482
could you use english?
>>
>>63066482
Anchorman I think.
>>
>>63066482
American Graffiti
>>
>>63066455
What is this trope called?
>>
>>63066482
The Social Network
>>
>>63066482
Black Mass
>>
>>63066748
Where are they now
>>
>>63066748

can't hardly wait
>>
>Op continued to live in his mom's basement until his death from cancer.
>>
File: ssss.png (56 KB, 1256x527) Image search: [Google]
ssss.png
56 KB, 1256x527
>>63067901
Thanks, that was it.

>>63067969
That's the movie, not the name of the trope.
>>
>>63066455

Okay, this seems like proper thread.

I remember Nostalgia Critic doing something like that in one of his older reviews you know, before Demo Shit and all those actors

My question is - which review? I just cannot find this and I remember really liking this at the time.
>>
>>63066455
Fuck 40 mil, I wish I had that flexibility Mike's flexing.
>>
>>63068104
It's called an epilogue.
>>
>>63066455
Is that the kid from Hook?
>>
>>63068547
an epilogue is an actual scene after the resolution, not textblubs over a still frame.
>>
>>63068590
Charlie Korsmo, yeah.
>>
>>63066455
It was so weird and out of place when it happened in American Graffiti. In Stand By Me it sort of made sense, but in American Graffiti all the conclusions were irrelevant things like them dying in Vietnam. Very weird.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.